Sequel: Welcome to the Family
Status: FINISHED! Thank you everyone!

Vengeance Is Mine

I Don't Need Help

(Zephyr's POV)

The next few days were hazy and mostly a blur. I stayed locked away in Zack's room for the remainder of the weekend until finally Monday morning rolled around and it was time for school. "If you don't feel up to going, you don't have to." He tells me as I slowly crawl out from under the warm covers beside him and stretch my arms out wide. "I know I don't have to but I genuinely want to. I think it'll be good for me to stay busy again. Besides, I have you this time to help me." He smiles up at me before shaking his head and reaching out his hand, placing it on top of mine. "Yeah, you do. For keeps this time, no more bullshit." After the last two days of total isolation, Zack and I finally had the chance to work out all of our issues with each other. He ended it with Zoey completely and went with me to get all of my things out of that house. We talked for hours on end and ultimately shared the greatest kiss of my life, sealing the deal completely. I was his and he was mine, for reals this time. No more games, no more lies.

I knew that everyone in our group was deathly worried about me, especially since I had tried to kill myself only three days ago but I honestly didn't feel so bad anymore. I just needed help getting pulled back down to reality and Zack was that help. He kept me grounded and he didn't let anything get to me that tried to hurt me. I truly believed that there wasn't anything that could bring me down anymore, I was untouchable. "Well if you want to get some breakfast before we go, I suggest we hurry up and get ready." I nod with a smirk before heading off into the bathroom with my outfit in hand. I was determined to change things up today. It wasn't going to be the same anymore, not after everything that had happened. No one was going to recognize me and that was going to be so great. I had dyed my hair a bright purple while Zack had dyed his bangs to match me and I had gotten snakebite piercings to match his. We looked like twins and I had absolutely loved it.

Finally after a good twenty minutes, we both reemerged from the bathroom and bedroom looking at one another with wide eyes. "Jesus, you look fucking gorgeous, like always." I blush some at his comment before swatting his hand playfully. "Oh shut up. Come on, lets get this day rolling. I can't wait to see how Val and the others react." He just grins wickedly at me before slamming his bedroom door and practically running downstairs, leaving me to trail behind him. "My, you two look awfully drastic this morning. Off to school?" Zack's mom comments as we reach the kitchen. We both nod while he gives his mom a swift kiss on the cheek and I give her light hug before we head out of the front door. "See you later Mrs.Baker!" I exclaim before it closes and then climb into Zack's car. "Are you sure you're ready for this?" He asks once we start to back out of the driveway. I drew in a quick breath, sighing deeply. "As ready as I'll ever be. Let's just get this show on the road already."

Once we pull into the school parking lot, immediately I can feel everyone's eyes on me and Zack. Just exactly what I wanted to happen, honestly. "Don't pay any attention to them, lets just go find the others." I just shake my head in agreement before Zack takes a hold of my hand tightly in his while we walk through the corridors towards the middle quad where the gang was waiting for us. When we reach them, it really isn't any better. "Oh my God! Zephyr?! Zacky?! Is that you guys?!" Val instantly runs up to us, giving me a hug first before gawking wide eyed at our matching appearances. "Jesus, you two look like twins." Then comes Matt's comment as he soon joins in suit with Val. "What the hell happened over the weekend? A complete makeover?" I simply shrug, pressing my lips together. There really wasn't much to say about it, it just kinda needed to happen. "Well I think you two look adorable. I wish Matt would bleach his hair to match me." Val retorts with a whine as she glances over at him, making him throw his hands up in defense. "Never gonna happen babe."

Before anyone else can make more fuss over our new looks, the seven of us are instantly greeted by the assistant principle and the school counselor. "Glad to see you're back, Miss King. Needed a dramatic change I see?" He notes, pointing at my hair and piercings. I can feel Zack's grip tightening around my hand as the tension is beginning to rise quickly. "Is there something else that we can help you with? Cause if not, we need to be going to class now." Zack speaks up finally, his voice slightly deeper and more threatening. "No, not you Mr. Baker. But you, Zephyr, are still needed. Mrs. Vance needs to see you immediately in her office before you can go to class. Move along you all, you'll see your little friend later." I quickly narrow my eyes at him and mutter a few obscene curse words under my breath, suddenly feeling like I was going to be roped in to an interrogation. "Go on Zeph, it's okay babe. I'll be waiting for you in the library." Zack reassures me before letting go of my hand and watching me be lead away to the school administration office to talk about who the fuck knows what.

(Zack's POV)

Watching Zephyr get taken in to the office and not being able to do much about it was making my blood start to boil hot. I had fucked up, multiple times, more than I'd like to admit truthfully, but this time was different. I wanted to absolutely make everything right between us and finally be with her the way that we both wanted it to be. "Come on Zee, she'll be alright. I'm sure it's nothing to even worry about." Brian tries his best to ease my nerves as we begin to walk in the opposite direction towards the library. Thankfully our first period was study hall so we didn't have to do much besides read for the next hour but it still was going to eat away at my thoughts the entire time. "So when did you two make this all official? You're not just pulling this shit again, are you?" Matt warns sternly as we take our seats in the far back table. I shake my head vigorously, growling lowly. "No, I swear for fucks sake I'm not gonna fuck it up this time. You guys don't have anything to worry about." He quickly raises his hand up in defeat, signaling that he believed me. "I'm just saying, she's been through enough shit." I groan inwardly. As if I didn't know all that already, captain obvious.

But of course before I'm able to say anything else, it's Val's turn to chime in as well. Except she was on my side this time and I was more than grateful for it. "I think it's great that you two finally worked everything out. She needs you Zee, it's plain as day to see. Has anyone seen Chelle though? I didn't see her come into class with us." I turn my head towards Brian who only shrugs in response, finally noticing that the seat beside him was empty. "I swear she was right behind us coming in. I wonder where the hell she went off to." Immediately my mind wanders off to Zephyr. Michelle was eager to get Zephyr into some type of therapy or counseling sessions because she truly thought that she was in danger of hurting herself again. But I couldn't think like that, I had to try and remain positive that maybe she just went off to the bathroom or something. "Mr. Baker, Sanders, Haner and Miss Valary. Can you four please quiet down? This is a library, not a social gathering." Our teacher instructs us with a slight glare on her face. We all shut up instantly, not wanting to get in any more trouble than we normally do on our first day back to class.

Every few minutes my gaze shifts up to the clock, seeing the time ticking by slowly as ever until the fucking bell finally rings loudly, signaling it's time to go to second. I practically run out of the doors and being searching for any signs of Zephyr. Nothing. "Dude, you're going to have a damn heart attack worrying so damn much. I'm sure everything is fine. You know how schools are, they're nosy about fucking everything." Before I have a chance to reply to Matt's comment, I could see a very pissed off looking Michelle heading straight towards us out of the corner of my eye. I knew something was up. "What the fuck is wrong with her?! I swear to God, I don't even know who the fuck she is anymore!" Shes screaming and ranting, her face turning bright red as she catches up to us. Brian tries his best to calm her down but it doesn't work, it only makes her even madder. "Get the fuck away from me. You know I hate being touched when I'm angry. And you! This is all your fault!" She begins screaming at me, making me flinch suddenly. "Me? What the fuck are you talking about?!"

(Zephyr's POV)

"I don't need any help and I don't need anyone to talk to, thank you for your concern. I don't live at my house any longer and I am in the process of becoming emancipated. Besides, I turn 18 in three months. Then it won't matter any longer and there's nothing you can do about it. And as for Michelle, I don't need anyone pretending to be the 'concerned but anonymous' person you're referring to. I know it was her, now kindly give me my slip to class before I fucking just leave. I'm not crazy and I don't need to seek a fucking professional. Do your damn job and worry about my education, not my fucking personal problems." I'm livid, seething, and on the verge of a rampage as the counselor, Mrs. Vance, finally leaves her office to get my permission slip to leave back to my next class. I apparently had been reported by a very 'concerned yet wanting to remain anonymous' friend. And I knew exactly who the fuck that very friend could be. I had heard her talking with the others when I started to head inside the house. She thought I should talk to a shrink, she thought I was crazy.

In a matter of seconds she's handing me my slip, still insisting that I come back tomorrow during lunch to talk with her. "Mrs. Vance, leave me the fuck alone." I breath harshly before turning on my heels and slamming her office door shut. When I finally make it out into the hallway, I could see the guys standing around near the lunch tables while Val was in the process of trying to yank Michelle away from screaming in Zack's face. Oh hell no. "What the fuck is your deal, Chelle? How the fuck could you rat me out to the administration like that? You had no fucking right! I thought you were my best friend!" I barge in suddenly, shoving her back roughly into Val. "How could I? How the fuck could I not!?! You need help, Zephyr! And if these ones are too blind or don't care, then I'll be the one to step up and do it! You need help! You're a danger!" Before I'm able to control myself any longer, I pull back my arm into a tight fist and slam it directly into her mouth, colliding with her jaw.

Once again, all hell has broken loose and I'm caught right in the fucking middle of it all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your continued support and patience with this story! I hope you're still enjoying, theres at least still a good 5 or 6 chapters left until the end! I love you all, thank you for everything xx