He’s Got His Secrets, I’ve Got Mine Too

Jack/Third Person

-June 24th 2018-

I’m six days away from death and that’s comforting. In six days people will finally be okay, happy because I’m a burden and that’s a fact. I think my facade has been amazing, no one knows and I’ve only slipped up once. I was on the bus, contemplating doing something I never thought I would, taking drugs. Specifically cocaine. And while doing that I was taking shots. “Jack you’re gonna have to chill with the drinks, we’re on stage soon.” Zack said. “It’s fine.” I say, my speech slightly slurred. “That’s us on!” Alex yelled. As we made our way on stage I took another shot and swapped my water for beer. I jumped around on stage, smiling as much as possible. “That was a great show!” Alex smiled. Warped Tour shaped me, it was one of our first tours and it feels fitting that it’s my last. “Is your arm better dude?” Alex asked me. “Yeah much better.” My speech was now very slurred. “Jay, you’re really drunk. How much have you drank?” Alex was concerned. “N-not much.” I told him. “That’s a lie. You’re not drinking anything else tonight. I’m going out with John and everyone else will be out so if you’re staying behind make sure you don’t drink anything, I’ll be checking.” Alex said. “Don’t worry man.” I left for my bunk. As I got in I found my note.

This might sound weird but give my clothes to fans, they’ll probably want them and keep the award plaques. My guitars are yours now, do what you want with them. My phone belongs to Alex, no questions asked. Zack can have all the workout shit I have. Rian can have the signed Travis Barker drumsticks.

And then I took out the plastic baggy filled with white powder, cocaine. The feeling I got from doing it was amazing, I continued drinking and taking paracetamol, Xanax and cocaine. I got up and attempted walking to the lounge but I failed and fell to the ground and passed out.

-A few hours later- Third Pov-

Alex, Rian and Zack walked into their tour bus to find Jack on the floor. “Zack can you lift him to his bunk? This could be serious.” Alex was terrified. “What happened to him?” Rian asked. “He was drinking lots earlier and his arm was burned and cut.” Alex explained. “You’ll never believe what I found in his bunk.” Zack was shocked. He held a clear plastic bag and two boxes of pills. “Pills and cocaine.” He sighed. “He probably overdosed, we should call an ambulance.” Rian said. A few minutes later and an ambulance showed up, staff and bands surrounded the area, curious on why All Time Low had called an ambulance to their bus at 3am.

Alexalltimelow tweeted-
We are currently at the hospital with Jack, everything should be fine but we’re still unsure on what happened to him.

Alex sat playing with his fingers, he was terrified. “It’s okay, he’ll be okay.” Zack comforted him. Rian walked out a few minutes later, a sad look on his face. “Overdose, they’re unsure if he’ll make it.” Rian’s usually bright, smiling face was almost in tears. “I can’t loose him.” Alex cried. 5 hours. 5 hours All Time Low waited at the hospital, only to get the worst news of their lifes.

All Time Low Tweeted-
Rest in Peace brother, we’ll miss you @jackalltimelow 1988-2018

It felt like a dream, no one wanted to believe that Jack was actually gone. They went straight to sleep that night hoping that they’d wake up to Jack smiling and laughing. They found an unfinished suicide note the next day, along with blades, lighters, alcohol and a noose. It was confirmed he was planning to commit suicide on July first but an accidental overdose took his life a few days earlier.

All Time Low Tweeted-
On June 25th 2018 at 9:22am it was confirmed that Jack Barakat had passed away from an accidental overdose. An unfinished suicide note was found, he was planning to take his life on July 1st however a drug and alcohol overdose took his life five days early. All Time Low will continue as that’s how Jack would’ve wanted it. Words cannot describe how much we will miss him. We really weren’t ready to say goodbye. Love you forever and always, you brought so much to the band and to the world, missing your smile already. Jack Bassam Barakat, June 18th 1998-June 25th 2018.