‹ Prequel: Handle With Care
Status: Finished! Thank you all!

Fragile

From The Inside

(Jade's POV)

After our graduation party had ended late the other night, I decided to take the risk and ask Chester if I could go home with him. He looked incredibly surprised but eventually gave in and agreed. I had never even seen or been to his house before since I've met him so I wasn't sure what to expect when we got there. It was a cute single story home with two bedrooms and a small fenced yard. The inside was just as nice but not exactly what you would assume it to look like for an up and coming rock star. It was pretty plain, the walls were painted a dark grey with black curtains that hung on the windows. Chester took me down the hall into his room where the walls were a solid red with numerous pictures and posters littered all over. His bed was huge, with thick blankets and soft comforters. He handed me one of his shirts to sleep in while I stayed in my underwear. He then stripped down to his boxers before motioning for me to get in beside him. I bit down on my lip some, we hadn't seen each other in months and the tension was definitely there. "Come here, Jay." I eventually crawled in under the covers, his arms instantly pulling me closer to him. Instead of jumping into anything straight away he merely asked if he could just hold me. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, inhaling the smell of my perfume. "I've missed you, a lot. This feels so good, just to have you in my arms again." I smiled some now.

"I've missed you too. You missed a rad party Shae threw me." I said as I started to rub my hand along his bare chest. "I know and I'm sorry, I heard it was really awesome though. She really cares a lot about you, I'm just happy her and Mike are finally getting settled." I then remembered what she had told me a couple of weeks ago that instantly brought another smile to my face. She was pregnant, but not exactly sure of how many months yet. How no one noticed the dramatic change in her appearance though was beyond me but I guess it just added to the element of surprise. She had made me promise not to say anything to anyone until she went to the doctors and of course I did, because honestly at the time I wasn't even sure I was going to be speaking to anyone again anyways. Ultimately though I was just glad that Chester had came to my graduation and forgave me, I truly was sorry what for I had said and done to him. But now that it was all put behind us, I just wanted a chance to finally get to start my life with him in it. I had applied to tons of colleges while I was finishing school the last few months he was gone and I seriously hoped that I got accepted into one of them. Thankfully they were all local so I didn't have to worry about being thousands of miles away from him. Then I'm almost positive that our relationship wouldn't last if I was gone halfway across the country.

"Did you think about me at all?" I looked up at the ceiling, of course I thought about him. He was always on my mind constantly and I always thought about what he was doing or how things were going. "Of course I did Chester. No matter how hard I tried to put you in the back of my mind it just didn't work and it felt terrible. You have no idea how badly I wanted to call you and say how sorry I was and how much I just wanted you to forgive me." I felt a couple of tears leak out of my eyes and roll down my face. He sat up now, this time him holding me while I buried my head into his chest and cried. He rubbed my back in small circles while he whispered sweet nothings into my ear. This happened almost every night that he was gone except I didn't have anyone to comfort me then. "I'm so sorry. I seriously don't even deserve to be here with you right now. I fucked up, I let you think that I didn't need you. I'm so sorry." I continued to cry and sob as he just held onto me tightly in his arms, reassuring me multiple times that I didn't need to apologize and that he really understood why I did what I did and that if I could please stop crying so we could enjoy our first night back together.

Surprisingly enough after a few more minutes of tears, more like a half an hour really, I finally stopped being so upset enough for us to return to our late night shenanigans. Although the part that was my favorite, sorry to say, was our sex. Chester held nothing back and just let everything out at all costs. It had been so long, it definitely was a much needed release for the both of us. Afterwards we just laid there in each others arms, literally talking the whole rest of the night. He told me some stories about things that happened while on the road, he told me about all the people he met, and he told me how he always thought about me. "I never stopped thinking about you. Everywhere I went I always thought 'She would really love to see this.' You were always on my mind. I swear everyone was getting tired of hearing me say how much I missed you." He laughed lightly as he played with loose strands of my hair. And somehow the talk had switched major directions and the talk about our future had come into play. "So, now that you're out of school, what do you want to do?" I glanced over at the clock on his nightstand. It was literally already four in the morning and already I was being asked what I wanted to do with my life. "I'm not sure honestly, but I've always wanted to be a writer. Like for magazines and stuff with music." He looked over at me with a certain gleam in his eyes. I raised an eyebrow at him slightly, afraid of what he was going to say next.

"You can work for us! I know for a fact the guys wouldn't mind, you could do reviews of our shows and stuff. Help get our name out more!" I blinked a few times, trying to fully process what he had said. It really was a generous offer, but I still wasn't sure. So I just smiled and kissed the side of his face. What came next really almost made me choke though, catching me completely off guard. "Do you ever want kids some day?" I never even thought about that honestly. The thought of having children completely freaked me out and I always swore I wouldn't bring any into this horrid world if it was the last thing I did. When I took a while to answer his question, he instantly felt bad about asking it in the first place. "I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to put that kind of pressure on you." I shook my head, placing a hand to his face. "It's fine really. I just never really thought of anything like that you know, I mean, maybe when I'm older one day but definitely not right now." He nodded, looking out towards the window. The sun was already starting to rise and we hadn't slept at all. "I'm sorry, I just forget how old you really are. Still so much ahead of you." Well now that just made me feel so much better now, thanks a lot. "It's already six, maybe we should try to sleep for a bit." He said with a chuckle. I agreed eagerly and in a matter of moments we both were soon fast asleep.

A few hours later after we had eventually woken up from our late sleep the following morning, Chester had decided to take me out for some food. I threw on my clothes from the night before with the exception of wearing another one of his shirts before we headed out to the beach. We settled on eating at some small diner on the edge of the pier although I was terrified of the heights and kept wondering what would happen if this whole place just collapsed and fell into the ocean, it was still really beautiful to look out into the water. I ordered my usual favorite of pancakes while Chester ordered his, bacon and eggs. We were actually having a really great time, as if nothing had ever happened or changed between us since the months passed. We were laughing about a story Chester was telling me that happened one night in Texas, Mike and Brad had tried to have a hot sauce eating challenge and both ended up needing to go to the emergency room because they couldn't stop throwing up, when suddenly we were interrupted by someone I truly thought I was never going to have to see until my death. My mother.

"Jay? Is that you?" She approached the table slowly, her face looking extremely surprised. I sighed, keeping my gaze focused on Chester. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze underneath the table as she neared closer. "Uh..hi? Mom?" I seemed to be talking in questions which only irritated myself more. She instantly hugged me, the smell of alcohol still lingering on her clothes. "What are you doing here? Where's Clay?" I looked around cautiously in case he was near by, but I never saw him. "Oh he's..at home. I'm here with someone else." I raised my brows at her in shock. She never went anywhere without the asshole, so who exactly was she with? I scanned around the place quickly before laying eyes on a man I had never seen before. He had dark eyes and a smug look on his face. "Mom, who the hell is that?" She was fidgeting with her hands nervously before she looked in his direction. "Oh that..that's, uh, a friend from work." I shook my head in utter disbelief. My mom was finally off the deep end, she finally went back to her old habits. She was using drugs again, it was obvious to see. "Mom you're using again, aren't you?" I took her hands and turned them over seeing fresh track marks littered all over her arms. It truly disgusted me to see what she had become. "Jay, it's only for a little relief, I promise. I miss you, baby." She put her cold hands to my face but I shook them off. "Don't even try to pull that shit with me, mom. You let Clay hurt me, you abandoned me."

She stared at me with a glossy look in her eyes, as if nothing I was saying even registered in her mind. "So is this your boyfriend, he's a real looker." I felt my stomach twist into a painful knot before I got up from my seat and pulled her away from the table. "Get out of here, mom. I don't ever want to see you until I'm dead and cold six feet under, got it? Don't try to come here and play the whole I miss you crap because it doesn't work. Just go crawl back under your rock, mom. Pretend I'm dead." I spat harshly at her as I felt the tears swell up and spill down my face. My mom's eyes turned a dark shade of red as she started to cry as well. I dropped her hands hard as I turned on my heels and walked back over to Chester. "Can we please go?" I was on the verge of a breakdown and wanted to be as far away from people as humanly possible. He nodded before we quickly left the restaurant and headed back to his car. When we got inside I immediately broke down in tears, stomping and screaming angrily. He held me while I started to fall apart, my heart breaking into a million pieces. If I could just go a day without anything horrible happening, that would be great.

"Shh, it's okay baby. Calm down, I'm here for you." He kept rubbing his hands up and down my back to try and get me to relax but nothing seemed to be working, I had finally reached my breaking point.

(Chester's POV)

I just held her tightly in my arms while she cried uncontrollably. I knew it had to be hard for her to see her mom like that after so many months, I just tried my best to be there for her because she definitely needed me. I started to drive us back to my house because she said she just wanted to be with me for a while after she had managed to stop crying for a brief second. I didn't want to ever let her leave me, honestly. So when we had pulled into my driveway, I took her face into my hands and made her look at me. Her sad eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were burned by the tears that stayed persistent. "I'm so sorry you had to witness that today babe. But I don't want you to feel alone or feel like you're doing this alone. Because I'm here for you, Jay. I want you to always be with me. I want you to move in with me. That way you don't have to worry about seeing me whenever either of us has time, you can always see me whenever you want to. What do you think?" Even without saying words I could tell by the reaction in her eyes that she was genuinely surprised by what I had just asked her. But when she leaned in and kissed me softly on the lips, I knew it meant a yes. I hugged her close, finally hearing a shaky sigh of relief escape passed her mouth.

"Can we move me in today then? I need to get as far away as possible from everyone right now." I laughed at her comment but agreed, saying we could do whatever made her happy. She looked up at me with a certain stare that I hadn't seen from her before as she kissed me again. "You make me happy, I'm certain about that. I never want to be without you, Chester. I honestly will do whatever it takes for this relationship to work for the rest of my life. I'm certain that I want to be with you as long as fate allows me to." I looked at her after the last part, wondering what she had meant by fate allowing it but decided not to push it, I was just happy to know that she wanted to take the next step and move in with me. We decided that we would go over to Melody's house later to get some of her belongings and ultimately break the news to them that she was going to be living with me. I knew Melody would be happy for her but I wasn't so sure her mom would be so happy about it seeing as she had pretty much adopted Jay into their family over the course of the last year and I didn't want her to feel as if I was tearing them apart. But Jay promised me things would work out fine.

We somehow ended up back in my room, laying in bed while watching TV. Surprisingly, our video for "Points of Authority" had debuted on MTV at number one. I almost fell off of the bed as I couldn't believe what I was looking at. I grabbed my phone from off of the nightstand before dialing Mike's number. He picked up after the first few couple rings. "Dude! We're fucking number one on MTV. Number one! We did it!" A loud roar of cheers erupted as he told Shae the news, more than likely a giant smile plastered on his face. We had been waiting for so long to be number one on any of the charts and now this was just a small milestone that had been finally achieved. I gave Jay a big kiss on the lips as she congratulated me, saying that she was so happy and impressed by the way we had made me the video over the course of the tour. "And I have something to tell you too! Dude, I'm gonna be a dad! Shae's pregnant man!! We're having a girl!!"

(Jade's POV)

I grinned wide as I had heard Mike tell Chester the news of Shae's pregnancy. And to top it all off, they were having a girl. The family they had built so strong together was finally expanding some, Mike and Shae were going to be amazing parents and the guys were going to be awesome uncles, especially Brad. I was extremely happy for the entire crew, but still felt a weight being put on my own shoulders. I had talked to the doctor over the last month before graduation when I had started noticing that I was losing a lot of weight and he had confirmed I had a small mass that was growing in my stomach. He wasn't sure if it was cancerous or not but a multitude of tests needed to be done until we could be certain. I was dreading the phone call but knew it was bound to be sooner or later. So while I had the time and energy, I was just going to live in the moment with my friends and my amazing boyfriend without letting anything get in the way of it no matter how bad I felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here is chapter 2! This is sadly going sort of dark/happy, again, but I promise there will be happy endings! Hope you all are enjoying! Love you all! xo