Walk Through Hell

[17]

Shit. What am I supposed to say to him?

Do I want to date him?

Casual sex?

Just friends?

Back to hating each other?

"So..." He started, "What's our... what's our situation?"

"Well, uh, we kind of have a history of hating each other. Lately we've been getting along, which is convenient considering I've been rooming with you, not by choice, and we just, uh--"

"Sexed it up." Way to be blunt, Jake. "So, what are our options?"

"We could... just be friends?"

He stared at me, blankly.

"Or we could go back to hating each other again, if you want."

Now he looked a little angry.

"Casual sex?" I joked.

"Lex, do you wanna go out with me sometime? Like, for real?"

Uuuuh.

Say something!

Why can't I open my mouth and say something?

Anything?

"Jake..."

There we go. A little more...

"I don't think we'd make such a good couple."

He looked a little hurt.

"Right. I was just suggesting it to be a nice guy. I mean, I figured it would be weird to have just had sex, and, you know..."

"Yeah."

Now I was a little hurt. Why? Ew. Jake. Not for me.

"Alright. Well, I'm going to go take a shower."

"Cool. I have a phone call to make," I informed him. I don't really know why.

I pulled out my phone as he exited the room.

I found Sam's name and dialed. She would understand what I'm going through. And who knows, maybe she wouldn't mock me?

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hey baby, wassup?" She said, doing her Beastie Boys impersonation.

"Sam, I have boy problems."

She laughed, and started talking. But she was interupted.

"LEXIE!" I heard Jake from behind the door, coming in strong. Approaching fast.

"Is that Jake?" Sam asked.

"Lex, I lied. I really like you. Not just because we had some bangin sex last night, but because you're amazing and pretty and really cool, and I know it'll be sort of weird, but I think we should give it a shot, and I'm not giving up until you say yes, because I know that there's something between us, whether you and your skeptic self want to believe it or not. So... now or later?" He asked, out of breath.

"NOW NOW!! NOWNOWNOW!" Sam screamed on the other end.

"Jake..." I squeaked. "Jake, I can't do this right now."

He looked at me a bit crushed.

His expression changed to hopeful.

"Later." He answered his own question, smiled at me, then proceeded up the steps.

I sat there in silence, before remembering I was on the phone.

As if on cue...

"WHAT?! Why did you say no? You two are so cute! Did he say you guys had sex? When was this? Why didn't you tell me? And don't even pretend you guys didn't kiss in the theater..."

"SAM! Come pick me up and I'll explain everything. I have to be at work soon anyways."

35 Minutes Later

I heard a horn honk.

I got in the car, not even remembering walking out the door, and sat down in the passengers seat.

"Spill. I wanna hear everything."

"Okay, well, me and Jake have been getting closer lately. Thursday, we shot an English project after school. Our friend Dave did the filming for us. So we woke up on Friday, at like 11, so we decided we'd catch a movie, you were there. So I was freezing cold, he offered me his jacket, but I said no. Then he could feel me shivering, so he gave it to me anyways. I was saying thanks, and our mouths got close, and we just sort of... kissed."

"Where does the sex come in?"

I laughed. "Blunt much? Okay, so we got home, after a long awkward car ride home, and before we got inside, we were talking about the kiss, and said we'd just be friends. But then we started making out again. Like, right then. And then... it led to... well, you know."

"You've never been embarassed about sex." She said. "Are you falling for him?"

"WHAT!?" No. Nonono. "No. I couldn't be. So, Dave came to drop off our film today, and he found us... in bed... naked... and then we decided to talk about our... situation, and I suggested, just friends, then hating each other, to which he didn't reply, then he asked me out, and said it was just because we had, you know, done the nasty," she laughed, "and then you heard the rest."

"Well, sounds to me like you like him."

"I do not."

"Yeah you do. Give him a shot."

"Oh, you're just happy because of Ricky."

She laughed again, "Maybe, but I still think you should give him a shot."

Yeah, yeah. "I'll think about it." I just said that to shut her up though.

I have a long day of work ahead of me.

And I still can't get Jake out of my head...

Jake's POV

The glass steamed up. The hot water fell around me.

How did she say no?

She has to like me.

I know she does.

I got out of the shower and threw on some sweats.

I decided to wallow in self-pity like a girl, so I went down stairs and decided to watch a movie.

I put Zoolander back in it's case, and put in Fight Club.

Watching people get the shit beat out of them might be good.

But it wasn't.

This is my favorite movie, and all I can think about is Lex.

I mean, I guess I was expecting her to object at first.

That's just the kind of girl she is.

And I'm not going to stop trying.

Early in the morning,
RIsing to the street,
Light me up that cigarette,
And I'll--

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey bro." Ricky.

"Man, what's up?"

"Dude, I heard about Lex."

"WHAT? How did you already hear about that?"

"Well, she was on the phone with Sam during your little rant, and then she said Lex was pretty distraught on the ride to work, and so she called me, figuring you were too. Sam did. Called me, I mean."

"Oh." Damn. That was fast. It's only been, like, an hour.

"Yeah, so when are you gonna open your door? "

I groaned. "It's unlocked. She always forgets to lock it behind her."

I hung up.

I heard him enter the room.

"You're not gonna try to get me into another strip club, are you?"

He laughed.

"No. Re-start the movie. You weren't watching it anyways. I'm here to make sure you don't do anything stupid."

Me? Stupid? What could I possibly do that's stupid?