Sequel: Welcome to the Family
Status: FINISHED! Thank you everyone!

Vengeance Is Mine

Hold On For One More Day

(Zephyr's POV)

Oddly enough, as I was about to let go and fall to my ultimate impending doom, I felt a pair of strong arms suddenly yank me back inside the window, tackling me onto the ground. I tried to fight off whoever it was, begging for them to just let me die and to get the fuck off of me. But when my eyes were met with the gorgeous green orbs that had stole my heart so many years ago, I just couldn't resist any longer. "How the fuck do you keep finding me?!" I sobbed loudly into his chest as he held me tightly against him. "It doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that I'm here. What the fuck were you trying to do, Zephyr? Leave me for good? Your friends, family, everyone is so worried about you. Lets go home, please. This is not the fucking place for you to be. Your place is back in Huntington."

I shoved him off of me, suddenly feeling more angry than I was sad. No one gave a shit about me, especially my family. No one ever really cares about you until you're dead. Just look at what happened with my Dad. No one cared or made an effort to care until he was put six feet under the ground. I shook violently as I distanced myself more from Zack, keeping my back to him. He reached out a hand, leaving it there on my shoulder. "Please, Zeph. Just come home with me, lets get away from here. I don't want to come back empty handed, I promised everyone that I would find you." I sniffled greatly, still not saying a single word to him. There was just too much to say, really. And I was almost positive that he wouldn't understand any of it.

"No, Zack. I don't want to go back. Not now, not ever. I'm not needed there, I have no purpose there. My friends, family, no one cares. Especially you; you only cared because I was on the brink of death. That's the only reason why you're here, isn't it? To keep me alive and miserable?" He shook his head with a sad, defeating look in his eyes. "That's not the reason why I'm here at all. And it really hurts that you would even think to say that. I'm here because I love you, because you're needed, because you're my best friend. I couldn't live without you, Zephyr. I know things are all fucked up right now, I know they're not the best, but they will get better. I promise they will, you just have to be here to wait and see. I mean it, I love you with all of my heart. I want you, I need you. Please, just come home with me. This will all change, I swear it will. Just give me a chance."

He kept his hand tightly gripped onto my shoulder now as I finally turned to face him. His eyes were still that vibrant green that I had grown to love so much, only this time they were bloodshot and irritated from crying so much. "Take me home then, Zack. Before I change my mind and throw both of us out of the damn window."

(Zack's POV)

As Zephyr and I managed to wander our way through the disaster of place called a building, which for reasons as plain as day could see why it was condemned and being torn down, the thick smog and hazy sunshine beat down on us, causing Zephyr to flinch some. "You need the sunlight, it's good for you." I joked, wrapping my arm around her shoulder and pulling her closer into my side. She sighed deeply before rolling her eyes slightly at me. "Shut up. I'm a vampire, I hate the sun." I laughed as I opened the passenger side door of my car for her, breathing a small sigh of relief once she was safely inside. It really was just a lucky guess that I had found her. Well, that and I had a couple friends of mine following her the entire time.

Once we started on the drive back to Huntington, I wanted to be sure that everyone would keep cool about Zephyr coming back home with me. I knew they were all worried, scared and anxious, but the important thing was that they all still treated her the same and act as if nothing as ever happened. Except with Johnny, I made sure that Matt and Jimmy kept him far away from her as possible, seeing as some of this was partially his fault for trying to make her look like a homewrecker. I glanced over every so often, seeing that she had fallen fast asleep beside me. I kept my hand rested on top of hers, making sure that she knew she wasn't alone and I was going to be there the entire time.

When we finally did pull into my parent's driveway about an hour or so later, we were instantly greeted by the entire group. "Oh my God, Zeph!" Val practically screamed with tears pouring down her face as she jumped into Zephyr's arms. "Don't you ever do anything like that again, do you here me? I can't be left alone here with these idiots. I may love them, but I need my bestie." Zephyr didn't say much, instead she just greeted everyone with a hug and a couple words before asking if she could be excused to go inside and take a very much needed hot shower. I stayed around outside with everyone to fill them all in on what exactly was going to happen next. "I promise I'm not going to make things worse or hurt her. You guys have my word or else I'll let each of you take a turn punching me."

Everyone snickered before returning back to serious. "She literally was going to fall to her death. I think maybe she should go into therapy or something, maybe there's something else going on that we don't know about." Michelle offered, making me shake my head. Zephyr has never opened up to anyone willingly, especially a damn stranger, so the thought of even making her do something like that was just too much. "That's why we're here, to help her cope and deal with whatever it is bothering her. Besides, she would never open up to anyone like that, especially someone who would just think she's crazy and try to drug her up with tons of pills. Aside from this being because of what her mom caused, I think she just needs a good few days of rest. School will help keep her busy too."

But regardless of what we all thought, the end result would be completely up to Zephyr. We couldn't force her to do anything she didn't want to and wouldn't force her even if we felt it was in her best interest. "I just hope Zack doesn't fuck it up between now and then. You better not cause her anymore heartbreak, dude. Or else I'll fucking kill you myself."
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it's taken so long, everyone. I have been grieving and dealing with the loss of my sister for the last month, I lost her to suicide so it hasn't been easy for me to write. I hope you all understand, I'm sorry if this isn't the best. Love you all xo