Status: Hang on to something, you're in for one heck of a ride!

Got to Get You Into My Life

Got to get you into my life

Living in 1960's England took some getting used to... There were no cell phones, no computers, and no pretty much anything that Emma had taken for granted in 2018, but now missed.
The one constant, and the one who became her rock, was Paul. He knew how to treat a lady, even if his bandmates didn't. He treated Emma with tenderness, and showered her with attention, and endless affection, and was always the proper English gentleman.
He always opened the door for her, and when walking down the street, he always positioned himself on the curb, never allowing her to be on that side.
This was also the age where women knew their place, which was at her man's side. He was in charge, and always made the decisions. If he said no to something, it was not a good idea to argue.
This was a bit infuriating at times, but she got used to it, and learned to use it to her advantage. After all, the man may say no, but she could always change his mind, if she was cunning enough.
Once she wanted to go to a party, but Paul said no, as there were drugs and things that he still wanted to sheild her from. She pressed the issue, till Paul firmly let her know, she would not win.

"Alright you, I said no, and that's that.. anymore from you, and I'll turn you over my knee.." An evil grin spread across Emma's face.. "Oh Paulie.. I've been a very bad girl... maybe you do need to spank me... you know, to teach me a lesson.." she said as she slid her arms around Paul's waist.
An equally evil grin spread across Paul's face as well, as he delivered a swift slap to her bottom. Needless to say, they didn't go anywhere that night, and Emma was happy to stay home.

*******

History tells us how the Beatles rose to fame, but history does not tell about the girl who went with them everywhere. Always shielded from the fans, photographers, and reporters, but she was there. Brian was not happy about this, but Paul made it very clear that this was non-negotiable.

She stayed in the hotel most of the time when they did interviews, and their concerts, as Paul had made it abundantly clear that she was not to leave the room, for any reason without him, or at least someone he trusted to go with her.
On the rare occasion she got out, she found out, especially in the US, how different things were in the 1960s.. She had read in school about segregation, and the shameful way that black people were treated, but now, she was learning first hand what it was really like.
She had been shopping with Mal, the Beatles road manager, in New York, and decided to ride the bus, as she had never really been on one before. She relished the experience... that is till they got settled, and began to look around.
The white people were in the front, and the black people were in the back, behind a sign that said, 'coloreds only'
The bus quickly filled up, and Emma and Mal's stop was a few blocks away, as the driver stopped to pick up a young black woman, who was clearly heavily pregnant.
She looked very tired, and possibly ill.. but all seats had been taken. She slowly made her way to the back, and stood, as there was nowhere to sit.
All the white people starred straight ahead, as this did not bother them at all. But, it bothered Emma.. She watched, tears welling up in her eyes, as her heart went out to the poor woman.
Suddenly, she stood up.. "Hey mam.. you can have my seat." The lady looked at her perplexed, as Emma continued to stand, waving her up to the front.

"Look lady, I don't know who you are, but coloreds stay in the back, no exception!" The bus driver firmly said.
"What! She's pregnant! What kind of hard hearted man are you?!" Her and the driver locked eyes, as Mal looked around nervously.
Just then a kind hearted black lady gave up her seat in the back..
"Come here honey, you can have my seat."

Mal drew Emma back into her own seat, cautioning her to be quiet, and not cause any more trouble. Soon their stop came up, and Mal was all too happy to get off that bus.
Once back in the hotel room, Mal drew Paul into a corner, telling him about what had just happened. Paul angrily turned away, forcefully grabbing Emma's hand, and pulled her out of the main hotel room, into where they slept.
His anger cooled as he saw her face, clearly shaken, and more than a little scared that Paul was about to yell at her.
"Aww, luv, come here..." he said as he hugged her.
"Listen, I know this is hard for you, and I'm so sorry I didn't prepare you for this. But, this is just how life is here. As much as we don't like it, we can't change it... but there is one way we fight.. no one is segregated at our concerts, but that is the only thing we can do."
"But it's so mean.. and she was pregnant.. I couldn't keep sitting there... I just couldn't.."
"And you know what that means?"
"No, what?"
"It means you have a good heart, and I made the right choice. You're the woman I love, and want to spend the rest of my life with." A tear rolled down her cheek, as Paul hugged her tight.
"Now, no more leaving the room.. Brian would have a fit if he heard about this, and I want to keep bringing you with me on tour.
"But..."
"No buts... You're to stay here. We can't risk any trouble. Now, the lads and I have a concert tonight.. You are to stay right here, no leaving the room for anything. Is that understood?"
"Yes Paul.. I understand.."
"There's a good girl... after this, we go back to London, then I'll take you out on the town.. Would you like that?"
"Can we go shopping?"
"Sure, anything you want.."
"Ok.."

Paul drew her in for a kiss, and a quick cuddle, before they left the room.

John saw them exit the room...
"So Emma, did you get a spanking?"
"Not yet, but I'm hoping for one soon.." John laughed at her reply.