Walk Through Hell

[05]

I hate school. I hate school so much, I faked being sick for the last three days so I could skip it.

So it's back to Monday. The only reason I came back today is because of my stupid step-mom.

After I faked throwing up one morning, she started to assume I was pregnant.

Yeah, and since she currently thinks there's something going on between me and Jake...

So I'm back at school.

"Hello Eric, Christina."

Eric laughed.

His name is Christian. It's my little nick name for him.

He was kinda in love with me when we first met, and he introduced himself as Christina.

"Hey, where's Hailey? She hasn't called me in like, a week."

"Well..." Eric started.

"She kinda..." Chris tried.

"SHE'S GONE TO THE DARK SIDE!!!!" Alex screamed.

"Huh?"

"She's dating fucking Ray."

"What?" I turned and looked across the lawn. Sure enough, there was that fucking trader.

Trader.

Traded in her cargos for faded and pre-ripped hip huggers that hug more than her hips.

Traded in her Strokes shirt for a light pink Abercrappie and Bitch polo.

Oh, god. Her chucks for... uggs.

Blonde hair?

A pink headband?

Not even the same person.

I caught her eye and she weakly smiled at me.

I started walking in her direction, dispite what those wimps behind me were saying.

"Haylie, come on, I have something I have to tell you." I tried, grabbing her arm.

She ripped it away. "Get the fuck off of me, goth."

"W-what?"

"You heard her!" the shrill voice of Prissy Missy echoed in my ear.

"You. Shut up. You don't deserve to talk to me." I said to Missy. "You... what happened?" my tone lightened up.

"Look... I can't stand you freaks anymore. Okay?"

"Whatever. Oh, you left the Strokes tickets at my house. And you're dignity." I turned to leave.

"Excuse me? Well your boyfriend left his boxers at my house last time he uh, slept the night."

I turned back to face her. "What did you say?"

"What? You think he would stay with someone like you? Puh-lease. That's the only reason I ever stayed with you guys. I needed the money he payed me not to tell you."

I was starting to break down again. I did not need this.

"You're a bitch, you know that?"

"I'm real, hun." she said.

"Not all of you." I turned around and walked away for good.

I caught a slight glimpse of Jake and his jerk friends smirking as I whipped around.

Yeah, so Haylie's aunt and uncle are kinda filthy rich. Her aunt is a whore so she bought her a nose and boob job. She also gets a little lypo everyonce in a while. I found out when I took a peak in her medicine drawer.

I pulled out my cell phone.

"Heeeey. Mike? You at work?"

"Would I be awake otherwise."

"Damn. I needed a ride. Oh well, I'll see you at practice?"

"Yeah. Same time. Same place. I gotta go, managers on my ass again."

"Bye."

I hate Mondays like this. So part of my parent's divorce settlement was that for every two weeks I spend at my dad's, I have to spend one week with my mom.

Yeah, my mom's place wasn't as lavish as my father's.

Not that I have a problem with that. It's just that my mom isn't as lavish as my father.

She's barely trailer trash material.

She gets money from my father every month so she has a house, it's just not very nice and it's in the worst neighborhood ever.

"Mom! I'm home!" I screamed in the house after the five mile walk.

"Your mom's not home." My mom's asshole boyfriend said. Steve. What a jerk. "She's on a beer run."

"Okay. Well, when she gets home, tell her I'm here this week." my mom tends to forget I'm here. I've walked into some very unpleasant sights.

"Okay. Hey, aren't you supposed to be at school or something?"

"No, today's a holiday."

"What holiday?"

"Student holiday. Teachers have to get a day to grade papers halfway through every semester."

"Alright. Hey, get me a pack of newports." he screamed as the front screen door slammed behind me.

I walked up the road a mile to shopping center. I walked up to the kid on the corner or the supermarked.

"Hey Darius. What are you carrying today?" I asked.

"For you? All the weed you can ever want, Camels, Newports, Marlboro, Ectacy Herbal, don't let it slip I have Herbals, and pretty much anything else you want I can get by tomorrow."

"I'll take three packs of Newports." I handed him my standard price, ten bucks for three packs, and I left.

As I sucked in and lit up, all I could think about was how much life sucked right now.

I mean, I guess I'm not too surprised that Ben cheated on me, given his reputation. I'm really shocked about Haylie, though. I mean, after she found out that he was in jail, she was the one that helped me back up. Sure, it was by getting me drunk, but that's just how we do things.

I put out my cigarette as a car pulled up.

"Hey, baby, need a ride?"

"Hey, Chris." I said, getting in his car. I shoved the three packs and my lighter into my messenger bag and shut the door. "Where are we going?"

"I'm gonna take you back to school."

I tried to open the door, but he locked them. He is freaking fast.

"This is illegal."

"You skipping school is illegal."

"That's not fair! You dropped out!"

"I'm not an all AP student."

"School ends in like... two hours. I have a free period then art."

"Fine. I hate art. How about we go up to Spaids and chill then."

"Fine with me."

So that's where went. And he helped me take my mind off things with his boyish ways.

Well, until Amy walked in and they started flirting and I walked home to my mom's house.