Status: Hang on to something, you're in for one heck of a ride!

Got to Get You Into My Life

Got To Get You Into My Life

It was a day like any other..... Breakfast cooked, dishes washed, clothes washed, and hung out...
The chickens had been fed, and the house had been cleaned from top to bottom. It was only noon, and Emma was already tired.

Walking out onto the front porch, she fell back onto the swing. Kicking her legs back and forth, she created a slight breeze. Would anyone miss her if she went upstairs to take a nap? Yeah, probably.... It was a nice sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, and hot!
Man, was it hot! 101 in the shade, too hot to be working the way she had been, but stuff had to be done, and with her mom tending to her sick Grandmother, most of everything else got left up to her.

Emma Isabella had been named after her Grandmother, who was born in 1928. She had led a very interesting life, and her Granddaughter never tired of hearing her stories. From the great depression, the Hindenberg, to Hitler, among many other stories, Emma was enthralled.

She swung her head back, and dropped her legs. causing the swing to grind to a halt. What was she going to do without her Grandma?! Tears stung her eyes as the realization hit her.

Her mother's loud voice shot down the stairs, and through the house....

"EMMA!!!!!!!" She abruptly jumped up, and ran back in the house, and up the stairs. Her mom met her at her grandmother's door.

"Emma, it's time...."
"No! It can't be! She can't die!" Tears flowed freely out of her sad eyes as she threw herself into her mother's arms.

"Shhhh.....hush now, you knew this time was coming..." She soothed her weeping daughter, rubbing her back, and long blonde hair, till she finally calmed her down.

"She wants to see you..." her mother said, as she pulled Emma back to look into her eyes.

Emma closed her eyes, took a breath, and composed herself, before walking over to Grandma Emma's bed.
"Hey Grandma.." she said, trying to give her a smile.
"Listen sweety, I haven't long...." She took a ragged breath before she continued.
Everything's gonna be alright. He's coming..."

Emma was perplexed.

"Who's coming?"
"Don't you worry about it now darling.." Her old, wrinkled hand closed around Emma's young hand, and gave a little squeeze.
"He'll be here soon, and he'll take you away from all this, I promise."

Emma wanted to ask her what in the world was she talking about, but she only smiled.
"Ok Grandma..."

Grandma Emma smiled back, and closed her eyes, and she was gone.