Sequel: Welcome to the Family
Status: FINISHED! Thank you everyone!

Vengeance Is Mine

Sorry Not Sorry

(Zephyr's POV)

Needless to say, after the show the other night I was definitely glad I wasn't going home with Zoey. She was pretty pissed off after she heard what I had said to Zack. But I didn't care, I wasn't sorry, she did it to her own damn self. If she really loved Zack like she claimed she did, she wouldn't be going to his shows and flirting with other guys and throwing herself at their feet every time someone paid attention to her. It was disgusting, really. I had went home with Val and Michelle to escape the lecture I would receive from my mother later but of course, they had one of their own made. "Dude, I don't like your sister, like at all, but I think maybe you should of let Zee figure it out on his own." Michelle spoke up as we walked through the park back to their house. I shrugged, stretching out my arms. "He's too blind to see it and me being her sister and his best friend, I felt it was my duty." Val instantly agreed.

"Oh come on Chelle, you know how he is especially around her, I think Zephyr did the right thing." Thank God for the other twin. Michelle just pressed her lips together and stayed quiet the rest of the walk home. I crashed on the couch almost instantly as soon as we had walked in their front door. I said my hellos to their parents and in a snap was out like a light. But of course I was woken up by a hefty message on my text messages from my sister. She was clearly very angry and assured me that I would ever regret trying to sabotage her relationship with Zack if it was the last thing on Earth. She was going to make me pay, in her exact words. I completely ignored it and deleted it simply before falling back asleep. When I finally did fully wake up the next morning it was already noon. "Rise and shine, doll." Val greeted me as she then proceeded to open the living room curtains and let the blaring sun inside.

I shielded my eyes from the light, flipping her off. She chuckled, shaking her head. "It's a gorgeous day out and the guys wanna go meet up at the park for a little while." I groaned slightly. The thought of drinking most of the day in the woods didn't really seem like a good idea especially since I'm sure Zack would have a few things to say to me about last night. I made a face, scrunching up my nose. "What if Zee brings Zoe? I'm not really in the mood to deal with that drama right now." I said with a large yawn. "Well then, you shouldn't have caused it." Michelle retorted harshly as she walked by the two of us. I raised my brow at her some, completely caught off guard by the sudden attitude. "What's wrong with her?" I asked Val who only shrugged. "Beats me, she's been like that since last night. I think her and Brian are going through their little problems but don't worry about it, Zeph. Now hurry and get ready, my man's waiting for me!" Reluctantly soon, I gave in and got up.

When we finally headed to the park it was about two, the sun was high in the sky but dark clouds hung overhead so it was breezy but semi warm. We stopped in the thick brush once we could see all the guys come into view. I nervously approached them, seeing Zack with his back turned away from us. Clearly he wasn't in the best mood either and well I didn't blame him. "Hey guys, long time no see." I greet them with a small smile before Johnny passes me over a 40 oz of Mickey's. "Hi Zee." I say somewhat quieter than I had intended to but obviously he still hears me when he turns suddenly face to face with me. "Hey, Zephyr." He has a slight scowl on his lips but none the less still says hi before returning his attention to his previous conversation with Jimmy. Well I'll take what I can get I suppose.

I sit beside Matt and Val under a tall oak tree, the smell of Fall lingering in the air. "So the show last night was really sick, I think it's our best yet." Brian mentions with a grin before taking a large swig of his drink. We all nod, agreeing it was one of their better ones. "Hopefully we can get into the studio soon and really make a record." We all agreed again. It would be awesome to see the guys hard work finally pay off and get to make it in the big leagues. "So how are things between you and Zoey, Zee? Work it all out yet?" Johnny asked curiously which earned him a hard nudge in the gut from Lacey. Perfect. This is exactly the reason why I didn't want to come out here in the fucking first place. Way to go Johnny, always have to open your mouth without thinking first, don't you?

Zack shrugged, keeping his gaze averted from mine as he spoke. "We're okay. We're working on it, I mean, sure she's not the most faithful but I'll take what I can get. She's just different." At that moment I almost choked on my beer, my eyes growing wide. How the fuck is she different?! She's exactly like all the other type of cheerleader sluts! She's the type of girl that likes to text all day and talk all night, never paying any attention to anyone around her besides her stupid friends or her phone. How the fuck can he sit here and say that he's okay with her cheating on him and flirting around with other guys? What the actual fuck is wrong with him?! "Dude, seriously? You're okay with her just doing whatever she wants?" He shrugs and takes a long drag of his cigarette. At this point everyone is just about as stunned as I am about his total reaction and attitude towards the situation.

"It's not my fault you're the jealous one, Zephyr. You always have to try and ruin what's not yours. You know Zoey's always liked me since we were little. Don't try and act like you're suddenly so concerned now, you're just upset because I love her and not you." My heart pretty much broke at that moment. Now I definitely knew something was wrong with him in his tiny little head if he seriously thought that I was jealous of what he and Zoey had. In fact, I was the complete opposite of jealous, I was more sorry for him because he was taking something off of the discount rack and not realizing what he was truly missing out on. "What the fuck, that's a low blow Zack and you know it. I'm not jealous, I could care less about what the hell you and my sister have. It's pathetic, you let a girl trample all over you and fuck every guy at school right under your nose and you don't even have the self respect to drop her right on her ass. That goes to show you obviously must think not too highly of yourself. And for the record, Zoey only likes you because she can get away with whatever she wants with you. You're a pushover, Zack. A complete fucking punching bag."

And after I had finished with my rant, I tossed my beer aside, hearing it smash into a million pieces behind me before storming off in a fit of rage away from everyone. I could hear the faint sounds of footsteps and people calling my name but I ignored it all and kept on running until I was a couple blocks from home. I was done dealing with people's shit today. If they couldn't accept the truth and just realize that I was only trying to be helpful then fine, better off without them.

When I finally reached my front steps, I couldn't hear anyone inside so thankfully no one besides my mom must have been home. I tossed my bag on the floor and kicked my shoes aside until I trudged up the stairs and into my mom's room. She was in bed, reading that same damn book as the night before. I laid on my dad's side of the bed now, instantly feeling the tears building up in my eyes. I really wish he could be here right now, he'd always have the right things to say and always make me feel better in an instant. "So I'm assuming you're here because of what happened with Zoe, correct?" I nod, shoving my face into the pillow. God she was smart. "She's just trying to tears us apart, mom! She's cheating on Zack and all kinds of things! I told him but it backfired and now he thinks I'm just the jealous, evil sister trying to break them up!" I cried hard, feeling my mom start to rub small circles in my back just like my dad used to. "I know your sister is a bit on the wrong side, Zeph. But you have to let things work themselves out. It's not your place. You know if your father was still here he'd tell you the exact same. Your time will come Zephyr, be patient."

Yeah, because I haven't been patient the last 15 years, right mom?
♠ ♠ ♠
Again so sorry its taken so long to update but thank you all for the positive feedback! Hope you're all enjoying! Always feel free to let me know if you guys have any ideas! I love all the responses I get so again enjoy! xo