Status: Posting when I can ~ Would love to have some feedback! :D

Of a Different Breed

Chapter Five

Olivia just shook her head, refusing to meet Remus' gaze. "I'm not ready to tell you that yet."

Remus scowled, noticing her fidgeting with her cloak sleeve was growing significantly worse. It seemed it was a bit of a nervous habit, but he couldn't tell if she was completely aware of it at this point or not. "I'm not sending you home, Olive. I just need to know what kind of risk we're all in or what we may have to deal with if you stay here. Please, just try-"

"Why can't you just trust me!" She cried out suddenly. It seemed she had taken the defensive once more. "I'm not a spy, I'm not trying to do anything to either of you! Once you know, you'll send me back home though!"

Mentally, he was kicking himself. All it took was one wrong question for him to undo all the progress he had made with her. "Try and understand things from my point of view, Olive. Sirius could go back to Azkaban. I could go with him for not turning him in. We have to be careful. We make a single mistake and we won't have the ability to even begin to try to clear his name."

"But I can clear it! You just have to trust me-"

"No," he said firmly, cutting her off. "You need to listen to me."

Olivia's body instantly went rigid and even her hands stilled. "No?"

"I want to protect you, but you have to be willing to work with me, not against me."

Her composure shifted as she slowly lifted her gaze. "No. I'll leave then."

Confusion and then shock washed over him as she stood, the blanket falling off her and to the ground. She couldn't be serious. She was terrified enough of the boggart turning into Greyback, there was no telling what he would do to her if he caught her again. "Sit. Let's talk about this like rational adults-"

"No." Her voice was firm. She met his gaze with her familiar brown eyes and they seemed to strike him to his very core. They held so much anger, hostility, so much power that he hadn't seen before, they hardly seemed like they belonged to her. All he could do was watch as she apparted away with a loud pop.

"Well, that was your first mistake-assuming a child would behave like a rational adult," Sirius scoffed from the doorway to the foyer.

Remus glared up at him, anger bubbling up inside of his chest. "Don't even start with me! You have no idea what happened today, Sirius! No idea! I think she's in serious trouble!"

"Then she shouldn't have left, should she?"

He jumped to his feet. "Don't you fucking dare start with me!"

Sirius groaned as he strolled into the living room. "And what are you going to do? She apparated. She got through our wards and apparated out of the house. She could be halfway across the globe by now if that's what she wanted. She's the bloody BellaSera."

He reached a hand up and rubbed his temple as he thought about the situation. She had her magic again-Sirius was right in the fact that she could be absolutely anywhere and Remus didn't know where he would even begin to look for her. "Then we adjust the wards on the house so she can get through if she attempts to come back."

"No. She got out so I'm sure her magic can get her back in. Besides, she's out of our hair now. We can't risk lowering our defenses, risk our safety, or some brat who ran away."

"Sirius, make it easy for her to get back here or so help me I'll leave and you can figure out this mess all alone once more!" He shouted furiously, trying to keep his anger reigned in but his worry over Olivia was just giving it fire.

Sirius shook his head but didn't argue with his friend anymore. "Fine. Be careful Moony. I can't lose another friend because you've got a heart of gold and its set on helping those who don't deserve it."

He just nodded as he went to the foyer, slipped into his cloak, and walked out the front door. Nothing was going to stop him from searching for the girl.

A week had passed since Olivia's dramatic exit. She knew she had overreacted with a show worse than what even she usually put on, but she couldn't help it. Something inside of her just snapped and every bone in her body told her to leave Grimmuald Place right then, even if Remus had suddenly dropped everything and decided to stop pushing her for answers. After spending seven nights alone, hoping between different inns, she found herself wishing that night had gone differently. Part of her was considering apparating back and begging the compassionate werewolf for forgiveness, but the other part of her knew she wouldn't be welcomed back unless she was willing to explain some, if not all, of what Remus wanted to know.

On the seventh day, she sat in a muggle pub in Ireland. She was thinking over her glass of gin and tonic, fidgeting with the sleeves of her light sweater when three men strolled in. They were wearing the tackiest combination of muggle clothes she had witnessed in the past few days, making it glaringly obvious that they were wizards. After glancing over her and confirming that she didn't recognize any of them, she rolled her eyes. Wizards were always so bad at trying to blend in among muggles.

"So, where's your money at?" One of them laughed as they each took a seat at the bar.

Olivia couldn't help but to listen in; she had nothing better to do other than plan where she was going to run off next, and hearing a group of people speaking English once more was comforting. "Bulgaria," one of the men responded with a burly roar of a laugh. "They've got that Viktor Krum. Youngest professional seeker of the century."

"Yeah, but don't underestimate the Irish. We are in their country after all, my friend."

"Oh, come on Cain. You can't be serious right now? Dunbar's right. Bulgaria's had this match in the bag since the World Cup began this year. Mark my words-Krum'll get the snitch."

Olivia couldn't stop herself from chuckling.

"Oi! What do you think is so funny, muggle?"

She raised an eyebrow as she glanced over to the three wizards now studying her. "The Irish could still win even if Krum catches the snitch. The snitch just ends the game." She didn't recognize the name Viktor Krum, but she knew enough about Quidditch to prove she wasn't a muggle.

"Aye, she's no muggle," the man named Cain roared, grinning from ear to ear. They clearly had already made a successful day of day-drinking.

His companions broke out in laughter once more before Dunbar turned to her. "So, going to go watch the World Cup?"

"Where is it?"

"Dartmoor, the moor in Devonshire. Its number 422, I wouldn't miss it little lady."

She smirked a little. A quidditch match could be risky-there was a strong chance her adoptive father would make an appearance since it was being held in England, but it could be fun. It would serve as a distraction from her situation at hand, and even aside from that, she hadn't had the opportunity to watch a live match before. Reading about a game and seeing it unfold before you were two entirely different experiences. "I might see if I can make it."

Even after Olivia had paid her tab and left the pub, the idea of going to the World Cup in Dartmoor was sounding better by each passing moment. As she walked through a quiet alleyway, she gathered her energy and apparated out to the moor. Things were already in full swing. She summoned her white cloak, put her hood up, and walked with the people towards the stadium. There was so much laughter, song, and just plain joy that filled the air, it made her heart swell. Families were out together, having a good time along with friends young and old. Glasses clinked in hand as people yelled happily, calling out toasts and placing their bets. Once Olivia snuck and charmed her way into the stadium, she found herself staring out at a sea of green and red. Just watching everyone else carry on and enjoy themselves put her into a good spirit. Even once the match started and she was seating up in the nose bleeds, she found herself fascinated with people watching and let the game slip away from her.

It didn't take long for Olivia to understand why the men at the bar spoke so highly of the Bulgarian seeker, Viktor Krum. He alone was enough to draw and hold her attention-he glided through the air on his broom as if he had been born in the sky, trusting the air far more than he trusted the ground. His team didn't have to worry about him either. They each kept their focus on the goals of the roles they had been set to play, knowing their seeker was hyper aware of every little thing going on around him. There was clearly no doubt in any of their minds that Viktor Krum would look out for himself as he scoured the skies for his little golden target. Watching him alone made time around Olivia seem to slow down as in reality it passed her by and allowed the Irish to take a strong lead. By the time Krum's fingers enclosed around the snitch, the Irish had won 170 points to 160.

Olivia was mesmerized by the entire event but slipped out quickly. She hadn't seen her father, but she had definitely heard him before the match had started. She knew now that the match was over, it would be rather easy for him to track her down in her unique, white cloak. She managed to get ahead of most of the crowding, but outside the stadium, parties were springing up in and around the tents as things grew darker. It seemed that no one was willing to let the magical evening die down just yet.

As she walked, she received an invitation or two for a drink or to at least join the celebrations, but she quickly turned each one down. Strangers weren't Olivia's strong suit, and mingling with an entire group of unfamiliar people felt more like a nightmare than fun. Even if she had thought there was a chance that she would have a pleasant time, she knew she needed to find a new safe place to spend the evening and start to settle down. While she doubted Greyback would recognize her or even dare to show his face at such a heavily populated event with decent Ministry security, it wouldn't have been difficult for him to blend in with the crowds and catch her by surprise. The excitement of it all was really starting to wear off and the fear and caution were starting to overtake her.

As she weaved around people, trying to get of to a secluded part of the moor to apparate away, the emotions in the air changed sharply. People started screaming, bolting past her and knocking into her with zero hesitation as they ran. She sharply turned around to lash out at someone who had nearly shoved her down but froze in shock. Tents were going up in flames. A muggle family was being tortured and tossed up into the sky like a bunch of rag dolls. A crowd of wizards in dark cloaks and silver masks were marching through the chaos, their wands drawn, daring anyone to challenge them. Olivia didn't have to see their faces to know they were reveling in the pain they were causing-she could feel their amusement and excitement growing as a new voice cried out.

While taking in the scene before her, a set of strong hands grabbed her from behind as an unfamiliar scent washed over her. "Well, can't say that I expected to see you here," a voice breathed into her ear, sending chills down her spine. It wasn't Greyback, she knew that much for sure, but her gut told her the person standing behind her wasn't a friend or an ally.

Olivia quickly tried to free herself from the man's grip but he just tightened his hold on her before knocking her legs out from under her, dragging her back towards a thin line of trees. She wasn't going to give up so easily though. Every step he made, she fought him feverishly, squirming about and trying to dig her heels into the ground. When he finally let go of her, her back hit the ground and all she could see was the cover of thinly veiled trees.

"Who the hell are you?!" She shouted furiously as she tried to pick herself up but he shoved her forward, laughing as her chin scrapped across brambles. She groaned aloud, pain and fear starting to overwhelm her.

The young man walked in front of her, his deranged eyes glued above them both with a cruel smile plastered to his face. "Oh, he's going to be thrilled to know I've found you, BellaSera. It'll be such a nice gift for his return."

She spat at his feet before glaring up at him. "I'll kill you before I let you drag me back to Greyback."

"Greyback?" He asked, breaking out in laughter once more. "Oh no. I don't mean that disgusting creature. This ring a bell?" The man sneered before raising his wand to the sky, yelling a spell she didn't recognize.

Olivia's entire body started aching as a green skull was blasted into the sky. She watched in horror as a snake fell out of its mouth, unaware as a boy ran up and the man slipped away. She quickly looked over to the boy, hearing him and sharing his fear for just a moment before a group of people suddenly surrounded them. Thinking fast and seeing wands raised in a circle towards them, she apparted herself away, not before meeting the surprised eyes of the minister of magic.