Status: Hang on to something, you're in for one heck of a ride!

Got to Get You Into My Life

Got to get you into my life

Paul had traveled back in time before. This he remembered, as he walked into the park, and up the path.

That night that it happened, he had been staying in a motel in Blackpool. With the room full of cigarette smoke, and seeing John layed out on the floor, in a drunken stupor, he just needed some fresh air.

But as he stepped out of the door, he was suddenly somewhere else. It took him several minutes to figure out where he was.

He then saw a sight that he had never seen before. It was seemingly, a wall of rain, that stood about six feet high, and about two feet wide.

He approached it slowly, then ran a hand across it. Suddenly, a very pretty girl appeared on the other side. She was so pretty that he forgot how scared he had been. The girl, on The other hand, seemed terrified, as she ran from it.

That night he had not been afraid, as he saw her, but now, fear gripped him, as he thought of the billions of things that could happen when he walked through this thing. But, he was determined. Emma was the love of his life.... he just had to get her back.

As he approached the area, his heart dropped. The rain wasn't there.

"Aw..come on! Where are you?!" He then realized how stupid he may have looked to anyone who happened to be out at this hour, and calmed himself.

He then began to try to step though, what should have been a wall of rain, but nothing happened.

Sighing, he turned and walked to a near by bench, and sat down, and waited... Thirty minutes, one hour, another thirty minutes.. Sadly, he got up, and walked home, climbing into a cold, and empty bed.

He came back the next three nights, but it still didn't appear. He decided to try one more time....

As he came near, he could hear it, and as he got closer, he could see it...

It was back....

He took a breath, and another breath, and stepped closer to it. He was as terrified as Emma had been before.

"Come on Paul, you can do this..."

Then he thought....this is for Emma.

He stilled his nerves....

."For Emma!" Then he stepped through.

As he emerged, he stepped into a bright, sunny day.

"Wait a tic! It was night a second ago...."

Or was it fifty years ago.....give or take one or two years.

He then surveyed his surroundings....
This definitely was a farm, like Emma had told him. There was a cow...wait, no, two cows, a couple of horses, a cat, a dog, and several chickens.

There were some ducks, swimming in a pond, and......A GOOSE!

Her name was Henrietta, and she didn't take kindly to strangers.

"Hey...you, get back! Don't bite me....come on, I haven't done anything to you!"

Mona had heard the noise from the kitchen, then decided to investigate.

As she walked out onto the porch, she saw a very handsome young man, trying, and failing to fight off Henrietta. She tried to hold back her laughter, as he ran around in the yard, frantically yelling at her goose to leave him alone.

She then decided to go to his rescue.

"Alright Henrietta, that's enough, go on, shew!" Henrietta obeyed, and wabbled away. She now turned her attention to the young man.

"Listen, I'm sorry bout that. What can I do ya for?"
"Umm... well, I'm here for Emma.."
"Oh really... I've never seen you around these parts before."
"Well, I haven't been here long. I..umm...met her in town. I wanted to see her again."
"I see......well, let's get you out of this heat..
You hungry? And you look parched. I got lunch ready, and some nice, cold ice tea.

Paul had never had iced tea before... His mouth began to water as he thought about it.

He followed her up the porch, and into the house. He passed by a beautiful mahogany stair case..

"Emma!"
"You have a gentleman caller, and he's cute too! If you don't get down here, I just might claim him for myself!" Paul blushed, and turned, pretending to be interested in some pictures on the wall.

"What?!!" She exclaimed.

She didn't know any men...well, except for......Oh, no, he couldn't be!"

She then got up, checked herself in the mirror, then exited her room, and slowly descended the stairs.

She walked into the kitchen, and sure enough, it was him.

"Paul! What the hell are you doing here?!"
Clapping her hand over her mouth, she remembered her manners.

"Oh, I'm sorry mom!"
"That's alright sweetheart..... now, why don't you two get reacquainted, while I finish getting lunch on the table."

She turned, pretending to busy herself with lunch, with a smile on her face.

Paul, who never missed anything, reached and pulled Emma to him, planting a sweet kiss on her lips.

"I've missed you Emma.." he whispered in her ear. He dropped his arms, as Mona swung back around.

Emma still stood where she had been pulled to, starring up into his eyes.

"Alright you two, y'all can hug and kiss later. It's time to eat. Sit!"
"Mom!"

With that protest to her mom's embarrassIng comment, Paul and Emma obeyed, and sat down.
"Now, you being the man at the table, would you like to say grace?"
"Huh...." Paul turned to Emma, with a puzzled expression on his face.
"Paul, we say grace around here at every meal."
"Oh..."
"Mom, I'll say it."
"Well, someone say it.. I'm starving over here!"

Emma took Paul's hand, as Mona reached for his other hand, then Emma began to pray...

"Dear Lord, thank you for this food, and please bless it for the nourishment for our bodies..amen."
"Mona said amen as well, as she threw a stern look over in Paul's direction.

Gulp.....

"Umm.....amen."

Mona smiled, and they began to eat.

"After this, I've got an Apple pie, and some ice cream to put over it."
"Sounds lovely." Said Paul, in his thick, scouse accent.

He then reached over and squeezed Emma's hand.

Mona smiled, as she looked on...Emma was gonna be just fine...no need to worry when she died.