Status: Active ♥

Among the Stars

Your turn

He was dead... the Doctor was dead and she didn’t know what to do. She couldn’t retrieve his body or fly the TARDIS, so she was stuck on a planet that she didn’t even know the name of.

“What do I do?” Alexis asked aloud, knowing that there was no one to answer her and slamming her fist down on the console as tears streamed down her face, “Take me back... I can save him.”

Sliding to the ground, Alexis brought her knees up to her chest and jumped as something crashed against the doors. Wiping her eyes, she ran a hand over her face and frowned as the Tardis sprung to life.

The familiar whirring sound quickly stopped, signaling that it had fully materialized and Alexis cautiously approached the doors. With a deep breath, she peered outside and realized that she was back where everything had started. Keeping out of sight, she retraced the exact same path she had taken just moments before and ducked behind a stack of crates as she heard the Doctor’s voice.

“If you’re going to kill me, then do it already...” the Doctor said as the other Alexis was held back by two guards, “What are you waiting for?”

“Identify yourself,” one of the guards demanded, tilting his head to one side as he watched the Doctors every move and raising his gun.

Hearing the sound of the gun charging up to fire, Alexis broke cover and tackled the Doctor to the ground out of harm's way.

“Alexis... how?” the Doctor stammered, looking between where she had been standing moments before and where she was now.

“I have no idea, but this isn’t the time to worry about that...” Alexis replied, pulling a stunned Doctor to his feet and dragging him after her, “Run.”

The grin that spread across his face was contagious and Alexis couldn’t stop herself from returning it as they took off towards the TARDIS hand in hand, bursting through the doors as multiple guards crowded into the room. Closing the doors behind them, the Doctor rushed towards the console and began pushing seemingly random buttons.

Catching her breath, Alexis waited for the Doctor to stop and threw herself at him. Automatically wrapping his arms around her, the Doctor held her tight for a few seconds before stepping back and looking at her with a frown.

“What happened?”

“They killed you...” Alexis mumbled, unable to hide the emotions that stirred within her and swallowing past the lump that had formed in her throat.

“How did you manage to go back in time to change it?”

“It was all her,” Alexis explained, motioning to the console with her head, “After everything you’ve done, perhaps she figured that it was time for someone to save you for a change...”

“Perhaps, but you save me every day without even realizing...”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥