Status: Hang on to something, you're in for one heck of a ride!

Got to Get You Into My Life

Got to get you into my life

A week had passed, and Paul had pretty much gotten the hang of things, and had a routine going. He had even started enjoying it, as he spent time with the animals, and also befriended Henrietta.

The only problem was Emma...
She seemed to revel in the fact that she knew more than he did, and continually ordered him about. He took it for as long as he could, as he loved her with all of his heart. But, a person can only be pushed so far, before they snap. And today, Friday afternoon was the day he snapped.

He was cleaning out the hay barn, and was singing to himself to pass the time, when she walked in..

"Paul, you should've already done that... what's taking you so long?"
"Would you not!" Paul spoke, with an edge to his voice.
"Stop pushing me around! I'm not your slave!"
"I didn't say you were a slave, Paul..."
"No, but you've certainly been treating me like one!"
"I'm only trying to help you!" She angrily shouted back at him.

Paul turned his face away from her, trying to calm his self down.
"I would have thought you'd have gotten the hang of it.. I've had to go behind you and redo everything you do!" Emma shot back at him.

At this point, Paul took the pitch fork he had been using, and threw it across the barn. It bounced, and fell into the hay.

He abruptly turned, and pointed his finger at her.
"Stop it! I have had enough of your bullying... I did not come here to be the object of your abuse. I didn't know you were this way, but now that I've gotten to know you, you're no better than Kelly! So, whenever that wall of rain appears again, I'm walking through it, and leaving you here... you got that?!" After he said those words, he quickly walked past her, and out of the barn, leaving her speechless.

It didn't take long for her to crumble, as she sank to her knees, and cried.
She really didn't know why she had acted that way, but as she thought, she remembered how she had been treated the same way by her mother, from a young child.

Her mother had been treated the same way, and had raised her daughter that way as well. She had come to expect it, and believed her mother meant well. It was just how things were done here.

But now, she had really done it... she had lost the only man she had ever loved.. Her tears flowed as his words still stung.. Without him there was nothing left to live for.

She lifted herself up from the hay, and walked out into the yard. Her sorrow consumed her, as she wondered off into the woods.