Status: Hang on to something, you're in for one heck of a ride!

Got to Get You Into My Life

Got To Get You Into My Life

Paul let her in to his small flat, as he unlocked the door.

She was really too tired to take it all in, so she sat down on Paul's sofa.
"Put your feet up luv, here, let me help you with your shoes." He removed her shoes, and lifted her legs onto the couch.

"Wanna watch telly?" She thought she answered in the affirmative, but she wasn't sure, as her eyes began to get heavy.. Soon, she felt herself being lifted up...
"What's go...."
"Shh...it's only me, everything's alright, just relax..." she settled down, and allowed herself to be carried.

She felt herself being laid down, and covered up.. Soft lips touched her face... "Goodnight my beautiful time traveling angel, sweet dreams..."
"Mmm...night Paulie...."

She then rolled over, as Paul recovered her with the blankets.

She began to dream.....

She dreamed she was floating on a peaceful sea of blue, with Paul at her side, holding her hand. They turned to each other, and both smiled.

The blue sea moved slightly in the warm breeze, as the two floated off to who knows where. Neither one cared. Suddenly the sun was shining down on them both.

"Man, that sun is bright!" She said as she brought her hand up to her face to shield her eyes. Paul turned to her and smiled...
"Emma, it's time to wake up..."
"What? Why?"

"Emma....Emma....wake up.."

Her eyes fluttered open to see Paul standing over her.

"Goodmorning sleepy head.."
"Good......"(yawn) "morning.."
"It's time to get up.. I thought we could go out for some brekky, then I've got to buy you some 60s clothes...." He stood up, as she kicked off some of the covers, revealing what she came back in time wearing. "By the way... those shorts....hmmm..... I wonder...."
"What's wrong with them?"
"Nothing, but they don't exactly fit in, you know, in this time..."
"Oh...I almost forgot I kinda time traveled last night."
"Not kinda, you did. And, before we get you some decent clothes, we need to get you looking like you belong here."

Paul then went to his closet and looked through it... while he did that, her eyes became more and more adjusted to the sunlight streaming in through the light blue curtains. She began to look around the room....

To begin with, the blanket she had been laying under was dark blue, and the sheets were light blue. The cream coloured walls had various posters on them, some she recognized, some she didn't..

She glanced over at Paul, who was still going through his closet...Then continued looking around...

It was a one roomed flat, with a kitchenette in one corner, and a small bathroom on the other side. On another side, there was a sofa, with a small, probably black and white TV set in front of it. Next to the TV, there sat a small table with a record player, with dozens of records next to it.

"Who's that?" She pointed to a poster of a woman.
Paul turned, and looked to where she was pointing.
"Oh, that's Alma Cogan. She's great! Have you ever heard of her?" Emma shook her head no.
"Well, how bout him?" Paul pointed to another poster.
"Sorry, no idea..."
"Oh, well, his name is Frank Itfield, he's great as well.. I've got their records, I could let you hear them sometime.."
"Ok, that would be nice..."
Paul smiled, and returned to the closet.
"Alright, I'm gonna give you a choice..." he said as he took out two dresses.

One was blue, with white strips, and the other was light pink, with tiny blue flowers all over, with a white collar, and white sleeves, as well as white edging at the hem.
Emma pointed at the pink dress.

"I like that one..It's pretty!"

Paul's eyes suddenly got wide, and he momentarily lost the ability to speak...

"Umm...what's wrong?"
"N..nothing, it's just that this was my Mum's dress."
"Oh, well, I could wear the orher one..."
"Oh no, it's ok, I'd like to see what you look like in it anyway."
"You sure?"
"Yes of course." Paul stood lost in thought for a few seconds, then moved to his dresser, absentmindedly laying the dress on the bed.

"Umm.. I think she left some knickers....oh, here we are, found them!" He tossed them over to her.
"Do you....umm...think you could wear those?" Both Paul and Emma blushed, as she nodded... "yes, I think so..."

Paul nervously turned his head, finding an imaginary itch on his head..

"Umm Paul, I have a stupid question.."
"Emma, you could never ask a stupid question...but go head.."
"Well, I know that pink dress was your mom's, what what about the other one, and these underwear?"
"Well, they belonged to a girl that stayed here a few days."
"Oh, I see... so what happened, did she run out naked or something?" Emma laughed, followed by Paul.
"No, she had another one...we sort of had a row, and she stormed out, forgetting the other dress, and her umm... knickers, that I later found under the bed. I must have kicked them under there, while I....well, anyway, I washed them, and put them up. She never returned for them. As for my Mum's dress, I accidentally grabbed it out of my Dad's closet when I moved here. I had asked me Dad if I could borrow one or two of his suits. When I realized my mistake, I just didn't have the heart to take it back. I have so many fond memories of her wearing it..... anyway, you can go have a shower if you like, and change. Oh, almost forgot..."

Paul turned around, rummaging through his dresser once more...
"She also left this...." he pulled out a bra and tossed it over to her.

She caught it, took one look, and tossed it back.
"Sorry, it won't work..."
"Why, what's wrong with it?"
"Too small.."
"Is it?" His voice suddenly squeaked, then he cleared his throat.
"Oh, sorry bout that..."
"No prob, I'll just wear my own."
"Alright, we'll just umm... get you a new one later, umm... one that fits..... well, umm.... Emma, the bathroom's all yours... I'll just watch some telly while I wait."

With that, Emma threw the covers back, and jumped up. She grabbed the pink dress, while still holding the undies in her hand, and disappeared into the bathroom.

Thirty minutes later she emerged...

"Well, how do I look?"

Paul turned his head from the TV, and slowly stood up. Once again, he was lost for words.

"I.....you.....I mean, you look....beautiful!"
"You mean it?"
"Yes, of course I mean it...I've never seen someone so....oh..my G....You are absolutely stunning!"

Emma blushed, and smiled brighter than she ever remember smiling.

"There's just one problem though..."

Paul hadn't heard her, as he was too busy looking her up and down, undressing, and dressing her with his eyes, silently wondering what she would look like in that nightie in the top of his drawer, also left by what's her name....

"Paul....Paul..."
"I'm sorry, what?"
"I was saying there's just one problem."
"And what's that?"
"Shoes... I don't suppose anyone left any shoes i might be able to wear...did they?"
"Umm.... I dunno, I'll look though..."
He went back to the closet, bent down, looking... while he was bent down, Emma couldn't help but notice his backside...."oh my, but he's got a cute butt! Dangit! Look away Emma, look away!!" She whispered to herself.

He eventually emerged with a pair of sandals.
"Do you think you could wear these?"
"Umm.... let me see em...."

Paul handed them to her, and she dropped them on the floor, and slipped them on.
"Perfect!"
"Gear!"
"Huh?"
"Oh, that means it's great.."
"Oh.."
"Well, anyway, you ready to go?"
"Yes, I'm ready."
"Alright."

Paul switched off the TV, and led Emma out the door, and to his car. Instinctively Emma went to the right side of the car.

"Oh, are you driving?"
"No, why?......oh...sorry, I forgot!"
"That's alright luv." He then led her to the left side, and opened her door. She got in, and he closed it, and went around to the driver's side, and got in.

"This is gonna take some getting used to.."
"I know, " smiled Paul. "You'll get used to it."

After they stopped for a quick breakfast, they continued on their quest...

Paul ended up taking her to several different shops, buying her dresses, shoes, and some tops, as well as trousers, as he called them.

He even took her to a shop where he allowed her to go in by herself.. here she bought bras, panties, and some stockings.

In yet another shop, she got deodorant. Paul caught her sniffing some perfume, and insisted on buying it for her.

With all the shopping done, both were getting hungry, so Paul took her to one of his favorite tea shops, where they had a lovely tea, before heading back to Paul's flat.

As Paul drove, she surveyed the scenery, and smiled... Looked at Paul, trying not to let him catch her starring, and smiled once more...

She was beginning to like the 60s...