The Values of Love

An adventure worth a thousand words

“MUM! WHERE THE HELL IS MY BIKINI TOP? IT WAS IN THE WASHING YESTERDAY!” Krista yelled down the stairs of her 2 story, 6 bedrooms, and more bathrooms than you could count, mansion. She marched around her football field sized bedroom and pulled all the clothes out of the big black suit case she had been packing for the last few days. There were pairs of jeans and shift flying left and right, landing on computer desks and three quarters of her closet was now strewn over her lush cream carpet.

“GOD! I know its here somewhere I seen it yest…oh here it is” She pulled the little blue bikini off the top of her four poster bed and tossed it into her suit case. The sound of Chris brown’s sweet voice rang loud from the pink phone on her bed…unfortunately it was unable to be seen. Once again clothes flew through the air as the skinny blonde searched for the vibrating piece of junk she was determined she would eventually get rid of. As she flipped open the cover two girls chorused through it almost making her cringe in pain “HEY GIRL!”

“HEY CHIKA’S! I hope you two are packed and ready because we leave in 4 hours, WATCH OUT SPAIN HERE COME THE TERRIBLE TRIO,” The girls laughed but got back down to business “So, what are you going to wear Krista?”

Krista looked down at her newly manicured fingers and smiled “Well I don’t know whether to go with the baby blue tank top with denim skinnies OR the precious pink lacy with that tight little skirt I bought the other day…what do you girls think?”

“Baby and Denim…Definitely the Denim.”

“Sweet, so when would you like me to pick you up? I’m going to get daddy to drive us to the airport,” Krista asked her two best friends

“We should be ready soon, so when you’re finished shoving all those clothes back into your suit case, we’ll be waiting”

Krista looked puzzled “But how did you…”

“Girl we know you too well” After there second laughing session the girls said goodbye and Krista went back to throwing clothes into the tight little space.

The black limousine pulled up in front of the worn out, old house and it wasn’t long before two girls came bouncing down the rough driveway. The shortest of the girls turned back towards the house and gave a wave to the woman standing at the door “Bye mama!” The little old woman wiped the tears from her eyes and waved back

“Bye Sweetie, don’t go getting into any trouble” The three girls pushed open the sun roof on the limo and Melanie yelled back to her mother “What trouble could three 18 year old girls possible get into” They all laughed in unison as the car drove down the street, little did they know this trip was going to be the trip of a lifetime, not only testing there friendship but their trust and loyalty to each other.

The beeping continued as the plane fell silently from the sky, the world below oblivious to the destruction it would cause. Fire coursed through the engines and up the wings to the fuel tanks. Sarah screamed, her friends now sitting lifeless beside her. She cried out begging for someone to help her but her long auburn hair muffled her pleas. She tugged violently at the seat belt that was wrapped tightly around her skinny frame, why had she done it up so tight at take off? ‘This trip was a stupid idea anyway, I never wanted to go in the first place’ she thought to herself as she ripped at the material on the belt. Before take off Sarah reluctantly agreed to take the window seat because both of the other girls got sick if they saw how high up they were. All she could see now were black clouds and lightening, the rain pelted on the sides of the so called “safe” plane. A clap of thunder made her shriek and she pulled desperately at the belt once again but like before it remained stuck. Sarah flung her hands out to the chair in front and pulled urgently at it trying to pull herself free. Suddenly everything started to shake, her body was being flung around but the sound of Mel’s voice could be heard over the screams of the other passengers “Sarah…SARAH! CALM DOWN! SARAH, WAKE UP!” Sarah’s eyes opened groggily and she wiped the sleep from her eyes “What?” she questioned. She looked up to find both girls staring at her “What?” She asked again.

“You were screaming” answered Krista “You were scaring everyone saying ‘the plane is crashing! Save me!” Mel grabbed Sarah’s hand and stroked it,

“Are you afraid of flying Bunny?” She asked her, Sarah nodded reluctantly. Mel hugged her tightly from the next seat “Why didn’t you tell us then, we would have given you some pills or something”

“Because I didn’t want to make a big deal out of it that’s all,” She picked up the water bottle under her seat and took a long needed drink from it “It’s ok, I’m fine now” She smile sweetly at her friends and put her head back up against the chair. There was an awkward silence until Sarah broke it and asked “So where are we landing anyway?”

Krista pulled out the big, black handbag and rifled through the papers that inhabited it “Umm, well we should be landing in Madrid in about 30 minutes. After that daddy has got a car waiting for us to take us to our luxury 5 start hotel,” Krista gave a cheeky grin and all three girls squealed quietly.

The tires of the plane squealed as the rubber made contact with the hot tarmac on the runway. The girls stepped out of the plane and faced the warm sunshine of a different country. Somehow this sun was different to the one back home, it felt warm and much more inviting. Just like Krista had said, the black limousine waited outside the airport. “So girls, we are the 18 year old females in a macho man world…what will we do?” Sarah said sarcastically. They stood up on the inside of the car and waved to the new world out the sun roof. Madrid was HUGE! There were thousands of people moving together, going about there daily business. Soon the car pulled up outside the Luxurious Hotel Ritz and a handsome young Bell boy offered to take their bags. Fortunately Mel had done four years of advanced Spanish and she just happened to have Spanish heritage, so she answered him in the most polite voice she could. The owner stood at the counter and welcomed the three young girls with open arms “CHIKA”S! Welcome to my beautiful hotel,” He reached out to Mel and pulled her into a tight hug, when he let her go he stroked her face “Ah my little sobrina (niece), Look how you have grown”

“Tio Rico (rich uncle), it has been to long,” They both smiled warmly to each other but there was an awkward silence between the other girls. Mel turned back towards the girls and laughed at the look of confusion on their faces “Te presento a mi ti,” She laughed again when the look of confusion amplified “Girls, I’d like to introduce my uncle. This is the reason why I asked to stay at this hotel; here we can get a discount because my uncle owns this place” Sarah started to understand now and she took Mel by the hand “Let’s book in shall we?” Carlos turned around and boomed instructions to the bell boy; he picked up their bags and motioned for them to follow. The door clicked as the room accepted the key. The room inside was huge, red velvet curtains hung off the walls, soft carpet hugged their feet as they walked in. Mel gave a tip to the handsome you boy and smiled sweetly,“Disfrute de su estancia.” He gave them a bow and walked out the door. Krista and Sarah looked at Mel “he said ‘enjoy your stay’. I think I’m going to have to teach you girls some simple Spanish” She laughed. Krista piped up and said “Can you tell me how to say ‘where’s the pool’?”“donde esta piscine” She shot back.
Krista smiled and repeated “donde esta piscine!”