Sequel: Welcome to the Family
Status: FINISHED! Thank you everyone!

Vengeance Is Mine

Everyday Is Halloween

(Zephyr's POV)

The following night was finally here, the costume gig the guys were playing tonight. Was I nervous? Of course not. Was I irritated because my sister was going and dressing like a whore? Of course I was. It truly was an embarrassment even just having to say she was related to me. "I can't wait until the Halloween dance Monday night. I'm finally going to sleep with Zack." I almost choked on the cereal I was eating as I cautiously eavesdropped on Zoey's phone conversation with God knows who. She hasn't slept with him yet? What the hell is she waiting for? Better yet, I'm glad she hasn't. I definitely don't want my best friend catching some type of disease from her. We're talking about the school whore here. The whole football team has been up inside her, so he's not missing anything special, trust me on that one. "No, I'm going to some stupid show Zack's and his friends are playing with my sister in an hour or so. Ha! Yeah she's probably going as herself, she doesn't need a costume." I grumbled under my breath before getting up from my spot at the kitchen table and putting my dish away in the sink.

I casually shoved past my sister as she stood in the doorway to make my way back upstairs into my room. I peeked into my moms room on the way, seeing she was reading a book. I decided to pop in for a brief minute until it was time to go and meet up with everyone at the park to head over to the club. "Hey mom, what are you reading?" I asked with a small smile as I sat down at the foot of her bed. She glanced up from it at me and sighed. "The Raven. Where are you headed out tonight again, Zeph?" I handed her the flyer Val had given me. She scanned over it quickly then passed it back over to me. "Ahh, Zack's band huh? That boy always was something special. I know you're still upset about him and Zoey but believe me, your time will come." I shook my head with a light laugh. Yeah, everyone had said that to me since I was 8 years old, I don't think my time is coming any sooner. "Yeah well I'll see you later mom, me and Zoey will be home by ten. Goodnight." I leaned over and placed a kiss on her forehead as I got up and made a beeline back to my room.

Looking myself over in the mirror, I added the final touches to my make up. I was going as a zombie, because who doesn't love the undead, am I right? While as I have said already before Zoey was going dressed as a Playboy Bunny, but in reality she just looked like she was going in lingerie with bunny ears. I finished up with my blood affect before texting Val that we were going to be on our way over to the park. She said her and the rest of the girls were waiting for us already. I closed my door softly making sure to lock it behind me before I waltzed into Zoey's room. "Are you ready to go yet? Everyone's waiting for us." She pretended not to hear me as she applied a thick coat of red lipstick for the fifth time this night. I rolled my eyes slightly as I turned on my heels and walked downstairs towards the front door. "Hurry up, Zoe! I don't want to be late!" I now groaned angrily as she took her time strolling down the small steps and finally out the door. "Sorry, beauty is patience."

I didn't say another word to her as I hurried down the narrow dark streets, picking up my pace at each corner I rounded. "Do you mind? I'm in heels for God's sake!" I completely ignored her complaining and only slowed down some once I reached the entrance to the park. "Ugh why do we always have to meet at this place? It's gross and full of bugs." Again I rolled my eyes but smiled wide when I saw the girls come into view. I ran up to hug each of them, admiring all of their costumes. Val and Michelle were Thing 1 and Thing 2 while Johnny's girlfriend Lacey was Belle from Beauty and the Beast. They all stayed partially silent as Zoey appeared beside me, swatting away the small bugs that flew past her face. I tried my hardest to not laugh but it was too easy. "Can we go now? My boyfriend is waiting for me." She pouted as she still tried to keep the bugs away from her. We all nodded, obviously annoyed of Zoey's presence already. It was super embarrassing, honestly.

We all stayed in step aside from my sister who kept her face glued to her phone as we walked through the park and out to the beginning of Main Street. The small venue the guys were playing at was only a couple of blocks, so we would be there right on time. "Can't we like, lose her and say she got kidnapped or something?" Michelle suggested quietly with a sigh as we kept walking. I snorted loudly, clapping her on the back. "I couldn't get that lucky, Chelle. She'd call 911 just for being lost in the damn mall." We all laughed now, seeing Zoey clearly not paying attention to anything we were saying. Thank God for that. "Look, there's Jimmy waiting for us!" Val pointed out, seeing the tall drummer come into view as he stood outside the front of the club. He handed us all our wristbands before hurrying us up inside. "Hey Zeph, nice costume." I smiled, giving him a small kiss on the cheek. Regardless of how I felt towards him, I wasn't going to go out of my way to completely shoot Jimmy down whenever I saw him. "Thanks, Jim. You look bad ass too." I said with a wink, motioning to his colorful kimono and insanely pointy hair. He grinned, patting me on the back as we went in.

We pushed through a few dozen people until we made our way up to the front of the small stage. Zoey kept her distance from us as she proceeded to flirt with the many guys that crowded around her. It made me sick just watching, she was taken, she was supposed to be here to support Zack. "God your sister is gross! I hope Zee don't see her." Val muttered in disgust as we peered over our shoulders at her. I agreed, I didn't want her to ruin his show. "Hopefully he just pays attention to what he's doing. Zoey's not even that great to look at, sorry to say Zeph." I shook my head. I partially agreed with them, she was too over the top and a lot of people couldn't stand it. "Hey, shut up! They're about to go on!" We all instantly stopped talking and kept our attentions focused in front of us. One by one the guys all appeared with Zack taking his place right in front of me. He beamed down when he saw my face, which ultimately made me feel weak in the knees. Damn this man.

The guys had played a couple new songs they had worked on, one called "Lips of Deceit" and the other called "Turn The Other Way". They were incredibly raw and super edgy, which was just the type of music I liked. Zack definitely knew is way around a guitar too, he was one of the best in our scene in my opinion. They ended it with the song called "The Art of Subconscious Illusion" and Val had a part in it that always made my skin crawl with goosebumps. She screamed like a devil and it was totally bad ass. People were always the most surprised, they thought they were listening to a guy scream. So needless to say, when a girl dressed as Thing 1 appeared screeching in front of them, they were completely caught off guard. I kept my eyes peeled on Zoey, seeing her still hidden away in the far back of the club, running her hand up some random guys arm. If only Zack could see her now. "Guys, we gotta go meet up with them before Zack sees Zoey." I said once the set had finished. They all agreed in unison before we rushed quickly over to the far left side of the stage.

"You guys were totally kick ass, babe!" Val exclaimed to Matt as he picked her up and spun her around in his arms. Johnny held onto Lacey while Brian instantly made out sloppily with Michelle. Leaving me and Zack to stand there somewhat awkwardly. I could tell he was looking for Zoey, so I kept my gaze slightly shifted away from his. "She's in the bathroom. You did a really great job, Zee. Nice touch." He smiled, finally closing the small gap between us with a hug. I tensed up a bit, ever since he and Zoey were always together, I never really had the opportunity to be as friendly to him as I used to be. "That means a lot coming from you, Zeph." I blushed now, feeling slightly nervous as he still held onto me. "Are you done being touchy with my sister so we can go now?" Suddenly came Zoey's voice from behind us, instantly ruining the only good moment I had with him. He shrugged his shoulders, mouthing 'sorry' before following alongside her to the back of the club.

I could feel the hot tears building up in my eyes as I watched him walk away with her. It wasn't fair, she didn't deserve him, I did. I felt the rage building as I stomped over towards them, seeing her already throwing herself at him, kissing him all over his neck. I stood there awkwardly for a moment until I finally tapped Zee on the shoulder. "What do you want, Zephyr? Can't you see we're busy?" Zoey stated bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest. I ignored her and pulled Zack down to my level so my mouth was to his ear. "Just thought you should know, as a friend, my sister was all over some random dude in the back the entire time you played." I was done covering up for her, I was done lying to save anyone's feelings anymore. I was done pretending like their relationship didn't tear me up inside. I turned on my heels and went back towards the others hurriedly, leaving him standing there with a semi hurt look on his face. As if it was to be expected, we all tried to warn him.

"What did you do, Zeph? It looks like it's getting ugly now." Brian noted, keeping his eyes fixed behind me. I turned slowly, seeing Zack and Zoey now arguing with one another, him seeming to yell at her. I threw my hands up in defense before taking a long drag off of Johnny's freshly lit cigarette and handing it back over to him. "I'm taking what's mine, Bri. That's all, he deserves the truth." Brian just sighed, putting a hand to my shoulder. "I know Zeph but that's not the way to do it. Now you just look like you're the jealous sister." I rolled my eyes with a shrug. I didn't care, not one single bit anymore. "She's been hiding too much from him for too long, Bri. Zee deserves to at least know that she's not the faithful one here. They'll figure this out." Michelle tried to reassure him but Brian still didn't believe it. "He's too in love with her, he's not gonna believe Zephyr or any of us."

I put my head in my hands, this was going to be harder than I thought, especially when some of my friends didn't even have my back on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long to update! Work has occupied lots of my time, so hopefully these don't feel too rushed or kinda blah! Thank you all for the feedback so far! The readers and subscribers are increasing each day! Thank you all! I hope you're enjoying! xo