Lost in the Shadows

Ten

They all arrived back at the cave and Marco carried Heidi and rested her on a bed that was in the corner. She jumped on his back after he sat down and rubbed her hands into his jacket and passed his shirt. The coldness on his body tingled against her fingers. She put her lips up to his ear and wanted to kiss him. “Thanks for the night. It’s one I hope to never forget.”

Marco put his hands on where hers were through the shirt and looked up at her. “You won’t.” He then placed a hand on her cheek and kissed her lips gently. Her heart skipped a beat as he kissed her with her behind him. Heidi melted and wrapped her arms around him into a hug.

Dawn was rising upon the horizon but the two had not a care in their minds. They stayed on that bed for hours. Marco wanted her just as much as she had come to want him. He got in between her legs and kissed down her neck and to her collarbone.

The time stopped just for them as they made love to each other and felt each other’s embrace. This was like nothing else that Heidi had ever felt. This was not her first time with a guy but it was certainly her first time truly feeling complete happiness.
Back in Boston, the first guy she slept with was a writer who she put all her trust in. He wrote her love stories and gave her reason to believe that she was the only girl in the world. He was great in bed until he swore at her and slapped her in the bedroom. She always thought that writers were supposed to be romantic and reflect the typical lover in a popular romance novel. He wanted to be in full control of her throughout the entire relationship. The letters he wrote were beautiful but it turned out he replicated that same letter for a guy that worked at the Boston Globe with him.

Another guy she had was a hockey player. His head was only on the Stanley Cup. He wanted to be in the NHL so bad that he often left her when she had important times in her life to go to one more ‘try out’. He tried out a lot. He would try out for Amber, Christa, and June. It took her a long time to realize that she was being played harder than he knew how to skate.

Heidi wrapped her legs around Marco and wrapped her fingers in his hair as they shared in ecstasy. She licked his lips, making him respond with embracing her tongue in his mouth.

Marco placed a hand on her neck squeezing just a little bit and kissed her nose, her eyes, and her cheek right beside her ear. Her skin was so soft to him to the point where he felt like he could easily hurt her. Everything about her was doll-like and he felt like he had won the 1st prize.

Nearing the end of their session when they were slowing down and fell into each other’s drug, he pressed kisses against her neck and ended up puncturing her and tasting her sweet blood as he thrusted in and out of her. It felt like nothing to her but another part of the drug induced state they had been captured in.

Not too long after he had wounded her did he see what he was doing. He was drinking from her and draining her of her life form.

This was what Marco was afraid of. Hurting her was his sin and he was creating it on the spot. He breathed hard as he sat up and tried to figure out what he had to do. This was her life he had in his hands. Though he did not want to see her die, it was also a crime to watch her become a vampire. She was pure like an angel and he was a satanic monster that hid in the back of a little child’s mind.

If she had told the truth about not drinking David’s blood from the bottle then David would find out quickly and kill her for lying.

If he were to ‘fix’ her, it would be his first time. He never felt a responsibility to turn anyone into a vampire. He had always felt so lucky that he was unattached to people. All he ever needed was David, Paul, and Dwayne. Everyone else in the world was irrelevant. Marco lived his years listening to whatever David said and so he lived his life by the motto ‘You do what you need to in order to survive’. It was the single most important lesson he had been taught.

Everything was different now. Whether or not he liked it, the gang had taken her in from the moment they saw her. Heidi was meant to be more than just what she was. David believed that she would make a good addition and letting her fall to her death was not up to Marco in the casualties of the night.

In this instant, everything that passed this stage would be the outcome of his choice. Heidi was slipping away from him and he placed all the blame on himself. This girl gave herself to him without having a second thought about what could happen. She was oblivious to who she was spending her time around.

As soon as he noticed how weak she was, he did the only thing he knew how to and gave her his own life. He pierced his skin and let his blood drabble into her mouth. This was the first time he had given himself the incision to bleed intentionally. Being unable to watch what he was doing himself, he closed his eyes and let his blood flow into her body.

In all honesty, it was the most seductive thing that he had done. It was better than the sex he shared with her. It was a moment full of intimacy that he had always longed to share with someone and now his blood was a part of hers. A part of her belonged to him just as he was running through her veins as it mixed with her blood. Explanation to just how good it felt to give her blood was beyond possibility for the human mind. He had never given life to someone before but this was his creation and he had to protect it from then on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't posted in 5 days and I apologize! I wanted to do it sooner but I've also been wanting to post before 10. Looks like it will be another couple of days before that can happen so here's a chapter! Hope you guys enjoy it!