I Know I Was for a While

51: Look Who’s Finally Up

Feeling movement beside him, Lionel quirked a sleepy smile to himself before he gently rolled over onto his back, his dark eyes looking up at Camila who was already sat up beside him, Oscar settled happily in her lap. He knew that it was early, the fact that Camila hadn’t actively tried to wake him up told him that it was earlier than usual, but still he wasn’t surprised that she was awake, knowing just how much she had been looking forwards to celebrating Oscar’s first Christmas. It was likely to be a long day, with his parents, Lucille and Isabel and Victor all wanting to spend time with them that day, he knew that it was going to be a long one, but he was excited about it, even if the idea of Isabel and Victor visiting was enough to raise a few nerves in the back of his mind. He couldn’t deny that he had been looking forwards to that day for the preceding few weeks.

Trying to wake himself up slightly, he watched Camila fuss over Oscar for a few seconds before he cleared his throat, something which caused a soft smile to spread over Camila’s face before she turned to look at him, a slight tint of pink already lighting up her cheeks. “Look who’s finally decided to join us, Oscar” she teased softly “We thought you were going to waste the morning by sleeping” she added lightly.

Lionel, who’d moved to sit up against the headboard, quirked an eyebrow. “You know it’s barely seven, right?” he quipped, stifling a soft yawn into his hand.

“I had noticed that” Camila quipped “But, with your parents sleeping in my bedroom...”

“The spare bedroom” Lionel corrected with a grin.

It had been a slow process, with Camila having unpacked all of her things in the bedroom and the two of them being slightly hesitant about actually moving into one room together, the process of Camila moving into Lionel’s bedroom permanently had taken a while, but there no denying that Lionel was thrilled that she had, even if they were still getting used to it. The notion that they officially lived together was one which still easily bought a smile up onto his face.

Camila blinked a couple of times, surprised by the interruption, before she shook her head, offering him a playful roll of her eyes. “With your parents sleeping in the spare bedroom, and my mother almost certain to show up an hour or so earlier than we asked her to, I thought it’d be nice if we woke up a little early so that we could have some time for just the three of us. I mean, I know it’s a little silly, we’re going to have all day together, but I just thought...” she trailed off shyly, her fingers gently playing with the bottom of Oscar’s pajama shirt.

Lionel watched her for a few seconds before he leant towards her, dropping a soft kiss onto the top of her head. “I’ve got a couple of presents up here somewhere” he mumbled into her hair before he placed another kiss against her head.

Camila tilted her head to look up at him, a goofy smile on her lips. “You do?” she asked.

Lionel shrugged nonchalantly. “I figured you’d wake up early” he quipped “And I also know that as soon as either one of us sets foot downstairs, my mama and papa are going to come down and start fussing, so I may have hidden a few things up here so that we could avoid that for a little while. Is that a bad thing?” he asked impishly.

Camila grinned up at him. “Have I ever mentioned that I love you?” she quipped.

Lionel merely beamed down at her for a few seconds before he pushed himself up to his feet. Padding across the bedroom, he made his way towards his wardrobe before he pulled out a small bag of presents, something which made Camila shake her head before she flicked her attention down towards Oscar, pressing a soft kiss against the side of his head. “Who are all those for, eh?” she fussed, gently smoothing out his dark hair.

“There are a few for him” Lionel commented as he sat back down next to her “But also a few for his mama” he added as he leant towards her, happily scooping Oscar out of her arms before he lifted him above his head, something which made the little boy erupt into soft giggles.

Camila watched the two of them for a second, a soft smile on her lips, before she turned her attention down towards the bag which Lionel had settled between them. Looking through it, she found the first present with Oscar’s name on it before she pulled it out, showing it off to Oscar who had settled happily into Lionel’s lap. “Shall we see what you’ve got here?” she cooed softly.

Oscar merely offered her a cheeky smile, something which made Lionel laugh. “I think that’s a yes” he teased.

Camila nodded in agreement before she lightly tore away the festive wrapping paper, revealing the little item of clothing which sat inside. Slipping it out of the paper, she unfolded it before she looked back up at Lionel, her warm smile matching his slightly shier one. “You already bought him a lot” he mused “And I know that you’ve put my name on a lot of them, but I kind of just...I guess I wanted to get him a few things that I’d picked out myself. I hope that you like them” he added bashfully.

Camila, who’d been gently messing with the ears which sat on top of the hood of the jumper she held in her hands, was quiet for a second before she lifted her eyes back towards Lionel, offering him a small smile. “It’s so cute” she fussed.

“Really?” Lionel spluttered.

Camila didn’t hesitate in nodding before she leant forwards, showing off the jumper to Oscar who squeaked and cooed happily.

Lionel watched the two of them for a second, a tender smile passing over his face, before he lifted his hand, cupping the back of Camila’s neck lightly before he carefully guided her towards him, allowing him to press a soft kiss against her lips. Camila stiffened for a fraction of second, surprised by the tender kiss, before she melted into it, kissing him back softly for a few seconds before he pulled away slightly, keeping their foreheads pressed together. “Merry Christmas, Mila” he mumbled, brushing a couple more feather light kisses against her lips.

Camila opened her eyes slowly, allowing them to stare into his for a few long seconds, before she smiled up at him. “Merry Christmas, Leo” she replied gently.

Lionel kept their forehead pressed together for a few moments before Oscar made a noise, something which caused him to breathe out a soft laugh before he pulled back, leaning down to press a kiss against the top of Oscar’s head. “How could we forget about you, eh?” he teased “Merry Christmas, Oscar” he added.

Camila marveled at the two of them, noting just how much she adored seeing the two of them together, before the sound of the doorbell filled the house, something which caused her to shake her head, an amused smile on her face. “My mother” she noted.

Lionel nodded. “You said she’d show up early” he quipped.

“I did” Camila agreed, looking through the bag of presents which still sat on the bed.

Lionel watched her, an amused expression passing over his face, before he shook his head. “I’ll go and let her in” he mused “You stay here for a few minutes, open a few more of those” he added as he moved to his feet, pulling a sweatshirt over his head.

Camila looked up at him. “Really?” she asked.

Lionel nodded. “They’re for you and him” he quipped “And I am sure that I can handle your mama for a few minutes” he added.

Camila offered him a slightly dubious look, something which made Lionel laugh before he stepped towards the bed, pressing a quick kiss against her lips. “Relax” he mused “I’ll be fine” he added before he stepped out of the room.

Camila watched him out of the room before she shook her head, smiling to herself as she wordlessly hoped that the rest of the day turned out as well as it had started.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)