Status: Completed <3

We're Going to Hell

A New You

“Maybe you should answer it, just once,” Jimmy suggested, wiping the sweat from his forehead. I glanced over at my vibrating phone on the bedside table, which had been going off all morning. Most of the calls were from Saleigh, but I still didn’t answer any of them. Jimmy and I had planned on going over to Matt and Val’s later on for the Christmas dinner they always had since they lived together, anyway.

“Nah,” I looked back at Jimmy, and shook my head with a smug look, “She’ll live,” I said.

“You sure?” he asked, a grin growing on his face.

“Yep,” I nodded, and he began thrusting again. Yeah, this was a day in the life for us. We were never able to keep our hands off of each other, and this is what it always led to. He collapsed on top of me once he had finished, and we just sat there, trying to get our breaths back to normal, “So maybe now we should take a shower and go over,” I suggested, and I could feel him nod, his sweaty hair moving all over the side of my face.

“Good idea,” he said, breathlessly. We got out, and walked to the bathroom. I don’t know how Jimmy did it, but he was able to just walk right into the cold water, but I just stood outside of the tub until he told me the water was warm. I stepped in, and wrapped my arms around his torso, and his wrapped around my shoulders. This is why our showers were so long, we just sat there and held each other. I had to admit, I was in love. Everything about him was just so perfect, just so…mine. I couldn’t ever stand being away from him. I’ve never been in love, so, I only assume this is what it felt like. Eventually, we actually started cleaning ourselves, and dried off once we had gotten out. I was tempted to crawl back into bed, and go to sleep, but instead, I pulled on a pair of tight black skinny jeans, and threw on a black undershirt. I slipped into my completely black converse, and pulled on a Nightmare Before Christmas sweatshirt.

“What,” I asked Jimmy as he stared at me, pouting.

“I just…I don’t like this new look,” he told me, and I continued my questioning look.

“What new look,” I was puzzled. I’ve always dressed like this.

“The one with clothes,” he said, adopting a childish tone.

“Oh jeez,” I kissed his nose and ruffled his hair, which I was only able to do since he was sitting at the edge of the bed. He hugged my waist, keeping me close to him.

“I love you, Jimmy,” I said, absentmindedly. Those words hadn’t ever been exchanged between us, and as I said it, it felt so natural.

“I – uh – love you, too,” he mumbled the last part, and while I wanted to question how he said it, I decided to brush it off.

“We should go,” I quickly changed the subject, started to regret telling him my feelings.

“Yeah,” He sighed and got up, “Can we drive my ‘Vette,” he asked, hopeful, and I giggled, knowing this was coming.

“As long as you don’t kill us,” I agreed. He did almost kill us. Twice, and the ride is only about four minutes to Matt and Val’s. I didn’t scream or tell him to slow down, I only clutched on to the seats for dear life. He had a toothy grin on the whole time, and I was starting to think he was trying to kill us. I made a note to myself that I would never ride in a car with him again as long as he was driving. Never. Again. He sloppily pulled into the driveway, and I jumped out of the car, and was tempted to kiss the ground, “Oh, baby, I won’t ever take you for granted again,” I said, stroking the grass. That’s when I noticed Saleigh’s own converse right in front of me.

“I always knew there was something wrong with you,” she said. I looked up at her, and slapped her calf, causing her to snort, “ow,” she said sarcastically, then smiled. She helped me up and brought me into a hug, “I thought I was never going to see you again,” she joked, and I shook my head faintly.

“I’ve been studying,” I told her. I have actually been studying a lot for school.

“Yeah, studying Jimmy’s penis,” she scoffed as we walked into the beige house. The inside was elegant, and of course, decorated. Valary was always into decorating, and making sure things always looked nice, and it was something she was always good at.

“You two,” I heard her voice, and Saleigh and I turned our heads towards her. She had a smile on her face, flattered by the curls in her blonde hair. She was wearing a casual dress that went down to her knees, and heels. All three of us were rather the same length, so her heels made her just a little bit taller. Saleigh and I, however, worshipped the art of jeans, tees, and converse. I played with the ends of my dark purple hair as I looked at her innocently.

“Whatever broke, it was Saleigh,” I said, my lips curling up into a smile as I swung my hips around nonchalantly, causing Val to chuckle.

“You bitch,” Saleigh glared at me, making me feel that perhaps she did break something.

“You-“ I started off, but Val interrupted me.

“Nothing broke,” she laughed, “I just wanted to say Merry Christmas,” she brought us both into a tight group hug, and I felt my lungs caving in on me.

“Can’t…..breathe,” I managed to say before she let us go.

“I’m sorry. It’s the spirit,” she said, excitedly. That was one of the things I loved most about Valary, she got excited about anything and everything, and while she was like everybody’s mother, she was so fun to be around. Every time I was unable to get Jimmy from a holding cell, Valary was always the one who went to go do it. She was basically always there for me, Saleigh, and the boys, “Also, Michelle’s here,” she told us, and my smile grew. Michelle was also a lot of fun, but she drunk a lot. She wasn’t an alcoholic, but she liked to party and get drunk. As much as I also liked that life, I managed to stay away from it as much as possible, because of the fact that I was currently in school to be a lawyer, and that’s what I had always aspired to be. The last thing I need was to get arrested, and have that on my record.

“That’s good, I bet Brian’s happy,” I suggested, wriggling my eyebrows, causing her to laugh. This is when I noticed that Saleigh had walked off. It was probably to fuck with Michelle. I never knew what happened, but she disliked Michelle, a lot. Sometimes I think it had to do with Zacky, but most of the time I doubted it. Michelle never really started anything with Saleigh, but Saleigh had no problem starting anything, “I should probably go find Say, before she causes complete destruction to your house,” I told her, and she nodded. I walked around through the rooms until I found her, looking around, probably for Michelle, “Hey,” I tapped her shoulder, and she spun around.

“Have you found her, yet,” she asked, and started looking through the crowd. There was always a small party here before the dinner, and a lot of people left before that, which is usually kind of the plan.

“Maybe you should leave her alone, this time. It’s Christmas,” I said, and a frown fell on her face.

“But-“

“No,” I raised an eyebrow, and gave her a very stern look, “Not today,” I felt like a mom, but, I felt maybe she shouldn’t pull anything today.

“Fine,” her shoulders fell, and she started biting down on her lip, “I should go find Zacky,” she said, and I nodded.

“I should go find Jimmy,” I agreed, and we started searching together. Chances are, those two would be together, taking Jack Daniel shots right now. We went into the basement, where sure enough, the two were hiding out with their own personal bottle of Jack Daniel’s, and their shot glasses in hand. The bottle was almost full, so they had just started.

“Hey,” Zacky’s face lit up once he saw Say, but Jimmy looked kind of…nervous. I walked over to him, and put a hand on his shoulder.

“Hey,” I said, more to him, “What’s up,” I asked, kind of worried, and he looked up at me, and his facial expression changed to pleased, which I could tell was fake. I would find out what was wrong tomorrow, I swore on it.

“Nothing, just feel kind of sick,” he said. Usually, I wouldn’t believe that, but because of the fact that he barely ever ate, just stopped drugs, and never left the house, it was very possible that he could have something wrong with his stomach.

“You want to pick up some medicine on the way home?” I asked him, stroking his neck with my thumb, and he nodded, “Okay,” I kissed his forehead, and heard gagging noises coming from Saleigh. I found the time to flip her off, and a grin landed itself on her face.

“My rock doesn’t roll that way,” she joked, and I rolled my eyes.

“You know I’m not gay,” I bit back, a smile crawling on my face, and then her eyes fell on Jimmy.

“Sure,” she said slowly, her eyebrows raising.

“Guys,” Val yelled down the basement stairs, “I’m kicking everybody out in like, 10 minutes, then putting dinner out,” she told us, which was good, because I was starving. I’m sure somehow, Matt got dragged into cooking all day, either that or he hid out at somebody else’s house so he didn’t have to. There are two sides of Matt, the one where he doesn’t like to do anything, and the one that kisses up to Val. It was actually quite funny, actually.

“FINE,” Johnny yelled, before stomping down the stairs. We all looked at him like he was growing a penis out of his head, wondering what he was yelling about. He spotted us, and put his hands on his hips, “I was watching her kick everybody out, and she just got pissy with me,” he huffed. I had the feeling he wasn’t being fully honest, because Val never really gets pissy.

“No, you were making fun of everybody for having to leave,” Brian said as he was coming downstairs. I was surprised to see that Michelle wasn’t right behind him.

“Well, it’s their fault they aren’t us,” he stuck his lower lip out, and we all laughed.

“Where’s Michelle,” Zacky asked, and I could see Saleigh glaring at him out of the corner of my eyes.

“I’m avoiding her,” Brian said, bluntly. Saleigh got up and went over to hug him.

“My man,” she smiled up at him, and Zacky got an annoyed look on his face.

“Are you going to keep up with this forever, babe? What did she even do to you,” Zacky asked.

“I really don’t want to talk about it,” she shrugged it off, and sat down on the old battered couch that was down here, “It’s a long story, and I don’t want to relive the memory on how that bitch fucked me over,” she said, venom in her voice.

“Okay, just, no trouble,” I said, not wanting a catastrophe during dinner.

“Fine,” she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest and slumping back into her chair.

,,,

“That was really good, Val,” Michelle smiled at her sister.

“No, Val, that was AMAZING,” Saleigh adopted a grin on her face, and I slapped my palm to my forehead, dragging it down my face. There had been no problems all night, and I was starting to think that maybe – just maybe – Saleigh wouldn’t start something. Why was I so stupid to believe that? I saw Val sigh, and rest her head on the table. This had happened every year, and I had props out to her for not killing both of them. I decided to take action. I got up from the table, and walked over to Saleigh, grabbing her from under the shoulders, and dragged her out of the house, despite her protests of kicking and screaming. I started walking with her down the road to her house, giving her some time to cool off from whatever made her mad.

“I thought we agreed, no trouble,” I said, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

“I don’t know, I just, she irks me,” she shook her head, and I moaned.

“Okay, but, can’t you act mature, just for once, for Val?” I begged, and her shoulders slumped.

“I tried,” she assured me, “Did you not see the dirty looks that whore was giving me during dinner? I’m surprised I didn’t jump over the table and attack her. I would call her ugly, but she looks like Val, and…there’s no winning,” she sighed as we approached her front lawn.

“This needs to stop,” I told her, feeling sorry for Valary and Matt right now. Valary for being frustrated, Matt for later on having to make her happy again.

“I just, I won’t come next time,” she said, and I shook my head.

“No, just, the bickering, fighting, evilness and hate just, leave that here,” I pointed at her house, and she rolled her eyes, a smile creeping onto her face.

“You’re such a retard,” she laughed, and I put my head in my hands.

“Yeah, I’M, the retard,” I retorted, “But I’m going to go get Jimmy and go home, it’s getting late, and I’m-“

“Horny?” she cut me off, and I put my hands on my hips.

“Tired,” I corrected her.

“Mhmm,” I knew the sarcastic remarks were coming, so I turned around and started back towards Val’s house. Jimmy was waiting by his new car, his arms crossed over his chest.

“I thought I would have to come get you,” there was no emotion in his voice, and that was worrying me. He was always so animated. But he did say he didn’t feel good. I got in the car, and we stopped at CVS Pharmacy, so I could get his medicine. He was kind of out of it the whole rest of the night. When we went to bed, he was on the other side of the bed. I was only hoping that this was because he didn’t feel good.

“Goodnight, Jimmy,” I whispered under my breath, unsure if he heard me or not.

©Shannon.