Sequel: Welcome to the Family
Status: FINISHED! Thank you everyone!

Vengeance Is Mine

Friend or Foe

(Zephyr's POV)

Ah school, the one place I hate being at almost as much as home. This weekend was a complete disaster, if I do say so myself. Zack hadn't spoken to me since Saturday and well, I didn't really blame him I guess. He even stayed away from us at lunch today, completely ignoring the entire group and staying close to Zoey and her friends. It made me sick to my stomach looking at them, but it is what it is for now. Michelle was still bitter about the whole situation but she eventually gave up trying to justify anything. Because we all knew that Zoey was wrong and that Zack was a blind idiot, plain and simple. He wouldn't even look in our direction, even though Jimmy made countless attempts to get him to notice us. Jimmy finally had enough and stood on top of our table before yelling rather loudly across the lunchroom at him. "Hey, Zee! You're sitting at the wrong table, you're not a jock! I didn't know they let anyone sit at the cool kids spot now!" But it was useless, he kept his attention focused far away.

"Just leave him be. If he wants to act like an asshole and ignore his friends, let him. But when Zoey finally breaks his stupid heart, we won't be there to pick him back up." Matt muttered bluntly before popping a couple french fries in his mouth and pulling Val into his arms. "Yeah, he's right. If Zack wants to act like that, then let him." I sighed deeply, feeling defeated. I didn't really mean for all of this to happen, I was just trying to look out for him like any real best friend would. So why was he treating me like I was the bad guy? Like I was the one who cheated on him with multiple guys? I was tired of being cast aside, I wanted answers and I wanted them now. I casually got up from my seat beside Brian and Michelle before strolling over across the way towards the jocks where Zack was standing with Zoey. "No! Zephyr, get back here!" I could hear someone say from behind me but I kept going until I reached the head of their table. "Oh God, it's you. What the hell do you want, Zephyr?" I hear my sister say annoyingly as she folds her arms tightly across her chest.

I honestly didn't have a good speech planned out, so when I stayed silent for a few moments, she clearly was growing more mad and impatient. "Go the fuck away already, you've done enough damage. He doesn't want to talk to you, let it go, he's not interested. You're nothing like me, you'll never be anything like me, he's never going to love you like he loves me. Get over it." My blood boiled over hot as I let her belittle me for the last time. But the thing that hurt me the most was that Zack was literally standing right next to her as this entire thing went on and he didn't interject once, not even coming to my defense when she called me a slew of horrible names. "You're a jealous freak, Zephyr. That's why dad always said he treated you like you were a boy since you acted and dressed so much like one anyways. That's why he always felt sorry for you and took you everywhere, because you were so weird and different that no one wanted to hangout with you, you had no friends. You wouldn't even have the pathetic friends you have now if it wasn't for Zack. They're his friends in the first place. Just go crawl under a rock and die already, you're not needed."

After she had finished ripping me apart, I was finally going to let her have it. But instead of words, I let my fists do the talking for me. I don't remember exactly how it all had happened, but somehow I ended up on top of Zoey, my hands colliding with her face over and over until the blood wouldn't stop spraying from her nose. I grabbed handfuls of her hair and slammed her face into the floor until she eventually stopped screaming. Not so tough now, are you? I was being dragged throughout the school hallways by the campus security until I eventually landed in the principal's office. They called in practically everyone; Matt, Brian, Val, Michelle, Jimmy, and Zack. Zoey was sent to the nurses office and eventually had to have the paramedics called because they were in fear that she may have a concussion and a broken nose. Too bad I didn't just kill her, then that would have ended all my problems. "Miss King, do you realize the severity of your crimes that you have committed today?"

I had to try my hardest to stifle a laugh, my crimes? I beat up my own sister, not some random stranger just because. We all were seated in the small office together, so I could see the smirks on everyone's faces when they heard that as well. "You see, sir. My sister is the one who provoked this entire thing. She's been belittling me and harassing me the entire morning." The principal wrinkled his nose and shook his head slowly. "This is all over some boy, Mr.Baker, correct?" I shook my head, pressing my lips together as I glanced quickly over at Zack. "He has nothing to do with this, sir. This is simply a sibling matter." Even though he was being a complete piece of shit and didn't even attempt to help me out in the situation, I wasn't about to drag him down into this, he had enough to worry about. "Well be that as it may, you need to keep your problems at home. I'm suspending you for the rest of the week, if not expelling you. You and your sister and Mr. Baker. The rest of you are free to go." We all got up from our seats and crowded outside of the office, all except for Zack.

He bolted out of the front door the minute we were all released. I then saw my mother standing outside with a very discouraged look on her face. She clearly wasn't too happy about all of this, that was for sure. "Don't worry about a thing, Zeph. It'll be okay, we won't let you get expelled. We love you, don't worry." Val was trying her hardest to reassure me but it wasn't working, I still felt like crap. I hugged each of them individually before saying that I would call them later if I wasn't grounded for the rest of my life. As I walked out, I looked towards my left, seeing Zack was looking back at me as he stopped in his tracks. "I don't want to hear it until we're home. I have to go pick up Zoey from the hospital. I can't believe you two, Zephyr. I'm seriously considering throwing the both of you out, this is ridiculous." I completely ignored her words before racing over to where he was standing. "I understand if you hate me and never want to see me again, but I just thought you should know, that I only was doing what a best friend would do, Zack. I was just trying to look out for you." He stayed quiet, only keeping his gaze fixed on mine. God, those damn green eyes.

"I don't think we should even talk for a while, Zeph. This has all been too much, honestly. I know what Zoey said was wrong, but you didn't have to attack her like that, that's your sister. Your twin for fucks sake. Just keep away from me for a while, don't text me, call me, nothing. I'll talk to you when I feel like you're mature enough to be my friend. Sorry, but that's just the way it has to be. Grow up, will you? Or else I'm not sure this can ever be fixed."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I am so so sorry that it's taken so long to update, I promise I will be updating more frequently! I hope you are all still enjoying this! Thank you for the support! Love you all! xo