Status: A story about love, life and value.

Undying Love

A New World

I was waiting for a train at a subway system with my packed bags standing next to me. That was before I woke up in a small white room, wearing all white clothes. I stood up slowly and beheld a table that lied in front of me. As I walked toward it, I saw three empty potion bottles. Then I looked around and in the distance, I saw a man walking to me. As he got closer, I realized that this was no ordinary man, but an angelic one.

He, as I, was wearing all white. "Gino" he said to me, I stood confounded. "You know my name?" I asked him, he grinned, "Yes. I know a great deal about you". "How?" I asked, the Man grinned once more, "You can call me Samuel" he said. I glanced around, and then I glanced back at the Man, "Where am I, Samuel?" I asked him, Samuel took a look at the three bottles that sat upon the table, "Follow me, Gino" he said. Then, he started leaving the white room. I waited behind, thinking about whether I ought to go with him or not. I saw him look back, "Well aren't you going to come?" he asked, I took a full breath and started strolling to him.

Outside of the white room there was a delightful field of simply green grass and lofty blooms. I marveled about how excellent everything was. "Samuel!" I said boisterously, he glanced at me, "Is there an issue?" he asked, my eyes grew wide, "Yes there is an issue! I don't know where I am!" I shouted, Samuel stopped walking, “Gino" he said, "Before you got here, you were waiting to get on a train, but where were you planning on going exactly?”. I took a gander at the ground, attempting to recall where I was going, and after that it hit me, "I was going.." I delayed for a second, "Wherever the train took me". Samuel took a look at me, "You were trying to get away from your life. You were trying to get away from all the pain and suffering, you were trying to start over” he said, I gazed toward the sun which was sparkling so brilliant upon the field I was in. Perhaps he was right.

I began to feel afraid, as this man, this angel who I had never seen before, seemed to know quite a lot about me. He seemed to know where I was at beforehand, and who I was. It brought me great fear. Then I looked over at him, and spoke, “Who are you, Samuel?” I asked. He looked upon me, “You do not know now, but soon you will know who I am” he said. Then he turned back around and continued to walk. I followed him.

All of a sudden, the ground began to shake and the light sky became dark as the night. I watched as a black cloud of dust formed from the sky and began descending to the ground. I ran quickly and looked at Samuel, he was still standing in the same spot, looking at me, and shaking his head, “Gino” he said calmly. “Samuel!” I yelled, then I looked upon the dust and saw that it was getting bigger, my heart was beating fast, then I felt something in my hand, and when I looked thereof, there was a large sword placed, but I did not know how it got there.

I lifted my sword against it, still afraid. “Let go of your fear” Samuel said to me, I was breathing hard, then I closed my eyes and allowed all of my fears to exit my body. Then I opened my eyes again, and the darkness was gone. The sky returned to it’s normal state. I smiled and ran to Samuel, “What was that?” I asked, Samuel took a deep breath, but he did not answer my question. Instead, he just began to walk away.

I was standing still, he looked at me, “Well aren’t you going to come?” he asked. I quickly caught up to him and we continued our walk through this world, this world that I was a stranger in.