Status: Hang on to something, you're in for one heck of a ride!

Got to Get You Into My Life

Got To Get You Into My Life

The strange rain stopped almost as quickly as it had began, but Emma still wasn't taking any chances, as she went back to her room, and looked herself in till morning.

The next morning as she crept out of the house, all seemed normal, and she almost convinced herself that it had been a dream.....almost....

All day she felt on edge, as the hours flew by, nearing closer and closer to night fall. Soon enough, it was time for bed. She fell into bed, exhausted from a long day, and fell into a restless sleep.

Along around 11:30 it started.....

RAIN............

She awoke, and forced herself to walk to her window, and sure enough, the same weird wall of rain fell in her back yard. She felt strangely braver this time, and more than a little curious.... As she could tell the night before, he was kinda cute, and he seemed nice.

She wondered if he would be on the other side of this strange rain again.... There was only one way to find out.....

Creeping down the stairs, and out the back door, she slowly made her way to the wall of rain, and peered through it....

"So, you're back! I hoped you might come back.." She jumped back, suddenly scared.
"I'm not going to hurt you luv...Will you tell me your name?" Asked the strange boy.
"Y..you first, what's your name?"
"Paul.."
"Paul what?"
"McCartney."

It couldn't be!

"You're not Paul McCartney!"
"And why not?"
"Cause Paul McCartney's in his 70s. You don't look like you're in your 70s!"
"Well, you're right there, I'm not in my 70s. I'm only 22, but I assure you, I am Paul McCartney."
"Well, how can I be sure?"
"Well, you can start by trusting me, here, take my hand..." He stuck his hand through the wall of rain just like last night. Then she suddenly became aware that she was in her night gown.
"Umm....Paul, d..do you think this thing will hold out long enough for me to go get dressed?"
"I dunno luv, so you better hurry!"
"Ok." With that she spun on her heels and ran back towards the house.
"Hey, " Paul called....
"You still haven't told me your name.."
"Emma.."
"Ok Emma, hurry!"
"Ok....."

As quick as she could, she ran back up to her room, and threw her gown off, replacing it with her bra, sleeveless top, and a pair of jeans.

She hurried to get socks and shoes on and ran back outside. Thankfully, the rain, and Paul were still there.

"Alright, you ready Emma?"
"Emma took a breath, let it out, and replied...
"Yes, I'm ready.."
"Ok," and once again, Paul stuck his hand through. Emma took it, and Paul gently closed his hand around hers, and pulled her through.

The rain instantly stopped, and there they stood, looking at each other. She immediately became aware that everything looked different.

"Paul, wh...where am I?"
"You're in London, Emma."
"And what year is it?"
"It's 1964..." Emma fainted.

Paul caught her, and carried her over to a park bench, and sat her down. She came round as he pulled her to his side, and slowly sat up.

"I....I'm ok..."
"You sure?" She nodded.
"Here, it's chilly out here," he said, as he slid off his jacket, and slipped it over her shoulders.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome Emma.."
Paul still held a comforting hand on her back, which both thrilled, as well as unnerved Emma.
"May I ask what your middle name is, Emma?"
"It's Isabella."
"Emma Isabella..." Paul repeated.
"That's a beautiful name!"
"Thanks, I was named after my Grandmother."
"Oh really? Well, if she's half as beautiful as you are, I'll bet she's beautiful as well!"

Emma blushed, which Paul noticed.
"So, ummm...... You asked me what year it is. What year is it where you just were?"
"2018."
"You're joking!"
"How could I be joking, you just saw....."
"I know, I know.... I'm just as in shock as you are I suppose. Well, listen, we can't stay out here all night, come on, I'll take you to me flat."

The lamp light was bright enough to see her trepidation.
"Don't worry luv, I'm a perfect gentleman. I won't hurt you, I promise!"
"Ok." Paul stood, and helped her to her feet, and they slowly made their way down the path that Paul had walked earlier to get to this spot.
Paul reached out his hand, but she shied away....
"I swear to you, I won't hurt you Emma Isabella..."

As they passed an older lady writing in a book by a street light, she reached out her hand. Paul smiled, and took it.