Status: Hang on to something, you're in for one heck of a ride!

Got to Get You Into My Life

Got to get you into my life

After their long talk, Paul and Emma walked back to the house. Mona was sitting on the porch swing, holding a cat. She looked up when she saw them, and the cat jumped down.

"So, what was your name again?" She asked, as the two got closer to the porch.
"It's Paul."
"Oh.. well, do you have anywhere to stay?"
"No, not really.." he said, as he shook his head.
"Well, in that case, you can stay here, if you want, you know, till you go home."

Paul and Emma glanced at each other, before returning their gaze towards Mona.
"But, know this, I'll have no hanky panky... I'm not running a brothel up in here."
Once again Paul and Emma glanced at each other.

"Ok, deal..." smiled Paul.
"Good.." Mona stared off into the yard....
"Besides, what y'all do out in the hay barn, while nobody's watching is none of my business, just not while there's work to be done, and not in the house."

Paul suddenly loved the smell of hay.

Mona turned to walk into the house...
"Excuse me mum..."
Mona turned back towards him...
"Yes.."
"Well, i was wondering if there was anything i could do to, you know, earn some money.."
"Hmm...well, we do need some help...ok, you're hired... we'll discuss particulars over supper."
"Ta.."
"Huh?"
"That means thank you, mom.." said Emma.
"Oh... by the way, I'm not Mum, I'm Mona.." Emma groaned.
"Mom, they say that in England, it means ma'am."
"Oh... I knew that.."

As Mona went into the house, Paul turned to Emma.
"So, wanna go to the hay barn?"
"Not now Casanova.."
"Well, you can't blame a boy for trying.."

Emma smiled... "maybe later.."
Paul smiled back a devilish smile.
"Good, I wanna show you how much I've
missed you."
He suddenly pulled her to him, and whispered in her ear...
"And you're gonna love how i show you."

He released her, and grabbed her hand, and they both went in the house.

Supper consisted of vegetarian lasagna, a salad, rolls, and an apple pie for dessert. Paul looked at the table, and couldn't remember the last time he'd eaten this well.

"It smells heavenly!"
Mona laughed... "flattery will get you everywhere.." Emma suddenly felt a pang of jealousy.

"Ok guys, sit.." they sat.
"Emma, say the blessing please.."
"Emma said a quick blessing, as she felt Paul's hand squeeze her thigh.

After she finished 'trying' to pray, Paul sat there staring at the food.
"Come on, we don't stand on ceremony around here, dig in.."

As they all began to fill their plates, Mona looked over to Paul.

"So, ya wanna work for me huh.."
"Yeah.."
"Ok, so what kinda things do you need?"
"Well, I need some clothes, and I want to take your daughter out on a date."
"I see, it must have taken all you had to make this trip, didn't it?"
"Something like that.."
"Ok, I'll pay you $10.00 an hour.. you can start tomorrow. Emma, can you show him what he needs to know?"
"Sure mom.." she said, knowing it was way more than work that Paul was waiting for her to show him.

"Thanks a lot ma'am."
"Don't mention it Paul."
"So, what time do you guys get up, like 8:00am?"
Mona laughed...
"Heavens no, that's when we eat breakfast.. we get up at 4:30am."
Paul almost choked on his roll.

After supper, Mona went to wash the dishes, as Paul and Emma retired to the living room.

Emma turned on the tv, and switched it to the oldies channel. And I love her immediately started playing, and Paul dropped to the couch, clapping his hand over his mouth.

"That's us...right? I mean, it sounds like us!"
"Yes, it's you."
"Look, it says it right there, the Beatles!" He said, pointing at the tv.
"Calm down Paul, it'll be alright.."
"Wow! I just can't believe it...so we're still famous then?"
"Oh yeah, it's just...."
"Just what?"
"Nothing."
"Anyroad, wanna dance?"
"I thought you'd never ask."

Both rose, and Paul led her out into the middle of the room, and took her into his arms, and as Paul McCartney sang 'and I love her' the man himself sang the words into Emma's ear.

As the song played they swayed slowly to the music, and as they did, Emma melted into Paul's body.

Pulling back slightly, Emma asked..
"Do ya wanna go outside?"
Paul grinned back...
"I thought you'd never ask."
"Mom, we're going outside!" She shouted, as her and Paul went out.
Had she looked around, she would have known that her mother was standing in the hall, watching.
Mona thought she recognized him.. now she was sure....but how?!