Walk Through Hell

[06]

Tuesday was a new morning. I really had to get to school.

My mom's boyfriend doesn't have a job. I can't stay there all day.

I can't just walk around all day. It's raining today.

And I have a weeks worth of work to catch up on.

So Tuesday, I walked inside to our usual 'rainy day' hang out spot. Immediately, Austin grabbed me and stood on my left side as Chris stood on my right.

"Stay." Chris said. I rolled my eyes.

"So what else has been going on in my week of absence."

They all looked at each other.

"That boring with out me?" I joked.

Chris nodded with a sad look on his face.

"No," Alex piped in, "just been a boring week."

"Alright. So... now I'm bored." I said.

"Hey, Lexie," some guy I've never seen said to me. I gave him my 'what-the-fuck-is-your-problem' look. "I'm Sacha. From your English class? Well, I was thinking that maybe sometime we could, uh, go out. You know?"

"No, I don't know." I said, not changing my look.

He stared back at me, not expecting to get rejected. "Well... I have to go." He left to re-group.

"What the hell was that?"

"Well, It's been one day less than a week since your last boyfriend, and you just found out yesterday that he was cheating in you. In guy language, that is perfect. You see, normally, we would have to wait two weeks if we didn't want to seem desperate, one week if we wanted to be the first one because we're under-confident, but your situation is special. It's very complicated. It's an equation." Alex explained.

"I'm good at equations. Speak."

"Guy code forbids me."

"Well... what can make them stop from asking me out"

"Nothing short of dating another guy or threats to their testicles."

"Thanks for clearing that up, Alex." I groaned. Today was not going to be as easy as I thought.

"You go girl!" Eric screamed.

"What? Don't encourage her! Get her off of him!" Austin sceamed.

"No! This is getting good!" Alex agreed.

"Okay Austin, one, two, three," and the dove into the fight and wrestled me off of him. Chris used his huge muscles to take advange over my... lack of muscles and held me back while Austin asked that poor, poor soul if he was okay.

"I was only going to ask if she wanted to buy a literary magazine." he whimpered.

"See, Lexie, there is some good in the world." Chris said to me slowly.

I sneered. It's not my fault. Like, ten guys had already asked me out. I snapped.

"What do you have to say?" Austin was treating me like a baby!

I groaned. "I'm sorry."

The kid walked away and the bell rang. Austin walked with me to my next class and made sure I didn't beat anyone else up.

"Now, be a good girl and mind your manners!"

"Asshole."

I didn't think today could get any worse.

In English, our teacher made us do a write-up of all of our plans.

In math, I couldn't pay attention and I missed a formula and ten he erased it, which means I actaully have to open my book.

Art, what a waste. I got an F on my last project. Teacher wouldn't know art if bit her in her nasty balls.

Oh yeah, and guess what? Gym! That's right gym! Don't even need an explanation for that one.

So then, when my damn social studies asked me to stay after so we could 'discuss my progress' or lack there of, I missed the bus and had to walk home. It was drizzling. I didn't bring any of my clothes with me to my mom's place, so all I had were like, crappy little tight white shirts with unicorns and rainbows on them. My bra was purple. It took me like an hour to walk home and I got honked at by perverted guys in pick-up trucks.

And now? How has my day gotten work? I got a phone call before work. 3 of the waitresses are sick. I have to waitress. There's a uniform on nights when no one performs.

That's the reason why 3 waitresses are 'sick.' It's because the uniform screams "HEY! I'M A SLUT! PUSH SOME OF THOSE TIPS RIGHT DOWN THE FRONT OF MY BARELY THERE SKIRT!"

So here I am at work, where my mom's boyfriend dropped me off half an hour ago.

My tight, short black shorts is feeling lonely, considering my tight, low-cut, thin, cut up black tank top stops at mid-rib cage.

Oh yeah, and to make matters worse, my ex-best friend stepped in the door with her new little crew.

Peeeerfect.

"What can I get you guys tonight?" I asked, smiling for tips.

"Well, we'll get a pitcher of coke, a pitcher of water, and two pitchers of Dr. Woah. I mean... Dr. Pepper."

Guess when he looked up? Stupid whatsisname.

"Okay, I'll be right back with that."

Jerkofanownermakinuswearstupidclothes.

"Here you go," I said, balancing a stack of cups in one arm and a pitcher in each hand. One of the other waitresses carried the pitchers of 'Dr. Woah' for me.

"So, can I get you guys anything to eat?"

"So, Lexie, what do you think of the meatballs?" I wish I knew their names, so I could mark their graves when I kill them.

"Well, they're not my favorite, but I'm sure you'll love em. Most of the guys like you who come around here do." Score one for me!

"Well, uh... we'll take a basket of fries." sucka!

"And I'll have a loaded cheeseburger meal," Jake said very humanly for something like him.

"Okay," I jotted their orders down in my little notebook. "Anything else?"

"Do you have any celery?" Missy asked.

"Uh... usually you have to get it with wings, but I'll see what you can do."

"You know," she said to her little mini-sluts, "celery is like, negative calories. I saw it on Super Sweet 16."

"Well... if that's it, I'm gonna go put your orders in. If you need me, just holler."

I hate my job on nights like this.

We usually don't have a young crowd. Usually it's like, 40-something-year-olds who tuck their wedding rings in their pockets right behind their heavy wallets.

"Well, here you go, the cheeseburger. Basket of fries. And celery sticks. Everything in order? Okay, can I get you anything else while I'm here?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm feeling kind of hungry now, can I get some onion rings?" traiter asked me.

"NO!" one of Missy's followers might have torreights.

"Do you know how many calories are in fried foods?" a different one said.

"She'll have the fruit salad with no whipped cream and no sugar," torreights said.

"Okay." I don't think I've ever been more amused in my life. Haha. That's what you get for being a traitor.

I came back with the biggest grin on my face that was possible.

"Here's you're fruit cup with no sugar added, and, I heard it was someone's birthday today," I lied, "so here is a complimentary triple chocolate fudge sunday!" I placed the ice cream in front of the boy sitting next to her. Her pupils got wide, then her eyes glazed over. I smiled, then left, giggling in hysterics.

The night was ending, and thank god I didn't have to close tonight. I stood up on a bar stool.

"Alright, Spaides will be closing in five minutes, so pay the checks and finish your drinks. You don't have to go home, you just have to get the hell out of here!" I shouted. Jesus, what a lame saying.

"I'll go home if you come with me, baby!" the bartender screamed at you. Tonight Sammi was tending. She was under age and doing this illegally. On nights like this, she told everyone she was a flaming lesbian. She had to wear the uniform too.

"Well, I'll see you later, Sam."

"Bye, babe. If you need a ride, well, you'll have to help me close up, but I'll give you one."

"Nah, I'll just walk."

"To your mom's house? In the middle of the night? Wearing that?"

"Uh... it won't be a problem."

"Seriously, if you try to walk home, I will tie you to a chair."

"You're gonna walk home?" Jesus christ! Does he stalk me or something?

"Hey, kid, no hitting on the waitresses. Especially the ones that are mine." Sam defended me.

"Well, well, well, she has a girlfriend now!"

"Sam, I know him. He's a classmate."

"And I will give you a ride home if you need it."

I sighed. "Whatever. See you later Sam."

We walked outside together. Jeeze, it's cold at night when I'm naked.

"Uhh... I'll see you later." I said and started walking down the street.

He looked at me quizically but let it go.

Five minutes later, he drove up beside me. "Come on... I'm not that bad of a guy. And I'd feel bad if I let you walk home alone.