Sequel: Welcome to the Family
Status: FINISHED! Thank you everyone!

Vengeance Is Mine

Zack and....Zephyr?

(Zephyr's POV)

I had been staying at the Baker household for a total of 48 hours and counting, it was a nightmare, let me tell you. His sister Zena, had mentioned it to Brian at school the following day, who then told Michelle, who told Val, who told Matt, who told Jimmy, who told Johnny, who told Lacey, who told Zoey. Yes, you heard that right, my sister Zoey now knows that I've been staying next door at Zack's. He kept telling me that everything would work out okay, that he would handle all the mess that was going to be associated with this situation, but I didn't believe a word of it. Zoey was going to barge over here and cause a commotion just like I knew she was going to. All this was, was a waiting game.

Even though I had already made a mention to Val, who, swore she wouldn't tell Matt, it really didn't matter anymore because everyone already fucking knew. I was currently holed up in Zack's room, my face buried deep into his pillows. Well, according to him, this was now "our" room and "our pillows". It was weird, honestly, but it wasn't awkward. At least, not anymore. More like confusing, was the right word to use. Confusing, because even though we shared the same bed, we still kept to our own sides. Confusing, because sometimes at random, Zack would kiss me, and well duh, of course I'd let him. I guess all in all, it was really confusing because we weren't dating, we were just best friends. It really makes no sense, at all. But I guess I was just going to have to keep letting things go with the flow.

Anyways, as I was originally saying, I was currently in hiding for the day because, lets face it, I didn't want to have to answer to anyone. Not my friends, not my family, and certainly not Zoey. "You know, hiding is only going to make it worse, you know that, right?" I peek my head out for a quick minute, seeing Zack now sitting beside me on the edge of the bed. I flip myself over to lay on my back with a large groan before staring up at him. "You know, this wouldn't have to be so terrible if you just stop doing what your doing." He looked at me like I had just spoken a foreign language, as if he truly didn't understand what I meant by that sentence. "What do you mean stop what I'm doing?" Again I just groaned, smacking my hand against my forehead. He really was totally clueless.

He then caught me off guard completely when he sprawled out on top of me, meshing our lips together in a soft kiss. "That! See! That right there. Stop it, you're making things difficult." He now had a semi mischievous smirk on his face as he proceeded to do it again, and again, and again. Dear God, why can I just stop giving into this boy already? "I swear to God Zack Baker if you don't stop kissing me, I'm going to kill you." I warned as he finally got up from off me and stood up by his bedroom window. "I'm sorry, it's just, now that I've finally gotten a taste of what it's like, I can't help myself. It's like you're exactly what I've been missing this entire time. You just, I don't know-" But before he could finish, a loud knock came suddenly to the door. I practically leaped out of bed and flew into the nearest closet to hide. I wasn't in the mood for dealing with this anymore.

The sound of voices could be heard coming inside and I knew who it was almost instantly. Matt, Jimmy, Brian, and of course, "Zephyr! I know you're in here! Where the hell are you?!" Val, her voice made my ears ring as she started to tear apart Zack's room piece by piece. "You better get out here before I destroy this entire place!" On the off chance she decided to mean what she said, I took in a few deep breaths before slowly opening the closet door and climbing out. My face was as red as a tomato as I faced all our friends who had equally stunned looks on their faces. "You, me, outside. Now." Val grabbed a hold of my arm tightly before pretty much dragging me downstairs and out to the backyard. I tried to pretend that I had no idea of what she was talking about, but she knew it.

"What are you thinking? I know this is what you've always wanted, but Zeph, come on! He's playing mind games with you! You're not even a couple, he's not even broken up with Zoey yet and your letting him just do whatever he wants?!" Her voice was stern but also had a hint of concern as she put a hand to my shoulder. I sighed deeply, suddenly feeling the urge to cry hit me almost instantly. I hadn't really thought about all the technical stuff, I really was just living in the moment and enjoying the attention Zack was finally giving me. "I know, you're totally right. But you have to see it from my side too. You know how long I've waited for this to finally happen, it just feels like I'm finally getting what I've always wanted. I feel terrible, but Zoey doesn't deserve him. I do."

(Zacky's POV)

"So let me get this straight. You're letting Zephyr, our best friend, sleep in your bed, live in your room, at your house, but you still haven't told her that you're still with Zoey?" I shook my head, shrugging slightly. "No, she knows I haven't broken up completely yet with Zoey. She knows we're just friends." I try to get the guys to ease their suspicions about me starting to mess around with Zephyr, but when Val comes barging in from outside, I knew it was a lost cause then. "You're such an asshole, Zacky. How the hell can you sit there and treat her like if she's your girlfriend but then still keep her on the sideline? She's not your rebound, she's your best friend." After she finishes chewing me out, she then proceeds to slap me, hard across the face. I guess I partly deserved that.

I look in complete shock over at her before all of the guys just stare at me with eyes wide. "You dick! You're playing her?!" Suddenly comes Jimmy now, shoving me roughly. I knew he always had a soft spot for Zephyr, so of course he was going to be the one to come at me first. I threw my hands up in defense, sighing. "You guys don't know what the hell is going on. Whatever you think I'm doing, I'm not. Zephyr is, she's.." "Zephyr is what?" Now comes her voice from behind everyone, standing in the doorway. I feel my cheeks start to burn hot as I finally realize what I needed to do. I go past everyone and look at her. She has tears in her eyes as I kept my gaze fixed on her lips now. "She's my girlfriend. She's who I'm really meant to be with. I should have said this years ago, but I mean it. I love you, Zephyr, I always have. I don't know why I ever chose Zoey, but I love you."

She doesn't say anything back to me, she just stares at me like a deer caught in headlights, before I proceed to kiss her, right there, in front of everyone. I was being childish, I was being selfish but none of that seemed to matter. I was still trying to really figure out what I wanted in my life, but I knew that somehow, it was definitely Zephyr who I was meant to be with. She has always been my biggest fan, my biggest supporter. How I couldn't see that for so damn long is really beyond me.

"Zack! What the fuck are you doing?! You're cheating on me?! With Zephyr?!?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, young love! Thank you all for being so patient with the updates, I truly appreciate all the love and support! I hope you're all still enjoying this! xo