Sequel: Welcome to the Family
Status: FINISHED! Thank you everyone!

Vengeance Is Mine

Zack Baker Who?

(Zephyr's POV)

Before I knew it time had flown by and it had been a total of a week since I had last talked to Zack. I stayed with Val and Michelle all the time being, but it was really awkward. Whenever they had Matt or Brian over, I'd always have to make myself scarce. I guess that was the downfall of being one of the single ones in our group. Don't get me wrong, I still saw Zack and everything at school and at band practice, but nothing was said between us, so that was the really awkward thing. He obviously did end it with Zoey too. Because since the return to school they didn't talk, they didn't even go within two feet of each other, so ultimately that explained the death glares and threatening text messages she sent me throughout the entire day. But I didn't care though, I didn't even acknowledge her or his presence at all.

Jimmy had tried to cheer me up by taking me to see a movie and out to the beach, but it was only a friendly gesture. I wasn't interested in him that way and I made myself clear, like always. We were literally only two weeks away from Thanksgiving break and I was dreading every day that passed. I had no family to go to or with, Val and Michelle were going out of town as were the others except for Zack and Matt, but I was no way in hell going to go to Zack's. And Matt's family was great and I loved them, but their extended family was never too keen on me. They always thought that I was trying to take Val's place or something, so I always strayed away whenever they had family over for the holidays and such.

It was a cool Wednesday morning and I was in the middle of my history test when I saw an aide from the front office come inside my class. They handed the teacher a blue slip and I chewed desperately at my nails that it wasn't for me. Of course it was. "Zephyr, report to the front office. Take your stuff." Was all my teacher said before handing me the small piece of paper as I strolled by him and handed in my unfinished test. I looked it over once I left, noticing the sloppy handwriting. It was Zack, I know it was, because I'd recognize it from anywhere. I looked between the door and the hallway, I wasn't exactly in the mood to go back but I also wasn't in the mood to deal with him either.

Deciding against my better judgement, I still exited the corridor and walked through the middle quad until I almost reached the office, suddenly seeing Zack's face soon come into view. Told you it was him. When I finally made it, I simply crinkled the slip in my hand and tossed it at him before I turned around and started on the other way. "Zephyr, wait up, please!" He followed quickly after me, grabbing onto my hand in the process which I yanked away forcefully. "What? What the hell do you want?" I turned so I was facing him now. He had a black eye, something that wasn't there before. My initial reaction was to be concerned and immediately demand who had done it to him, but instead, I decided to play it off as if I didn't really care. "Nice one, what did you do? Run into a wall?" He scoffed under his breath before rolling his eyes at me. "No. Your sister's friend Ryan did."

I instantly felt guilty that now Zoey was seeking revenge against him instead of me, but I also felt as if he deserved it too. "Well, you shouldn't have been playing us both then, am I right? I told you, it was only a matter of time before all this caught up with you. You clearly haven't grown up enough yet, you should have expected that one." Again he rolled his eyes at me before taking a hold of my hand once more. I pulled it away, smacking his. "Stop it, seriously. I don't even know who you are anymore. I've been ignoring you for a reason and I still intend to, you're ridiculous. You think you're this big time player, when really, you're not. Your a cocky asshole who thinks he's gaining credit by two timing twin sisters. I could have expected that from someone else, but not you, Zee." As he was about to answer, the bell rang loudly overhead, signalling it was time for break. I quickly broke away as I saw Val and the others starting to head towards us.

Of course Zack was following close behind me, no matter how hard I tried to shake him. "Hey guys. Sorry, I can't seem to get rid of pest problem." I snickered as I pointed over my shoulder towards where Zack was standing. "Real funny, can you stop being like this? It's been a week already, I think I've suffered enough." But despite his many protests, I still ignored him, as did Val, Michelle, Brian, Jimmy, and even Matt, though only for a moment. "I don't know dude, I can't really blame them on this one. You did fuck up pretty bad." Zack now groaned in frustration as he was obviously not feeling welcomed by his own group of friends and band mates. "This is so stupid, you're all acting like such babies! Whatever!" He threw his hands up in defeat before stomping away in a rage.

I looked at Val who just smiled wickedly. "How did he get that black eye?" Matt asked curiously once Zack was finally out of earshot. I shrugged, a bit hesitant to tell them. "He said that Zoey's friend did it to him for playing her." They all laughed now, not even feeling the least bit sorry, besides Michelle. "Oh stop it you guys, he's clearly really sorry. You have to talk to him Zeph, he's obviously crazy for you, he won't stop until he's fixed all this." I snorted loudly, shaking my head in disbelief. I love him, he broke my heart. I've waited years for him, he played me. Now it was my turn for some type of closure. "I'm serious! You're all acting so childish, he made a mistake, get over it." I glared at her now before looking at Val with pleading eyes. "Stop it Chelle, you can't put an input on this." Brian then interjected as well, sounding jealous.

"Why are you defending him so much, Chelle? You like him now too or something? I've seen the way you look at him sometimes, is that it?" The whole table went silent now as the two started to go at it and argue loudly in front of everyone who was within range. "It's not my fault that Zephyr's stupid enough to think that she's actually going to end up with him!" At that point I took it as my cue to walk away. "Zephyr! Wait up!" Soon after as the tears had started, everyone excluding Brian and Michelle came running after me. I tried to get away, but it was useless. "Don't listen to them, whatever happened between you and Zack, has nothing to do with anyone else." I wiped at my eyes roughly, trying to make the tears stop. "Zack Baker, who? I have no idea who the fuck that is anymore."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you everyone for the feedback and patience as well as the continued support! I'm so glad everyone is enjoying this! It's not over yet! Love you all! xo