The Day Alex Left

1/1

The day Alex left

March 4th is the day Jack Barakat hates most and this is why,

(Jack Pov)

I woke up, wrapping my arm around my boyfriend. Or at least where I thought he was going to be, he was gone. I got up already salty and tried to find Alex. He was in the living room, “Yeah, I’ll be there by ten. I still have to tell Jack...... okay good................. bye love you Lis.” Is what I heard Alex say down the phone to who I assumed was Lisa, a “friend” of his. I sat down beside him, wrapping my arm around his shoulder and kissing his cheek. I’ll never forget his face, he turned away moving away from me. “What’s wrong Lexy?” I asked. “I’m going out.” He snapped. Alex pulled his hoodie on and ran to the door. We’d been dating since the beginning of the band and how could he leave me now? I’ve not done anything?

(Third Pov)

Alex started his car, driving no where in particular. He just needed to get away from his well, now Jack’s apartment. He knew Jack couldn’t mange on his own but their spark had gone. Well Alex’s for Jack had. Over their almost 6 year relationship Alex had realised he was straight or that’s what he wanted to believe. “Hey Rian can you check on Jack?” Alex asked down his phone as he sat at the side of the road. “Yeah sure man. What happened?” Rian sounded concerned. “I uh... walked out on him. I’m going back later to pick up my stuff and I’m gonna break up with him.” Alex said quietly. “I’ll check on him but why are you breaking up with him? He needs you Alex. He literally can’t survive without you.” Rian said. “I need to, I’m dating Lisa and I can’t cheat on Jack.” Alex replied. “Then why are you?!” Rian snapped and hung up. Alex slid his phone away and continued driving, it would unclog his mind after all.

Rian entered what was now Jack’s apartment. “Hey Ri! You know when Alex’ll be home?” Jack smiled, the guilt built in Rian’s stomach. “A couple hours I’m guessing?” Rian lied.

From Alex to Rian-
I’m coming home, I’m gonna tell Jack.

“I need to get home, bye.” Rian smiled, he got up hugging Jack, just as Alex got in. “Hey Jack, um I’ve gotta tell you something.” Alex sighed, Jack could tell something was off. “Come here baby.” Jack smiled at his boyfriend, soon to be ex boyfriend. He patted the couch beside him motioning for Alex to sit down. Jack pulled him into a hug, kissing his head. “I think I should just say it.....” Alex looked at the ground. “We should break up.” As he finished that sentence, he looked up to see Jack’s eyes fill with tears. He couldn’t do it anymore, he ran into their now Jack’s bedroom, grabbing his necessities and leaving the apartment. Jack was a sobbing mess, “W-what did I do?! I’m the w-worst boyfriend ever!” Jack cried into his hands. He looked at the walls, photos of him and Alex lacing them. He was devastated. March 4th 2010 will go down in history, the day Jack Barakat lost his happiness, lost his light.

And now it’s March 4th 2018 and he’s on his tour bus, watching the rain fall. Remember his and Alex’s relationship, the kisses, the cuddles, the smiles, the laughs and everything else. Jack’s heart ached as he looked at Alex being affectionate with his new girlfriend, Lisa. God he hated her. Jack looked down at his phone, a photo of Alex and Jack kissing in front of a tree. Engraved in the tree was a heart, JBB and AWG 24/12/2004 engraved in it. New Year’s Eve 2004 the day Jack thought a relationship that would last forever started but nothing lasts forever.

I’ll always love you Alex, I’ll always be your Jack <3