Sequel: Welcome to the Family
Status: FINISHED! Thank you everyone!

Vengeance Is Mine

Baby Blues

(Zephyr's POV)

If having a mental breakdown once wasn't enough, I was on the brink of another real soon. When Matt had dropped me back off at Zack's after the incident at the clinic the gnawing feeling in my stomach never went away at all. I was terrified, I wasn't ready to be a mother, not in the least bit. Sure, I should have been more careful and realized the consequences of having sex, but at that moment, I didn't fucking care. And now I'm paying for it. "Hey babe." I greet him once I enter our room. He's laying in bed, his face engulfed in his phone. "Hey. How'd it go with Val?" I shrug, quickly trying to think of a good reply. "Eh it was alright, nothing too exciting." He nods before finally taking his attention away from the screen long enough to give me a small kiss on the lips. "Well I'm just glad you're home with me now." I smile with a semi awkward laugh. "Yeah, me too Zee. What's the plan then?" He sets his phone down, taking my hand in his. "I just want to lay in bed for the next twenty four hours with you, if that's ok?" I flash him a cheeky grin before agreeing, soon changing out of my school clothes and into something more comfortable. He pulls back the large covers and gets inside them with me in tow.

It's hard to keep a steady breathing pattern as we just lay there in silence and cuddle for the next few hours. My mind is racing at a million thoughts a second. I wanted to tell him so goddamn badly about everything going on. A part of me wish he would just be smart enough to figure it all out already. But another part of me just wanted to keep everything a secret from him at all costs. I didn't want to lie to him, I wanted to be truthful. I really was at war with my own self. It's not long before he notices either that I seem kind of on edge. "Hey Zeph? Is everything going ok? And I mean with everything, not just you." Taking in a deep breath now, I knew I had to come up with the perfect lie once more. I turn so I'm facing him, seeing the moonlight reflecting off of his gorgeous, pale face. Damn it, why was this so fucking hard to do? "I'm fine Zee, I promise. There's nothing wrong, it's just been a long day for me. Actually it's been a long week, I'm just so worried about finishing school and all that. The year is practically over, we graduate in 6 months, you go on tour right after. It's just all catching up to me Zee, it's still hard to fathom all that stuff so soon."

Ok so, it wasn't technically a lie at all, I was still worried about all that stuff. The only thing I just happened to leave out were the tiny details that I may be pregnant with his kid. Nothing too serious, right? Wrong again. He sighs deeply, running a hand through his shaggy hair. We still had everything matching, we still looked like the perfect couple. "I know it's a lot for you to handle still babe, but I promise you, nothing is going to change. I'll be gone for a couple of months and then I'll be right back home beside you. And who knows? If everything works out good, then you can come with us the next time. Or we can work something out, you know? It'll all work out best for everyone in the end, I know it will." I just lean over and press a kiss to his cheek, seeing that signature smile come to his face. "Ok babe, I believe you. Let's just go to sleep now, I have a lot of work to do tomorrow."

The following day at school, Val hadn't said a word to me. So to make matters even worse, whenever Zack had asked her about the supposed project we were working on yesterday, she would immediately tell him to ask me and I was running out of good ideas to say. Thankfully Matty stepped in a few times, coming to my rescue but in return pissing off Val even more. I was assuming that he never told her what went on and I sure as hell wasn't going to either with her still acting like this. But I guess it was to be expected, really. She's my best friend, I was supposed to tell her everything, I was supposed to trust her with my deepest secrets. But this one, was just too much to handle. "Well I'll see you after class babe. Be good." He gives me a quick peck before following off in the opposite direction with the others while Val and I head inside our health class. The topic today, of all fucking things, was sex and reproductive health. Just my fucking luck. Then to make matters even worse, Val agreed to be my partner, but didn't say one goddamn word the entire time. Finally I had enough of it, I was tired of being treated like dirt by my supposed best friends. "Ok Valary, we need to talk. Why are you acting so bitchy? What the hell have I done to make you so pissed off at me?"

She doesn't say anything, but proceeds to glare at me viciously. "Enough with the fucking snarls. What the hell is wrong?" She scoffs suddenly, shaking her head. "What do you mean 'what's wrong'? You should know! You're having my boyfriend do favors for you without even telling me, without even asking me! How do you think that makes me feel? I don't go around asking Zack for favors without even saying anything to you." It was my turn to laugh bitterly now. "First of all, he's my best friend too. And even if you did ask Zack for anything, I wouldn't give a flying fuck, that's your business. But for your information, Valary. I might be fucking pregnant with Zack's kid. That's what I had Matt do for me. I had him take me to the parenting clinic after school, that's why he had you lie to Zee for me. Because I didn't want to go alone, because I wanted someone there when they told me the awful news. And you know what else? They aren't even sure if I am or not, I have to go back in a couple of days and take another pregnancy test. So before you go around barking at me like I'm some type of homewrecker, you better rethink that. I'm going through so much shit, you wouldn't even begin to understand. You have both your parents, you have a loving family. I don't."

And just like that, the entire fucking class had heard our argument. Including the teacher, perfect. "Zephyr, Valary, go to the principal's office immediately." I slammed my book shut hard on the table, making those around me flinch slightly before I grabbed my bag from off of the floor and bolted out of there. There was no way in hell I was going to go to the principal's office, I had had enough of this school trying to pry into my personal life. But of course, as I'm about to head the complete opposite way towards the back exit, I smacked right into Zee. "Woah, babe? Where are you going?" He quickly grips onto my shoulders, trying to get me to talk to him. I fight back the tears as long as I can while trying to wiggle my way free from his hold. "Zephyr, stop it. What's the matter? What happened?" Alas, my fatal attempts at freedom were useless. There was no point in hiding it now, I had to come up with some excuse. "I fought with Val in health. There's nothing to say more about it. They wanted me to go to the principal's office but there is no way in hell I'm going in there. I don't need anymore people trying to get involved in my life, Zack. So to answer you question about where I'm going, I'm going home. Back to your house. I'm going to hide in bed and never fucking come out again and if I'm lucky, I'll die of starvation or maybe lack of oxygen. Whichever comes fucking first."

His face is mix between hurt and confused, which makes it even more harder for me to look at him. "Bullshit, Zeph. You can't go off on this wanting to die rant just simply over a little fight. What's really going on? Talk to me, please. I love you, you can tell me anything." Oh no, Mr. Baker, I can't tell you anything. If I did, you'd run directly for the hills and I wouldn't blame you. "She doesn't want to tell you because she know's it'll ruin everything. So I'll tell you for her. She's probably knocked up with your baby, Zacky. She had me lie for you so Matt could take her to the parenting clinic yesterday. He sat with her the whole time, he comforted her. So the entire time she was finding out, she was seeking solace with my boyfriend. Because Michelle and Zoey were right about her, she is nothing but a home wrecking slut. I can't believe I ever thought you truly cared about me as a best friend, Zephyr. I hope you enjoy being all alone, because at this rate, you're doing a great job at losing friends and family very fast. You better hope Zack feels like forgiving you, because I don't."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this will be the third to last chapter! There will be 2 more after this then thats it! Thank you all for the continued love and support, its been a wild one! i love you all! xx