Status: Completed <3

We're Going to Hell

Slipping Words

^*Saleigh’s POV*^

“I found something.” Payden said, and held the pill bottles out to me. I carefully, and hesitantly took them, looking at the label. Tape had been put over the pharmaceutical label, and R.H. had been scrawled on it. I handed Payden back a bottle and began scratching at the corner of the makeshift label. “What are you doing?” She asked, standing up and watching me.

“There’s an original label from the pharmacy under this tape.” I said, now curious as to what used to be in the bottles as I finally got the edge up so I could pull it off. I carefully began pulling the tape off, revealing half of the label.

“J-” I looked up at Payden as she started to say something, there was the sound of a door shutting, and locking; the door to this room. I turned sharply, and Payden began walking over to the door.

“What the fuck?” I said, and went over to the door that was now closed. She turned the knob, but it wouldn’t open. She stepped back and I handed her the pill bottle, and she put the both of them in her pocket.

“Someone’s here.” Payden said, and I began pulling on the door. Someone had locked it from the outside, locking us in the small room.

“Great, first you drag me out of the house at fucking crazy at night, and now we get locked in your bedroom with probably a burglar or something going through your shit.” I said, throwing my hands up. “Thanks, Pay.” I said, looking back at the door as I twisted the knob once more as hard as hard I could, hoping to force the lock out, and she shook her head.

“Say, that’s not the point.” She said and I looked back at her, my hand still on the doorknob.

“What’s the point?” I asked, pissed off beyond belief and regretting that I ever answered my phone. I need to start taking it off the hook before Zacky and I go to sleep.

“It’s not a burglar.” She said, and I looked at her oddly, for a second actually worrying that she had let everything get to her head, but then it hit me once more on why she wanted me to come along for this little expedition.

“Who was it then?” I asked, leaning on the door.

“It was-” The door suddenly opened, and I fell, letting go of the doorknob in the process, I cried out as my head slammed into the floor hard. I curled up with my hands grasping my head, the pain only worse. “Hey, come back!” Payden ran right over me, running off through the place after someone else. I shook my head slightly, hoping to make it go away, because I was not about to let her just run off by herself. I got up, dizzy as hell and having to lean against the wall. I couldn’t keep the floor from moving, and white spots from taking over my vision as I closed my eyes tightly again, not even knowing if I was standing up anymore, but the dull pain behind my eyes was killing me.

“Goddamn.” I muttered, and slowly slid down the wall, trying to stand wasn’t helping me at all.

“He’s gone.” I heard Payden say, and then footsteps come over to me. “Are you alright?”

“Totally just…you know, dying.” I said, my speech slightly slurred. I slowly opened my eyes, letting go of my head as I blinked, and the spots slowly went away. Payden cringed as I took my hands away. “What?” I questioned and she took my arm, helping me up, but I fell right back against the wall, my depth perception way off.

“You hit your head really hard, and there’s blood rushing down your face.” She said, and let me lean back against the wall as I closed my eyes again. Everything hurt my hearing. Every word, every sound, even the shuffling of my pants as slid back down in the floor.

“It’s just a cut just let me sit here for a minute, I’ll be fine.” I said, my words still not sounding quiet right as I took a deep breath, putting my head back in my hands and resting my elbows on my knees.

“I think you might have knocked something loose. You don’t sound right.” She said, and I couldn’t help but let a smirk come to my lips.

“Actually, I think I may have a slight concussion, but it’s probably from Zacky accidentally slamming my head into the headboard when he was-”

“I will leave you here.” She threatened, and I shut up, the smirk forming into a smile.

“Sorry.” I muttered.

“You’ve definitely knocked something loose.” She said and I felt her sit down next to me.

“I can’t see straight.” I mumbled, opening my eyes slightly to now blurred vision. Just the faint moonlight made the pain worse, so I was quick to shut my eyes back.

“Say, I saw him.” Payden said after a moment, and I squeezed my eyes shut tighter, my head hurting even more when I tried to think.

“Who?” I asked, and she sighed.

“You know damn well who.” She whispered. I knew then, and it almost scared me.

“You know, ghosts do exist, Payden.” I said, hoping to lighten her mood some. “Like maybe he’s too attached to his drum kit or something and doesn’t want to leave it. He’s probably protecting it from the garden gnome.”

“Nope,” She said, laughing lightly. “Nothing’s been knocked loose.”

“You need to take a straight trip head first into the floor without anything slowing you down and see if anything gets knocked loose.” I whispered, sounding like I was drunk, and she sighed.

“But seriously Saleigh, you do believe me, right?” She asked, her voice taking on a new tone. I removed my hands from my face and opened my eyes, being able to see just a little better since the pain was diminishing, but everything was still warped as fuck.

“Of course. If it came out of your mouth, I believe it.” I told her and she smiled. “And I also still believe that you and Brian are fucking because last night you drug him into his bedroom and there were noises coming from there that I still have etched into my mind.” She just groaned in response and leaned her head back against the wall. “I think everyone still has those sounds on repeat. When everything stopped I remember Matt trying to find out if you two were still alive, but he wound up just opening the door and passing out in the doorway, and Brian flung something at him. I think it was your bra.” I said thoughtfully.

“Good god.” She groaned and I couldn’t keep a smile back at the memories of the night before. I was lucky to still remember the little bits with the way Johnny and Zacky kept forcing shots of god knows what down my throat.

“Val and Zacky had to drag him outside in the end, and Val shut the door back. You owe her one for that, because you two didn’t stop.” I said and Payden just shook her head. “Oh, and did Johnny make it out of the toilet okay?” I asked, remembering something about him getting stuck in the toilet.

“What?” She asked and I shook my head, blinking again to try to get the new forming spots to go away.

“Nothing, just hoping in a way that the midget didn’t drown.” I said and she stood up.

“C’mon, let’s get out of here. I’ve got everything I need, and I feel like I’m going to be sick.” She said, and I reached up and grabbed her hand, and all the spinning and spots came back full force, making me lean onto her as I stood up.

“Fuck.” I muttered, my face in her shoulder, desperate for darkness to get the blinding spots out of my vision.

“Do I need to take the baby to the ER?” Payden asked in a childish voice as she petted my black hair and I shook my head, standing up straight. I didn’t want to open my eyes. I knew I probably needed to go to the ER with the problems I was having, but I hated hospitals.

“I’m fine.” I said and opened my eyes. “Oh god.” I groaned, blinking to try and get my depth perception back, but nothing looked right. “Shit fuck I can’t see.”

“Seriously?” She asked, her voice not joking anymore.

“Nothing’s working right.” I said, bringing my hand in front of my face, but it looked much too far away and blurry as hell. “You’re going to have to drive me home.” I said, looking back towards her, and she nodded, or at least I hoped she did, since she just looked like an out-of-focus creature. “Alright, let’s go, Chewbacca.” I said, reaching my hand out for hers because I wasn’t going to trip over anything.

“Watch it; I can walk you straight over the railing.” She threatened, and we began slowly moving forward, my legs feeling almost numb.

“You love me too much to do that, Chewie.” I told her and she scoffed.

“Not when you’re the one who can remember Brian and I sleeping together. I swear I was hoping no one remembered-”

“Oh shit! You two actually slept together?!” I asked, now all giddy and excited that she told me. “I fucking knew it! I knew you two were doing it!” I really did, because of the way they never left each other’s side, and were always together. They were living together, for fuck’s sake! Of course they were together.

“Fuck you; I thought you said you knew!” She said, letting go of my hand as her blurry form moved in front of me. I was still thinking up new ways to torture her and Brian with this.

“No way! I got out of there after Johnny began yelling for help from the bathroom and that the toilet was trying to eat him!” I said but quickly got back to the subject at hand. “You slept with Brian Haner?! Oh my god, this is great!” I said, grinning like a fool. “You and him are together now and I can torture you both to death!”

“I swear you better not tell anyone.” She said seriously and I shook my head.

“Not tell anyone?! I’m going to put in in Zacky and I’s Christmas card! ‘Merry Christmas from the Bakers and PS, Payden Harris had sex with Brian Haner Jr.’!”

“What have I done?’ She said and I blindly moved forward, hugging her.

“You just made my year.” I said, and saw something move in my line of vision. Something tall and pale, but dressed in black. Whoever or whatever it was, was watching us, seemingly aware I could see it, or her, or him or- whatever the fuck, but it also seemed like it knew I couldn’t hardly see it that well, also. Either way, it scared me. We were supposed to be the only ones in this apartment right now, and my mind kept telling me who it was, but it simply wasn’t possible. Unless my guess of something paranormal was true. “Payden,” I began, keeping my eyes on the figure, hoping maybe she could tell who or what it was. “Payden,” I continued, trying to get her to stop rambling on how she didn’t mean to fall on Brian’s dick. Sure.

“Please, just don’t tell anyone, okay? I swear I didn’t mean to sleep with-” I pulled away from her as she continued rambling, trying to focus in on the figure, but the white spots kept floating in the way. If it was who opened the door and fucked me up then I’ll kill ‘em.

“Payden, turn around.” I told her, staring at whoever it was. It was a person, I knew that much. I just wasn’t sure who. If it was a burglar I was out of here.

“What-” She stopped talking as she turned around. The form quickly began running out of the room, and I went after it, but tripped, and slammed my face into the floor once more. I barely heard Payden’s voice before I fell completely unconscious. I knew who it was then. I knew who it was, and that person’s ID scared the hell out of me. “Jimmy!”

©Saleigh.