Reality

Dozing

His hands circled my waist as the lights dimmed. My hips swayed to the beat, head tilting back into his chest.

Empty bottles on the floor,
Party’s over, thank the lord

The bass reverberated in my chest as i hummed along, the man behind me brushing his lips against my neck.

Its so quiet, i can hear myself think
When glitz and glamor on the cam singin’
In La-La Land,
Accidentally made a name

Blue lights swirled around the room lazily, almost putting all of us into a trance. The voices like velvet putting everyone under their spell; hips swaying while others sit and ride out their highs.
His fingers snaked their way under the hem of my blouse, his touch sending shivers through me.

Pawn on every chessboard
Until they get bored
Smile when they yell “checkmate”

I lean into him farther, his hands wandering ever upward. The alcohol in my veins is flowing everso happily, my eyes staying tightly closed.

Lately ive been on my own,
I knew you having fun with me
When im here by now, hold on

His hands rest back on my hips, the crowd of people around us minding their own business. Bodies press against each other as if it’s the only heat source in the world, my own pressing so tightly I could melt into the man holding me.

I never see you again
Like when will I see you?
Can you hear me,
Loud and clear?

He hummed the lyric into my ear, his voice soft. Voices filled the air, the lyrics lifting us up and only taking us higher.

My eyes snapped open, the voice over the subway speaker breaking me from the trance. I let out a sigh, gathering the notebooks in my lap before making my way through the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
song: la cienga - joji feat, niki