Status: Completed <3

We're Going to Hell

Fur Burgers & Meat Popsicles

It hit afternoon on the next day, and I had passed out in my car despite how badly I was freaking out. Brian was passed out in the back seat, as well, he kept going on about his car, as if the fact that Saleigh and Payden hadn’t just disappeared off the face of the earth. I would have to call the cops about somebody missing…again. My mind kept going into deep and dark places, even when I was asleep, and then I nearly had a heart attack as my phone started screaming at me. I groaned as I went to ignore the call until I saw that it was from the hospital. I don’t reckon that I should talk about why I could recognize our local hospital’s number. I answered it quickly, hoping that it was about Saleigh and Payden, but that they were still alright.

“Hello?” I asked, looking back at Brian, who couldn’t be woken up even if there was a motorcycle engine revving in his ear.

“Zacky? Where the fuck is Payden? I’m so going to kill her ass,” Saleigh’s voice came in, ever so pissed off from the other end of the line.

“We don’t fucking know. Where are you? Are you okay?” I asked, turning my car on, and ready to come get her from where ever she was.

“I’m at the fucking hospital, and I need you to come get me,” she said, obviously in a very angry mood.

“I’m on my way, love you,” I said, starting up the car quickly, and speeding towards the hospital. As expected, Brian didn’t even wake up. I pulled into the huge parking lot, finding the first space I could, and I left Brian asleep in the back. I took the keys and ran to the front, ready to see Saleigh and make sure she was okay. I walked in to see her sitting on one of the chairs, her cheek rested on her hand, and she looked very pissed off. I walked closer until she looked up at me, and I saw on the other side of her head, she had a huge bandage over half of her head, which was shaved.

It didn’t look bad, I must say, including the fact that lately it’s been a huge style. Then again, Saleigh hated her hair being touched more than anything.

“Don’t you dare say one word,” she scowled as she stormed past me to the exit.

“What happened, Say?” I asked, following her trying to match her pace. She didn’t know where the car was parked, so I had no clue where she was walking to.

“I busted a vein in my head when I was slammed into the floor thanks to Ji – some random fucking person that tried to kill Payden and I when we went into her apartment. Where is that cunt anyways, I’m going to rip her face off. I’ve been stuck here for HOURS because she wouldn’t answer her fucking phone,” Saleigh seethed.

“Somebody was trying to kill you two – wait. You don’t know where Payden is?” I just now noticed that she wasn’t around.

“I woke up in the hospital. The male nurse said she brought me here then went home,” the scowl still didn’t leave her face.

“She – never went home,” I said, my eyebrows furrowing, and her face distorted into confusion.

“What?” she asked, “Maybe she went back to her apartment,” she suggested, and I started walking to where I parked the car, expecting her to follow.

“No, we’ve checked there at least 10 times from the time of 11 last night until about 2 hours ago,” I said, “looking frantically for you two.”

“We’ve,” Saleigh said in confusion, “did you go fucking mental? Are there voices in your head? Maybe I need to check you into an asylum like I’m sure I need to do to Payden.”

“Brian and I,” I cleared up, “But who tried to kill you two last night?”

“Um, I don’t know,” she said, and I could tell she was lying, but I wasn’t going to push it right now. Later, of course, because if somebody was trying to kill them, and she knew who, I figure it was a little important, at the least. We finally approached the car, and I saw the look on Saleigh’s face as she looked at Brian through the back window right before she got into the passenger seat.

“What was that look for?” I chuckled as I slid into the driver’s seat, and she looked at me like she was about to throw up.

“I’ll tell you about it when we get home, but right now, we have to find Payden. She’s either out hiding somewhere, or in serious danger. After all, there is somebody out to get her.”

,,,

Payden

,,,

I broke down as he left the room. Jimmy wasn’t dead. He was alive. He used me. He never loved me. Was he ever really even my friend? If he planned on taking me like this, then why did he leave me that note? Where he tried to make it seem like everything was okay? Now he had me in the palm of his hand. Not only did I love him, still, even after this, but he was using me, and if I didn’t cooperate, he would kill me, and possibly my friends – his friends.

I sat alone in the huge and empty room, not being able to move from the chair since all of my limbs were tied to the chair. He – I couldn’t even dare think, much less say, his name – turned the light off on the way out of the room, taking away my ability to see anything, as well. I let out my sobs as all of my physical and mental pain got the best of me. How did I ever get myself into the horribly fucked up situation? My parents had been completely right about him this whole time. He was no good, he was evil. I started questioning who else was in on this. Brian? Matt? Saleigh? Zacky? Johnny? Val? How many of them had known about this?

Like it mattered, I’d probably be dead within the next week. He’d kill me with his own bare hands, I’m sure. I couldn’t give him the money he wanted, I just couldn’t. How was I supposed to get my parents to give me any amount of money for a reason I couldn’t explain to them for. Tell them my ex boyfriend who’d died is actually a broke drug lord who used me is keeping my life for their money, and if they don’t give it to him, he’s going to die? Hah. They’d either laugh at me in the face, have me put in a mental facility, or both. I hadn’t been on good terms with them since the fight we had when Jimmy moved in with me.

I was shocked when a piece of cloth was put over my mouth, whatever had been on it caused me to pass out, and my world went black.

,,,

Brian

,,,

“There’s no possibility that we’re going to find her tonight, no matter what pace we go,” I stated, and Saleigh and Zacky both looked at me like I had lost it.

“My best friend’s out there. We’ve got to find her,” she gave me a death glare and I backed off a little bit.

“Okay, okay, I see where you’re getting at. But at least we could go home, get some showers, eat something, and get a little rest, and then resume looking for her. It’s 2 in the fucking morning, for shit’s sake. Zacky and I have been looking for over 24 hours, and we’ve only found you. The annoying one,” I said, earning a pat on the face from Saleigh’s knuckles.

“Listen fuckoff, we’ve got-“ she started threatening me until Zacky cut in.

“Saleigh, maybe it would be a good idea to go home and get some rest. We have no chance of finding her if we’re all just zombies. We’ll just be driving around until we wreck or something. If Payden’s alive now, she’ll still be alive in a few hours, and nothing is going to change that.”

“Yeah, accept maybe a gun wound, or a stab wound, or head trauma, or a broken neck,” Saleigh started, until a huge yawn erupted from her mouth, “yeah, we can’t stop searching.”

“And we won’t stop searching,” I assured her, “Just need to get some rest,” I begged, so close to passing out, and she seemed to think about it for a few minutes.

“Fine,” she grumbled, crossing her arms.

“Great, and I’ll call Matt and Johnny, and they can help search,” Zacky offered, and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, that would be a good idea,” Saleigh agreed.

“So go by my house and drop me off,” I said, leaning back in the back seat of Zacky’s car.

“Yes, princess,” Zacky said, heading off towards my house.

,,,

Zacky

,,,

I was so happy to have Saleigh back, and to know that she was safe, although I was still going to get to the bottom of who was trying to kill them. I had to push it, I just had to, and I was going to do it after we got some rest. I was driving to the house we shared after we dropped the feminine jerk off back at his apartment when Saleigh erupted into laughter. All I could do was look back and forth between the road, giving her looks like she was out of her fucking mind.

“The fuck is wrong with you,” I asked, sure that maybe she lost a bit of sanity.

“Oh my, Zacky, I can’t – Za – Oh my god, you’ll never believe this,” she could barely get out her words, and she was wiping tears from her eyes.

“I won’t be able to if you don’t tell me,” I suggested, almost laughing at Saleigh.

“Pay – Payden had her fur burger checked up on by Brian’s meat popsicle,” she managed to get out, and I couldn’t stop myself from laughing. I don’t know which one made me laugh harder, the fact that Brian and Payden had sex, or the metaphor Saleigh had just put it in. I had to pull over on the side of the road, because I couldn’t breathe at how hard I was laughing, and it was very possible that I would have crashed and killed us. I was wiping tears from my own eyes in no time. Finally I was able to breathe again, and continue getting back to our house which was only a minute or so away.

,,,

“Saleigh,” I said while she was eating her bowl of cereal. It was 8 in the morning, and we were going to start looking for Payden again. I thought now would be a good time to try and get that bit of information out of her.

“Hmm,” she said, not taking her eyes from an episode of Friday Night WWE that she recorded to the TV.

“I need you to tell me who tried to kill you,” I said, staring at her intently, and her eyes darted to my face then back to the TV.

“I told you, I didn’t know them,” she pressed further with her lie, and I shook my head even though she wasn’t looking at me.

“Babe, we’ve been dating for about ten years, and I’ve known you a lot longer than that. I know you’re lying to me, and if somebody’s trying to hurt you, and you know who, I want to ki – know who they are so I can do something about it,” I urged on, and she was hesitant.

“I – I can’t tell you, Zacky,” she didn’t look me in the eye when she said it, and I sighed.

“Why not? Why are you trying to protect this person?” I said, starting to get angry.

“It’s a lot more than that, Zacky. Please, just, I’ll tell you, but not – not now. Please,” she begged, this time looking at me, a plead in her eyes, and I sighed, putting my head in my hands in frustration. I felt her put her arms around me, and kissed me on the cheek as she rested her chin on my shoulder, “I love you, I do, and I’m happy you want to protect me, but I can’t tell you about this. At least not yet. If I tell you about it now, you’ll think I’m fucking insane, and Payden, too.”

“I think you both are already off of your rockers,” I stated through my hands.

“Come on, let’s go get Brian,” she insisted, “I want to find her. Then I’ll think of a way to try and explain this whole cluster-fuck to you. I promise.”

“Are you sure?” I looked up at her and she nodded.

“Yes. I love you,” she smiled.

“I love you, too.”

©Shannon.