Status: Hang on to something, you're in for one heck of a ride!

Got to Get You Into My Life

Got To Get You Into My Life

As the morning sun flooded the once dark room with light, it revealed all of Emma's imperfections, the scar on her left knee, from where she fell off her bike when she was ten, the tiny mole on her neck, to the little freckles on her face, but to Paul, she had no imperfections.

She was perfect in every way, and she was his, proven by their love making the night before. She had given herself to him without restraint. There was nothing that anyone could do, not even John, with his flirting, that could take her from him....

Except maybe one thing....

She was from a different time.... But, for now, he wouldn't, couldn't allow himself to think about that...

She stirred, and smiled, perhaps dreaming of last night, and that made him smile.

He moved across the bed, as the covers slipped off of his body, revealing his masculine chest, and thighs, and wrapped an arm around her.

His movements caused the covers to fall from her shoulder, revealing her soft skin. His kissed it, as he cupped one of her breasts.

This awoke her, and she instinctively rolled over, as he pulled her to him.

"Good morning gorgeous.."
"Good morning Paulie.."
"Ahh.. I love it when you call me that.."

She smiled... "I can hardly believe this..."
"Believe what?"
"This, that I'm here, and what we did last night.."
"Do you regret it?"
"No, never... It's just so...." she was silenced by his kiss.. "hard to..." another kiss..
"What were you saying?"
"Nevermind...kiss me again, please?"

Thirty minutes later they showered, and dressed. With breakfast done, they left for the studio.

John saw them as they came in. Paul had his arm around her, as she gazed lovingly up at him.

Emma went to talk to Patty, as Paul joined John...

"Well, you look happy.." John said, as Paul grabbed his bass and sat down.
"A bit, yeah."
"So....how was she?"
"Do wha...."
"You have it written all over your face Paul. You bedded her last night, didn't ya?"
Paul gave a lop sided smile.. "not any of your business John.."

John looked at him, and smiled...
"Well, you've had a turn, I think I'll try.."
Paul froze, and his smile disappeared.

"She's mine John, and you won't be trying anything!"
"What are you on about Paul? We always trade off with the birds.."
"It won't be happening this time. And, she's not just some bird. She's a woman.."

Paul looked him straight in the eyes...
"And, she's mine." His tone was not raised, but level, and stern. There was no mistaking, he meant it.

John dropped the subject, and they returned to the music. Five minutes later they were laughing like nothing had ever happened, but still, John knew...

Paul had drawn a line in the sand, and John decided not to cross it.

Though neither one said a word, everyone knew what had happened. Emma even went up to the sound booth, so she could watch the Beatles play. Paul seemed to know that she was up there.

He looked up and smiled, and winked several times, causing her to blush, and giggle. Though it wasn't easy, he did manage to get some work done, before they all decided to call it a day.
******
The days passed.....

Paul and Emma were inseparable..
Everyone in town knew who's girl she was. She was Paul's, and no one dared to challenge him....

Until one fateful night, at a party..

Darrell had had one too many, and was working on yet another beer, when she crossed into his view..

He knew good and well that she was Paul's girl, but he didn't care...

"Hey you, blondie...."

Emma tried to ignore him, as she crossed the room, on her way to the bathroom... She made it, but on her return trip, she wasn't so lucky.

"Hey... I was talking to you!"
"Go away!"
"Aww... come on luv, be nice!" He stepped in front of her.
"Let me pass..."
"No, whatdaya say me and you ditch this party, and go have us some fun?"
"No, let me pass!"
"Oh no, Paul's had a turn. I wanna find out what's so fascinating about you.."

He then grabbed her, and tried to kiss her. She returned this action with a slap. He then slapped her back, causing her to fall.

He was about to stoop down when Paul came flying around the corner. With fire in his eyes, he sailed on him, and it didn't take much to knock him down.

It was over in moments, and as Darrell was carried out, Paul knelt down and lifted Emma off the floor.

All fury left him, as he kissed where she had been slapped, well, most of it...
"Someone had better make sure I don't see him again!"
"He's gone Paul.." replied George.
"Ta.."
"Come on Baby, let's go home..," Paul said, as he led her out to his car..

He kissed her bruised cheek again and again that night, holding her in his arms, vowing to never leave her alone again.