I Know I Was for a While

80: I Know The Look

Gently twisting a strand of hair around her fingertip, Camila quirked a sleepy smile, her dark eye settled on Lionel who stood across the room, cooing quietly to Sam who was laying in his crib, stirring gently. She knew that Lionel didn’t know that she was awake, since she had stirred a couple of minutes previous, he hadn’t even made an attempt to look back towards their bed, but a part of Camila was glad that he hadn’t noticed, more than happy to watch him with their little boy without him being aware of it. He tended to get shy, when he knew that she was looking at him, or smiling at him, he tended to get a little bashful and timid, and whilst Camila adored that about him, she also liked seeing him when he was relaxed and comfortable, something he appeared to be when he thought he was alone.

Lightly pushing her hair back behind her ear, she watched him quietly fuss over Sam for couple more moments before she gently cleared her throat, something which caused Lionel to visible jump before he lifted his head, sparing her a sheepish glance over his shoulder. “How long’ve you been awake?” he asked.

Camila, who’d moved to sit up against the headboard of the bed, shrugged. “A few minutes” she mused.

“You should have said something” Lionel mused “I’ve just got Sam to go back to sleep. If you’d said something, I’d have bought him over to say good morning” he added as he stepped towards the bed, plopping down on the side of it next to Camila.

Camila watched him sit down before she shook her head, her hand gently moving to take a hold of his so that she could mess with his fingers. “I’m sure he’ll be up again in a while” she mused softly “Did he wake you up?” she asked, peeking up at him through her eyelashes.

Lionel, who’d been looking down at their hands, quirked a small grin before he nodded. “He needed a nappy change” he mused “But, it’s Ok, I’ve not been awake long” he added, knowing exactly what her next question would be.

Camila rolled her eyes playfully. “I’m just making sure that you’re OK” she mused “I mean, you do have to go and play a match later” she added.

Lionel merely offered her a boyish smile, something which caused Camila to roll her eyes again, her other hand playfully pushing his shoulder. Lionel let out a soft laugh before he captured her hand, using it to gently pull her closer, encouraging her to sit in his lap.

Camila offered him a slightly curious look, but didn’t pull away, instead moving to wrap her arms around his neck, her fingertips lightly messing with his hair. “You do know that I’ve only just had a baby, right?” she mumbled playfully, offering him a crooked smile.

Lionel breathed out a soft laugh before he nodded. “I had noticed that” he quipped “I just...You’re going to be alright tonight, aren’t you?” he babbled.

Camila’s teasing smile softened before she moved one of her hands, pushing his dark hair back off of his forehead before she leant forwards, pressing a light kiss against his head. “We’ll be fine” she whispered gently.

“Mila...”

“My mother’s going to be here” Camila interrupted, cutting off his fussing “She’s already made plans to come by so that she can help me out with the boys, so you don’t have to worry. I’ve got it under control” she added, pressing a soft kiss against the side of his nose.

Lionel closed his eyes, enjoying the soft contact of her lips against his skin, before he leant his head forwards, resting it against hers. “The boys” he mumbled gently, disturbing the comfortable silence which hung between the two of them.

Camila, who’d started to mess with the hem of his t-shirt, offered him a curious smile. “Hm?” she asked.

Lionel shook his head, a sheepish laugh falling out of his mouth. “I’m being silly” he mumbled.

Camila smiled at him again, but didn’t say anything, something which caused Lionel to lean forwards, pressing a couple of light kiss against her lips. Camila startled, slightly caught off guard by the soft kisses, before she relaxed into them, kissing him back happily for a few seconds before the sound of Oscar’s voice slipped into her ears, causing her to pull away with a slightly wistful smile. “He’s going to want to breakfast” she mused.

Lionel nodded. “He is” he confirmed “I’ll go and...”

“I’ve got this one” Camila interrupted “You should get some more sleep. I know you said that you’ve not been awake long, but I know you, and I know the look you get on your face when you’re tired. You need some more sleep, Leo” she added, her voice flitting between playful and soft.

It hadn’t been long, after Sam had arrived, only a couple of days had passed, but in that time, Camila couldn’t quite recall a time that Lionel hadn’t jumped to his feet for either Sam or Oscar, and she wanted to encourage him to take a break, even if she found his fussing adorable. The look on his face was enough to tell her that he needed a break.

Lionel looked up at her, his dark eyes searching hers as he briefly contemplating arguing with her, before he nodded his head, offering her a small smile which quickly dissolved into a soft yawn, something which made Camila arch her eyebrow playfully. “You might not be wrong about that” he joked.

Camila offered him a pointed look, something which caused him to shake his head, a soft sigh tumbling out of his mouth. “Alright” he noted “You’re right. I could use some more sleep” he added.

Camila merely nodded, something which caused Lionel to lean up, cupping her cheek before he pulled her into another soft kiss. “I’ll try and get some” he mumbled as he pulled away “But if you need me...” he trailed off as Camila leant back into him, kissing him again.

Letting out a quiet laugh, he smiled warmly against her lips before she pulled away, carefully moving back to her feet. “Dulces sueños, Leo” she mused as she stepped across the room, collecting her dressing gown.

Lionel merely offered her a goofy smile, something which made Camila shake her head before she stepped back towards him, kissing him gently once more before she leant back. “I love you, you dork” she mumbled gently before she padded out of the room, leaving Lionel smiling to himself for a few seconds before he shuffled back towards his pillow. Laying his head down, he stared up at the ceiling for a few seconds before he gently shook his head, not able to stifle his smile as he thought about how much things had changed between him and Camila.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)