Status: Completed <3

We're Going to Hell

Can't Be Happening

I tried to chase Jimmy down the iron wrought staircase and be able to catch him, but if it was truly Jimmy, I wouldn’t be able to catch him, and Saleigh was currently unconscious on the floor of my apartment. She only wanted me to take her home, but I thought that it was far more crucial that I get her to the emergency room, just to make sure everything in her head was alright. Well, as close to alright as it was before. I ran up the stairs quickly to where she was passed out, and hoisted her from the ground, supporting her arm around my shoulder to help support her as I took us down the stairs, and I got her into the passenger seat of Brian’s SUV. I ran back up the stairs, grabbing the things I got from the apartment, and stuffing them all in a big backpack. Along with that, I made sure to get Saleigh’s bag, and our keys. I locked the front door behind me and threw the bag into the back of the vehicle whilst I got into the driver’s seat. I started the engine, putting the SUV in reverse, taking myself out of the parking space, and went on my way to the hospital.

,,,

“Will she be okay,” I asked the nurse about Saleigh, who I hadn’t seen since I brought her in.

“Yes, she’s perfectly fine, but we’re going to have her stay overnight just to keep a watch over her,” he said. I knew that if Saleigh was currently conscious, she would be making fun of the male nurse, for the sole fact that he was a male, and a nurse.

“Okay, so you’ll call the number I wrote down on that form when she’s read to be released, right?” I asked skeptically, knowing I never had good experiences in the past with hospitals.

“Of course. Is the number yours?” The nurse asked, and I nodded, “Okay, I’ll make sure we’ll call you,” he smiled, a smile which I returned before I turned around to the exit and back towards Brian’s car. My headache was creeping its way back into my head, and I was read to crawl back under my sheets and go unconscious myself. I unlocked the driver’s door, getting in and sitting down. I sighed as I heaved the door closed, my strength slowly plummeting along with my ability to keep my eyes open. I started up the car, and got back onto the highway.

“Don’t scream,” a morphed voice rung into my ear as cold metal was being pressed to my right temple.

,,,

-Zacky-

,,,

It had been about a good 6 or 7 hours since the first time today I woke up with Saleigh gone. I’ve searched the house completely, and called her phone, only to find that she left it on her bedside table. I had called every one of the guys and Val, and when I called Payden’s, she didn’t answer. What if something was wrong? With all the shit that’s been happening lately, it wouldn’t be too much of a long shot to say that. Payden’s been acting fucking weird about everything since she got in that accident, but you can’t fucking blame her, and now apparently there’s somebody out to get her, says the brick that was nicely thrown through Brian’s window, and then Brian going missing for a day, and him not even know how or where he was. Now my fiancée was missing, and I’m on the verge of tears. All I was able to do really was pace around the living room with all of the phones right by me on the coffee table.

I must have jumped 5 million fucking feet in the air when my phone went off, and of course, I had high hopes that it would be Saleigh telling me she was alright, on her way home, or staying with Payden or something, but unfortunately, it was just Brian. My face fell as I answered his call and pressed the device to my ear, “Yeah, Syn,” I asked, my voice grave.

“Yeah, have Saleigh and/or Payden showed up at your house,” he asked, sounding slightly worried, and really pissed.

“No, you still haven’t heard from either of them,” I asked, starting to bite on my nails. I admit, I could be a little bit of a girl in these situations. Bit a little bit of a girl, I mean a lot a bit of a girl.

“Not even,” he scoffed, “Payden has my fucking car. How am I supposed to go and look for her?”

“I can come pick you up. Possibly they could be at Payden’s apartment,” I suggested, and there was a cough on the other end of the line.

“Yeah, that will have to do. This isn’t fucking good, given the circumstances, they could be in a lot of danger,” he pointed out, and I nodded.

“I’m on my way,” I said, and slipped into a pair of vans before grabbing my car keys and heading out of the door. I got in my car, and headed out of the driveway after starting the engine, not even bothering to put on my seat belt. That fucker better be waiting outside because I don’t feel like wasting any time. I looked at the time on my dash to see that it was midnight, just about. I clutched the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles began turning white. I pulled up to the sidewalk where thankfully, Brian was waiting. It was obvious he had just pulled on some clothes from his floor, which I found funny, because he was happening to be wearing Payden’s shirt from last night. How he squeezed into that, I will never know.

He got into the car, and leaned back as I resumed driving towards Payden’s apartment. I had high hopes that they would be there, but I was terrified that those hopes would just get crushed. I had the bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was horribly wrong has happened. The bad feeling was traveling up to my chest, and to my throat, meaning I wouldn’t be able to force words out even if I tried.

I pulled into the parking lot in front of the apartment, both Brian and I immediately spotted Saleigh’s car, but Brian’s was nowhere to be found.

“Where the FUCK is my car,” he steamed, jumping out of the car as I was driving into a parking space. He jogged up the stairs, and I quickly opened my door following him, not even taking the time to turn off the car. I got to the top of the stairs in time to see Brian pulling on the doorknob, which was locked, followed by him pounding on the metal door.

“Can you cut that shit out,” a middle aged man came outside of the house next to us, a disgusted look on his face as he sneered at us.

“Listen, crawl back into your shit hole, this is serious,” Brian steamed at him, and I could tell it was red.

“Boy, it’s almost midnight,” the man started walking towards us, looking pissed off as hell.

“Do I look like a boy to you?” Brian huffed, and I don’t think he realized that sentence probably did not come out how he wanted to. I covered my face a little bit as I giggled, “I will throw you across this lot if you don’t the hell out of my face,” Brian continued raging at the man, and with one last dirty look, he went back into his apartment, “Move,” Brian said as he stepped back, about to run at the door in an attempt to bust it open. He ran forward with all of his force, knocking the slab of metal clean off of the hinges as he fell on top of it, followed by him getting up on his feel like it was nothing.

“The lights are on, they were here,” I pointed out, and he looked back at me with disappointment.

“I thought we discovered that with your girlfriend’s car being parked outside.

“Just…shut up, calm down, and look for shit that might help up lead to Saleigh and Payden,” I said, starting to get annoyed, “I’ll go check the bedroom,” I said as I walked past him and down the hallway to the last room. There was blood trailing on the beige carpet back to the room, and it didn’t look completely dry, making any fear I had a whole lot worse. My steps went a lot slower as I approached the bedroom door, scared to what I would find in there.

“Hello,” a strong voice called out, “It’s the police,” I immediately looked back to see two uniformed men with drawn pistols standing in the front doorway. I quickly slipped into the bedroom, seeing a huge bloodstain on the carpet by the door. I retreated to the closet, going as far back in as I was able to in order to hide from the cops, “We know you’re in here, so you minds as well just come out before anybody has to get hu-“ I heard dead on fist to face as the person talking went silent, and even more fighting, and I emerged from the closet, and then from the bedroom. I saw Brian closing the front door and looking down at the two police officers on the ground.

“That might give us a few minutes, did you find anything,” he asked, and I walked towards him.

“There’s a lot of blood, but they aren’t here,” I said, “It’s obvious something bad has happened, and we need to figure this the fuck out now.”

,,,

-Payden-

,,,

My eyes fluttered open as I realized I was tied to a chair in a dark room. My hands were pulled behind my back, and there was cloth tied around my mouth, so I was unable to make any sound that didn’t sound like gagging. I couldn’t see more than 3 inches in front of me, and I was scared to the point where I might possibly have pissed my pants. The last thing I remember is being instructed to drive to an abandoned part of the forest, and getting the absolute shit beaten out of me.

Was this it? Were these the people that were out to get me? I tried to get my eyes to adjust to the darkness of the room, and It was possible to see just another inch in front of me…maybe. I sat in silence for another few minutes until bright lights were turned on, and I found myself in a huge empty room of an abandoned warehouse. The walls were ridged dark green metal that was badly rusted, the ground a dark gray cement. The only furniture in the room was the chair I was on. I was scared about who was in the room with me, and if this was going to be my death.

“Hello, Payden,” the same morphed voice was back in my ear, just like in the car.

“Wh-what do you want with me,” I stuttered, my voice nowhere near as strong as I wanted it to be.

“It’s not what I want from you, sweet Payden. It’s more like what I need from you. Your family has loads of money that we need,” the voice said, sounding very demented.

“Fuck you,” I hissed, the first time I was able to find my voice, and I was overly excited that it didn’t come out as a whimper as my last reply had.

“You might want to cooperate, Payden. It’s either that, or what originally was going to happen, which would be me killing you based off the amount of information you know,” the voice said cooly, as if the person was un-phased by my insult.

“Information on what,” I asked pleadingly.

“Of course I didn’t mean for you to get dragged into this, you were just a cover-up,” the voice wasn’t morphed anymore, and now a slight lisp was audible. My heart hitched and I think I almost died there from heartbreak. Tears were already falling from my eyes as the tall and pale figure stood before me, and I looked up at him, already wanting him to kill me.

“Jimmy.”

©Shannon.