I Know I Was for a While

08: You’ve Got Time

Quietly pushing the front door closed, Camila tilted her head back against, a tired yawn falling out of her mouth. It had been a long day, with Lucille keen to spend as much time with her as she could, they’d gone shopping for a couple of hours after they’d had lunch together, and whilst Camila knew that her mother meant well, she was more than glad to be back at Lionel’s home, more than looking forwards to a quieter and more relaxed evening

It had been a little quiet between the two of them, after Lucille had broached the subject of Camila potentially developing feelings for Lionel, the brunette hadn’t quite been able to shake the conversation from her mind, and it had left her a little distracted, trying to figure out what had given her mother the idea that there was anything more than friendship between the two of them. They’d always gotten on well, since they’d met a few years previous, they’d quickly become close, and whilst she couldn’t deny that there was a small part of her that was attracted to him, it wasn’t something she had ever given much thought to, mostly because she had quickly become smitten with Noah who she had met only a few months after she’d met Lionel.

Closing her eyes for a couple of seconds, she allowed another soft yawn to tumble out of her mouth before the sound of an amused laugh reached her ears, causing her to pick her head up slightly, settling her eyes on Lionel who stood a little away from her, grinning. “Long day?” he quipped impishly.

Camila simply rolled her eyes, something which caused Lionel to let out another laugh before he took a pace towards her, offering his hand out towards her. “I’ll take those” he noted, gesturing with his head towards the bags that she clutched in her hands “Why don’t you go and find somewhere to lay down for a while?” he added, his tone softening a little.

Camila smiled, not missing the shift in his voice, before she shook her head. “I will do in a bit” she mused “But first, I kind of want to show you something” she added before she stepped past him, making her way into the living room.

Lionel quirked an amused eyebrow as she walked past him before he trailed after her, following her into the living room. Pausing in the doorway, he watched her go through one of the shopping bags that she’d bought back with her, before she stood up again, showing off the piece of material which she held in her hands, something which made Lionel shake his head, a fond smile quickly spreading across his face. “Is that the first thing you’ve bought for baby?” he asked.

Camila smiled, nodding her head gently. “I’ve looked at a lot of things” she admitted “I mean, I am going to need to start getting things together pretty soon, but my madre insisted on getting something. It’s cute, no?” she fussed.

Lionel’s smile widened a little, not missing the warmth and excitement in her voice when she talked about the baby, before he nodded his head. “It’s adorable, Mila” he mused warmly.

Camila, who’d been staring at the tiny sleepsuit in her hands, grinned up at him sheepishly, allowing a beat of silence to pass between the two of them before she shook her head, her expression softening slightly. “It’s a start” she mused “But I’ve still got a lot to figure out. I mean, I’m still staying in your spare bedroom, Leo, I’ve barely made a dent in reading all of the pregnancy books I’ve bought or buying all the things a baby is going to need. I’m nowhere near being ready for this” she rambled.

Lionel looked at her for a second, quietly mulling over her words, before he gently lifted his hand, settling it against her elbow. “You’ve still got time, Mila” he mused, squeezing her arm softly “I mean, you’re right, there is a lot of things to be figured out, but you’ve still got a lot of time, Mila. It’s not like you need to have everything figured out tomorrow” he added, his voice warm and reassuring.

He wasn’t surprised that she was worried, with her pregnancy progressing quickly, he knew that there was likely to be moments where she found herself a little overwhelmed, but he wanted to reassure her that she had time to figure things out, and that she had people who would help out, even if they weren’t Noah. He wanted to reassure her that she’d get things figured out in the end.

Camila offered him a slightly dubious look, mulling his words over for a few seconds, before she shook her head. “You really think I can figure this out?” she mumbled.

Lionel didn’t hesitate in nodding, a familiar warm grin spreading across his lips. “Of course I do” he noted “And, if it comes to it, you could always stay here until you sort something else out. How hard could it be to build a crib anyway?” he quipped teasingly.

Camila laughed despite herself, something which made Lionel’s smile widen as he offered her elbow a light squeeze. “You’re going to be fine” he mused “I know you are. You’re pretty amazing, Mila” he added sincerely, his dark eyes mirroring hers.

Camila held his stare for a second, her dark eyes searching his, before she took a pace towards him, gently wrapping her arms around his neck.

Lionel, who’d not been expecting the hug, flinched a little at the feel of it before he slipped his arms around her waist, holding her close. Camila, who had her head tucked underneath his chin, smiled gently at the feel of his arms around her waist before she leant back slightly, her dark eyes peeking up into his. Chewing on her lip slightly, she allowed her eyes to search his face for a couple of seconds before she shook her head, a breathy laugh falling out of mouth.

Lionel tilted his head, a puzzled smile on his face. “What are you laughing at?” he quipped.

Camila shook her head. “It’s nothing” she quipped “Just something my mother said earlier. I thought she was pretty off the mark, but...” she trailed off, shaking her head again.

Lionel offered her a confused look, wordlessly asking her to elaborate, but Camila merely waved a hand. “It’s nothing” she quipped “I’m going to head upstairs for a while, take a nap. I’ll see you later?” she posed, taking a step away from him.

Lionel blinked a couple of times before he nodded, offering her another warm smile. “Of course” he mused “Have a good nap, Mila” he quipped as she stepped past him.

Camila smiled at him over her shoulder before she made her way towards the stairs, her mind still whirring the conversation that she and her mother had had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234, FootieJo and mslou1 for the comments :)