Walk Through Hell

[09]

[two weeks later]

So my dad's leaving. With my step-mom. For a cruise in Hawaii.

They had planned on me staying with my mom, but since her and her lousy boyfriend (who she's still with, by the way) are incompetant, I get to stay with none other than Jake. Jake's parents are going with my parents, so we need to 'stick out for each other.'

Basically, it's just two and a half weeks of staying with that jackass.

He's gone back to being a jackass.

I guess I pissed him off with that comment in the yard, because he went all pissy on me and keeps arguing with me about everything I say and do in every class. In gym, he yelled at me for running wrong.

And of course I'm going to yell back, so he's gotten me, like, three saturday detentions. WITH HIM!

Well, our parents just left, so it's me and him in his house.

His house is big. There's five bedrooms. One is currently being used as storage. One is being renovated. One is only a guest room for his aunt, because her stuff is everywhere. Which leaves two rooms: his room and his parents room.

Guess which one is locked from the outside with the key on its way to Hawaii?

Our parents want us together. Caroline told his mom who knew about the living arrangements since they had to plan them after I stopped going to my mom's and started work on her plan. Their plan.

Who would want two kids sharing a bed?

Mmm California. *rolls eyes*

"Soo... you wanna watch a movie?" he asked, heading up to his room. I followed him.

"Sure. Watchya got?"

He opened his closet. Mmmm. Anchorman.

I pulled it out and popped it into the DVD player. I went and sat as far away from him on his bad as I could. He rolled his eyes at me.

The movie started and he hit a button on his remote that shut the lights off.

The last thing I remember was the big fight scene, because I woke up with my face up to a sweet smelling chest.

Now this is something I'm not used to. Im used to a pot-drenched hoodie and zipper lines on my face. Or a naked sweaty chest. Not a t-shirt smelling like expensive cologne.

I sat up and adjusted myself. I climbed over him to the floor and stood up, being careful not to wake him. It was eight by now, and so I decided to make dinner.

I felt like tacos.

LET TACO NIGHT COMMENCE!

Heh. Maybe not.

Needless to say, sleeping beauty came down just when I was setting the table. How awkward must this seem to anyone looking in?

We hate each other and I just made us dinner for two.

Granted it was tacos.

We turned on the TV while we ate so it didn't seem so awkward. After that, he helped me load everything into the dishwasher. He walked up to his room while I got on my laptop.

I checked my myspace and updated my band's page and talked to Patrick a little bit online.

Hayley got on.

She messaged me, "Wuts up?"

"Oh, you know, just having hella fun at my dad's. Eating real food. Drinking beer. You know, the usual.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that."

"What, don't be mean to you? Cos you've been a saint to me."

"Oh, just get over it. You wish you could be popular like me."

"Being popular means having lots of friends. I've got em."

"I do too."

"Yeah, but I like mine."

She didn't reply back.

I got on CNN to look up the news.

Jake's POV

I walked up to my room. It was a weird night. A weird day, I guess. It would just keep getting weirder, too.

So, I wasn't actually asleep when she rolled over and put her arm over my stomach and her face on my chest. And maybe I didn't disturb her when she was cooking dinner because I found it amusing to see her act like a housewife.

Doesn't mean I don't hate her, still.

I walked down stairs after a quick shower. She was asleep with her lap top on her lap.

I placed it on the table. CNN. Heh. She's a funny girl.

I carried her up to my room and put her in my bed under the covers. I sat at my chair, looking out my window or a few minutes before climbing in next to her, making sure to but at least a foot between us.

What an awkward, awkward two weeks this was going to be.