His Beloved

His Beloved

He hid there in the trash can, his hand remaining by his pocket in case his asthma starts up. It was a bit stuffy in this metal bin, and the smell was overwhelming but it was worth it. It was worth seeing the girl of his dreams walk by with her friend, discussing whatever philosophy that clicked in her friend's brain. His beloved beauty was really smart despite what she tells everyone.

He looks at his black watch with the green light up screen. 2:50. She'll be along any second now. The roaring of the bus engine could be heard as one of the blue and white city-buses pulled up alongside a nearby curb, stopping. The doors squealed open. Brainy immediately sat up a bit, his pale head of hair pushing the metal lid up a bit. He could see a few kids from his school getting off the bus.

The big ever hungry Harold. Southern Hillbilly Stinky. Stuck up Rhonda and her spider haired friend. Gerald and Arnold.

His heart leapt at seeing a familiar small, black-haired Chinese girl stepping off the bus. He felt his heart sink at not seeing Helga. He frowned. Where is his blond ill-mannered beauty?

Brainy was about to sink back into the trash can when Phoebe's voice called out to him. "Hey, Brainy."

He stopped in mid-motion and blinked. Phoebe had approached his place in the trash can. The generally shy girl was holding her books tightly against her chest and beaming at him. Brainy just merely smiled faintly at her. Phoebe pushed her glasses back onto her nose before continuing.

"Helga had a cold, so, she didn't come to school today. So, if you want, you can come with me to visit her."

He blinked. His heart began to race again. His blonde goddess was sick? In his mind, he saw himself turning into Superman and flying to Helga's side. Then he'd be feeding her soup, they share a kiss and…

"Okay, I guess I'll take your silence as a no then," Phoebe said with a shrug before walking off. His daydream disappeared at hearing Phoebe's voice and Brainy just blinked again.

Shrugging, he sank back into the trash can. He could wait til tomorrow. After all, Helga G. Patacki never lets a cold stop her from going to school. "Til tomorrow, my beloved." He whispered to himself.