Status: Hang on to something, you're in for one heck of a ride!

Got to Get You Into My Life

Got To Get You Into My Life

Emma lay across her Grandmother's bed, clinging to her pillow. All the pictures on the wall, all her books, and keepsakes..., Emma wanted to hang onto them all, as if she did, somehow, in some way, her grandmother never really died.

Finally, she sat up, wiped her eyes, and looked around the room. There were so many memories here, of all the places she had gone, all the things she had seen..

Emma thought of her own life, how she had rarely left this small farm, such as it was. There were her dog and cat, plus a few other animals. She loved them all, and It was all she had ever known. She never really knew her father, as he had died when Emma was two.

With the help of her mother, Mona had raised Emma on her own. And she clung to her, maybe too tightly, as if, if she did, maybe she wouldn't lose her, the way she had lost her husband.

Emma never knew what had happened to her father, no one had ever told her. Whenever she tried to ask, her mother would start crying, and that was the end of that. Eventually, she stopped asking.

Still clutching the pillow, she got up, and wandered around the room, feeling herself drawn to the bookcase, she slowly read the bindings till she came to something interesting... It was a small book, not really fitting in with all the rest of the books. She gingerly pulled it out, and held it in her hands. On the front was the word journal.
"Ahh...it's Grandma's journal!" She whispered to herself, careful not to make too much noise, as her mother might come up, and take it from her.

Opening it up, she saw the first page..
The hand writing was not her normal, neat hand writing, so Emma realized it must be when she was a child.

She closed the book, just as gingerly as she had opened it, and crossed the room, and opened the door.

Stepping into her own room, she got comfortable, and started to read. She read until her mother called her down for dinner.
After dinner she picked up the book again....

This time she decided to leaf through it a bit, till she found one particular entry that puzzled her...

"August 10th, 1964... I saw this lovely couple while sitting in Hyde Park this evening. Something about these two got my attention. He wants to hold her hand, but for whatever reason, she won't let him. He's such a gentleman, he won't force her, but I can tell he really likes her. Trust him honey, he won't hurt you!"

"Oh, that's so sad! I hope the girl eventually lets him hold her hand!" But it was weird, today was August 9th...

She put the journal up, and went to bed.

Later that night, strange dreams awoke her... Sitting up in the dark, she sighed, and got out of bed. There was a full moon out tonight...then why did it seem to be raining in the back yard?!

She slipped on a pair of shorts, as she was already wearing the same sleeveless top she went to bed in, and tiptoed out of her room, down the stairs, and out the back door.

It was in fact raining in the back yard, but only in one spot! "Hmm that's weird!"
"Huh? What's that? Who's there?!" The male voice strangely came from the other side of the rain.
"Hello, who's there?" She was asking this time. She peered through the strange looking rain, and a face appeared.

"Who are you, and why are you in my back yard?!" "What?! Luv, I'm not in your back yard. I'm in the park, and I don't understand what's going on!"
Why did that voice sound British? This was Texas!

"Listen, I couldn't sleep, so I came out for a bit of a walk. I...I came up on this!" He ran his hand across it, and so did Emma..

"Hmm... I wonder what would happen if I did this..." Suddenly he plunged his hand through the rain, coming out on her side.

"Hey, you there, take my hand.." Emma stepped back, and shook her head..

"No!" With that said, she ran back inside, shut, and locked the door. Leaving the strange rain, and the boy with his hand stuck through it, on the other side.