I Know I Was for a While

64: If I Had To Guess

Gently pulling his tie loose, Lionel quietly stepped out of Oscar’s bedroom, gently pulling the door closed behind himself. It was slightly late, despite assuring Gerard that they’d only be gone for a couple of hours, they’d not gotten back until a little after eleven at night, and whilst the defender had assured him that Oscar had been asleep for hours, Lionel had opted to check in on him, looking for a couple of quiet seconds to himself. There was no denying that it had been a good night, after Lucille had dropped the news of her enquiry about the church on him and Camila, the three of them had relaxed into a comfortable and enjoyable evening, and whilst he had had a good time, he hadn’t quite been able to distract himself from Lucille’s offer, a little in awe of the idea that he and Camila could be married in a little over six months.

He knew that it was something they were going to have to talk about, with a couple of weeks having passed since he had proposed, he knew that it was only a matter of time before he and Camila started to discuss the details of their wedding day, but the idea that it could be so soon seemed a little overwhelming to him, even if he was sure that it was what he wanted. The idea that they could be, in only a few short months, married was something which awed him a little.

Pausing for a second, he made sure that the door didn’t make too much noise as he closed it before he stepped across the hall, quietly slipping into his own bedroom. Toeing off his shoes, he moved to stow them in the wardrobe before the sound of the bathroom door opening caught his ears, causing him to look up, his dark eyes watching as Camila stepped across the room. Quirking an amused grin, he watched her pull out one of his shirts before he shook his head, clearing his throat slightly.

Camila, who’d moved to pull the t-shirt over her head, jumped a little at the sound before she turned around, a slightly bashful smile lighting up her face. “I thought you were still checking on Oscar” she noted, shyly smoothing out the t-shirt slightly.

Lionel watched her for a moment before he shook his head, offering her a slightly crooked smile. “He’s still sleeping” he mused.

Camila nodded before she turned towards the mirror, neatly gathering her hair up into a loose ponytail. “Gerard said he didn’t stir after he put him to bed” she mused “He said he put up a bit of a fight when it came to going to bed, but other than that...” she trailed off.

Lionel merely nodded, watching her quietly for a couple of seconds before he stepped a little closer to her, happily settling his arms around her waist. Camila flinched, slightly caught off guard by the sudden embrace, before she relaxed into him slightly, closing her eyes happily. Leaning her weight against him, she allowed a few seconds of quiet to pass between them, before a scent reached her nose, something which caused her to grimace slightly, her stomach giving another unsettled turn. “What’s that smell?” she mumbled quietly.

Lionel, who’d started to press a scattering of soft kisses against the side of her neck, frowned slightly against her skin before he lifted his head. “What?” he mumbled.

“I can smell something” Camila replied, trying to swallow the hit of nausea that had washed over her.

Lionel frowned, sniffing the air cautiously, before he shook his head. “I can smell your perfume” he noted “And my aftershave, but I wear this all of the time. You bought it for me at Christmas” he added.

Camila closed her eyes, taking a couple of deep breaths, before she pulled out of Lionel’s arms, quickly making her way towards the bathroom. Lionel hesitated for a split second, surprised by just how suddenly she had pulled away from him, before he jogged after her, frowning softly at the sound of her throwing up. Hesitating in the doorway, he watched as Camila pulled away from the toilet before he stepped towards the sink, quickly dampening a flannel before he offered it out to her.

Camila, who’d huddled herself up against the side of the bath, eyed the flannel for a second before she gently took it out of his hand, dabbing it gently over her face. “Gracias” she mumbled quietly.

Lionel, who’d moved to settle down on the floor next to her, merely offered her a small smile, allowing for a few beats of silence to pass between the two of them before Lionel shook his head, his hand gently moving to take a hold of hers. “You Ok?” he asked gently.

Camila was quiet for a second, watching as he gently slipped his fingers through hers, before she turned to look up at him, her dark eyes mirroring his. “I’ve felt a little weird recently” she admitted quietly “I mean, a few times, I’ve smelled something, and it’s made my stomach turn, but that’s the first time I’ve thrown up” she explained.

Lionel quirked a small smile. “My aftershave is that bad?” he quipped, squeezing her hand gently.

Camila let out a small giggle before she shook her head, gently leaning it against his shoulder. “I don’t think it’s that” she mumbled.

“What do you think it is?” Lionel asked, resting his head against hers.

Camila, who’d started to mess with his fingers, hesitated for a split second before she gently turned her head, looking up at him. “I don’t know” she mused gently “But, if I had to guess, I’d suggest that we’re probably not going to be getting married in six months” she added, a coy smile pulling at the corner of her mouth.

Lionel frowned. “What?” he asked.

Camila smiled up at him, a little amused by the confusion which was etched across his face, before she gently reached her other hand up, lightly pushing her fingertips back through the longer strands of his dark hair. “Leo” she murmured softly “Mi amor, I think it’s possible that I could be...that we could be about to...I think maybe I’m pregnant” she breathed softly, her dark eyes searching his. It was just a suspicion, without taking a test, she couldn’t be certain, but the symptoms felt familiar to her. The last time she had felt that way was just before she’d taken the test which had informed her that she was expecting Oscar.

Lionel’s expression slackened as he blinked a couple of times, trying to process her words. “Huh?” he stumbled out.

Camila’s smile grew a fraction before she shook her head, diverting her stare back down towards their hands. “I’m not certain” she noted “The nausea...it’s only happened a couple of times, so it could still be something else but...I felt like this before” she added, messing with his fingers gently.

Lionel sat quietly for a moment, watching as she messed with his fingers, before he gently lifted her hand, pressing a soft kiss against the back of it. “We’ll have to do a test then” he mumbled quietly “Tomorrow?” he added, smiling a little against her skin.

Camila felt his smile against her skin before she nodded, a smile of her own illuminating her face. “Tomorrow” she agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)