Walk Through Hell

[14]

Thuuursday.

I got my paycheck! I stopped by after school! BAM! $570. I've made more in tips, though.

We're going to start filming the scene today. Our parents should've already been home, but they extended their trip. They'll be home in one week's time. Which isn't too bad.

Me and Jake called up a bunch of our parent's business partners kids to dress up and come over. We offered them beer. We bribed them, pretty much.

Here we go...

"Alright! Now, everyone, act like professionals. Or something. Mr. and Mrs. Parker, Lynn, do you guys know your lines?" Jake asked.

They all nodded, and the party began.

Our friend Dave is filming, with his high-tech equipment.

The dance floor has been partially retracted, so there's a square of pool in the middle, with a small walkway across it. The colored lights are on.

The room was buzzing with chatter and the soft playing of music.

A glass clinked loudly and the music stopped.

"Attention everyone, we have an announcement to make!" 'Peter's' dad, Mr. Frank Petruchio, said.

"Mr. Petruchio and I have just recently combined our companies into one big coorporation!" Applause.

"Upon this decision, we have also decided that our two eldest children, Peter and Kat, who we have noticed to have been fond of each other for quite some time, shall be married!"

The camera came to a close up of me and Jake, who had just been arguing, and we were 'shocked'.

After applause, the music started up again. I ran across the bridge over the water to wear the pool continued outside.

We stopped filming, then picked back up outside.

I briskly walked over next to the pool and sat on a chair.

Jake, or "Peter", followed me.

"YOU!" I yelled, "This is all your fault!" I accused.

"Me? Yeah right!"

"You did this just to spite me!"

"Well, I can't say I'm not excited about having you wait on me for the rest of my life." He said slyly.

I approached him and slapped him.

He grabbed my wrist. "You will not treat me like that, princess." he added on.

I ripped my arm out of his and started to walk away. "I'll treat you however the hell I want to!"

"Excuse me?" he said, following me.

This engaged the fight/arguing/chase scene.

Finally, the grand finally.

"I'm getting out of this if I have to kill you myself!" I yelled at him, backing up to no avail. I was cornered by a chair.

"HA!" he huffed, grabbing my arm, "Now you'll listen to me! We are going to--" I kicked him backwards towards the pool. He took me down with him, flying into the freezing cold pool.

"CUUUT!" Dave yelled.

"Alright, I'll get this edited and I'll have it over during this weekend sometime."

"Thanks Dave!" I said, getting out of the pool, pausing before I almost gave him a hug.

He laughed.

"Yeah, thanks man."

"No problem. I"m using this as part of my filmography class project, so thank you." He smiled, "Man, I always knew you two were gonna end up together."

I stopped ringing out my hair, and Jake dropped his sopping wet jacket.

We both started at the same time.

"Oh, we're not together,"

"We're not dating..."

"It's just a school project..."

"Yeah... just some stupid English assignment."

"Oh, okay," Dave said, chuckling as he walked away. "This weekend! See ya!"

We stood there for an awkward moment.

"I'm gonna... go inside and tell everyone they can leave now."

"Good idea," he said.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a fluffy white towel around myself. I really liked Jake's shower.

I hung up my red dress to dry. I went over to the sink and started brushing my teeth.

I'd forgotten to bring clothes into the bathroom. Ah well.

I walked into Jake's connected room and walked over to my open suitcase. I bent over and grabbed a pair of plaid pajama pants and a wife beater. I grabbed my dark blue sports bra and my superman underwear. =D

I slid them on under my towel, them dropped my towel.

I was pulling my bra on, with my back facing the door, when I heard "WOAH!"

I turned around towards where it was coming from, then quickly turned back around, fumbling for my pajamas.

"Uhhh, uhm, I'm just gonna gooo..."

I turned back around. They were still there!

"Uhhh," I said, trying to find the hole on my tank top, "you gonna leave anytime soon?" Got it!

"Hey guys, don't go in my room, because HOLY SHIT!"

I was tripping into my pajama pants as Jake was trying to shut the door.

Ray stuck his foot in the door. "Why is she here?"

"Yeah, and be honest, what's been going on lately?" Ricky questioned.

"Look, my parents went out of town with his parents. Our mom's are trying to hook us up, so they didn't give me a key to my house, okay?" I said, finally breaking the silence.

"So... you've had a hot girl... staying in your room for like, two weeks... and you didn't tell us?" Ricky asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, but don't tell anyone, okay?"

"Alright, man," Ray said.

"Sooo... wanna watch a movie?" I asked.

"OKAY! HOW ABOUT ZOOLANDER?!"

"Oh my god, Ray. You don't need to scream," Jake said.

"Sorry." That was weird.

Half and hour later

"TACOOOOS! TACOOOOS!" Me and Ray were chanting.

"CHEESEBURGERS! CHEESEBURGERS!" Jake and Ricky were yelling back at us.

"ENOUGH!" Jake shouted. "There's a Burger King right next to the Taco Bell. We'll just stop by both. Okay. Me and Ray are gonna go. What do you want?"

"I want a chicken chalupa and a coke," I told him.

"Whopper meal. Coke." Me and Ricky were gonna be staying here, apparently.

"Alright. We'll be back soon. Don't kill and/or rape each other!" Ray told us.

"Soooo..."

He looked at me. "But why male models?"

I smiled, "Are you serious, I just told you.."

We laughed.

"So, you and Jake. Tell me about you guys."

"What?"

"I've seen the way you two look at eachother," he said with a chuckle.

I laughed. "There's nothing going on between me and... Jake."

"Really? Cos you two seem like you have some history."

"Well, I guess I can tell you about that," I started. "We've been neighbors, like, forever. We were best friends when we were little. We played cops and robbers together, we swam together every tuesday during the summer, I mean, I'm pretty sure they even have pictures of us in the bath tub together... when we were muuuch younger, of course."

"Mhm, sure." He laughed. "So what happened?"

"Well, you didn't move here until, what, 8th grade? So you don't remember the times we were nice to eachother. But, anyways, we got into middle school, when everything got clique-ish, and we were still friends. I hung out with your crowd because I didn't know any better, I guess, I don't know.

"Well, in 7th grade, I remember this day exactly, we got off the bus together, laughing about something stupid, and we split up at the driveways, as usual. I walked inside and my parents called me into my dad's office. That's when I found out my parents were getting a divorce. I was devastated. I ran outside to the back yard to swing. I was just staring at the ground, not moving, for what felt like hours.

"I don't know if he knew or not, but I had a feeling his parents had told him, and he came over into the backyard, asked me if I wanted to go to the creek and throw rocks. We always did that when one of us would get pissed at one of our parents. I didn't reply, so he came up to me and kneeled down, and asked me again. I looked up at him through my blurry eyes and told him my parents were splitting up. He looked at me, like he was postively miserable. I started crying, I told him that I didn't know what to do, that I was terribly depressed.

"He just agreed with me. Said he knew how I felt. I lashed out on him. Told him he didn't understand shit, that he hadn't gone through this and would never have to, and so he had no idea how it felt. I just... I was so little to have to be dealing with that and I didn't know how to accept help.

"After that, I wouldn't speak to anyone, he wouldn't speak to me, he didn't know how. I just... I started hanging out with a different group of people, then two years later I met Ben, and we just grew apart. It got to the point that we hated each other. He would pick on me, I would yell at him, call him names, you know how it goes."

"Yea. So what about lately?" He asked me.

"Well, we got the stupid assignment, and he was over at my house one day working on it, and my step-mom walked in on us in a compromising position that looked way different than it should have, and she's been trying to hook us up ever since."

"But you guys are getting along now?"

"Better than usual."

"Well, if you ask me, he likes you. I've known him long enough to know, when he acts strangely around a girl, he likes her."

"Well everyone has their suspicions, I guess."

"You're a funny kid. I thought you were gonna be some deranged lunatic. Haha."

"Heh, most teenagers are the same, they just wear different clothes." I laughed.

"Yeah. Damn, they should be back by now."

"I know. Freaks. I bet they're doing dirty things in a parking lot." I laughed.

"When they come in, we should sing the sitting in a tree song."

"Haha. Okay. Oooh, let's sing Here Comes The Bride, instead."

He laughed. "Yeah, the really annoying one."

We heard the lock clinking, "Speak of the devil..."

"And his wife?" he added. We laughed, and started our song.

The door opened.

Here comes the bride, big fat and wide.
Here comes the groom, skinny as a broom.

"Heeey! Whose the fat one?" Ray asked.

"Jake." I said.

"Oh. Ok then," he said, and handed me my taco bell.

"SWEEEET!" I yelled.

"Why do I have to be the girl! I wanna be the guy!" Jake cried.

"Fiiine. You can be the guy." Ricky told him as Jake handed him his food.

"No fair!" Ray said. "I don't wanna be the girl! Make her be the girl!"

"What!? But I'm not big, fat, and wide!" I said, taking a bite of my taco bellll <3.

"Fine, you can be here comes the bride, Damn, she's super-fine," Ray said.

"And here comes the groom, being lead to his doom!" Ricky finished.

"I would be if I was marrying her," Jake said.

"Damn straight," I told him through a mouthful of food.

We ate in as much silence as we could muster while the movie ended.

"Alright, Jake, Lex, see you guys next week, same time?"

"I'll be back at my place by then," I told them.

"Sooo. Come back anyways."

I laughed, "Maybe."

"Good." Ricky said, as if it were a final statement.

"We'll see you guys later," Jake told them.

"We all said bye, and Ricky gave me a look. I knew what he was saying with it. He wanted me to watch Jake, to prove that he likes me. Psht.

"What was that about?"

"What was what about?" I asked him.

"That look Ricky gave you."

"Uh, inside joke," I lied.

"You've known him for like, four hours, and you already have inside jokes?"

"I make friends easily!" I smiled.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," he said, "Good night." He ran up the stairs quickly, and I slugishly followed him, going upstairs to bed.
Rest in results, suckas.

Jake's POV

Maybe a shower will calm my stomach.

Me and Ray were talking in the car. I told him about how close me and her have been lately.

He thinks I like her.

I told him I definitely don't.

But I think I was lying.

I'm almost sure I was lying.

I mean, "A Walk Through Hell" was definitely inspired by her.

And that confuses me so much.

I mean, my soul is useless without her? Those words definitely mean something.

And the first song, I guess that's when she really started getting to me.

This girl is in my head.

Do I try to get her out, or try to get her to like me back?

Ricky's POV

"So what do you think is going on between those two?" I asked Ray.

"What? They said nothing."

"Do you believe them?"

He chuckled. "Not really."

"Think they've done the big nasty yet?"

"No. I don't think they're gonna happen."

"You willing to bet on that?" I'm gonna win some money.

"Okay. Time frame."

"One month."

"How about 500?"

"Alright. If they don't hook up in one month, I'll give you $500. If they do in one month, or less which I doubt it will be much less, you owe me $500. Deal?"

"You're on."

This is gonna be good...