Status: in progress

Promises to Keep

ridiculous?

"I need to talk to you guys about something" Tayla told Cassidy and Katie seriously. She was up half the night thinking about it; did she feel something other than friendship for Ty?

"Shoot" Katie told her, becoming a little bit concerned.

"Yeah, what's up?" Cassidy asked, remembering how distraught Tyler looked upon coming back from finding Tayla outside, and Tayla looking like she had seen a ghost. The whole situation was strange, and she was dying to know what was going on.

"Nick was here last night" she confessed, and Katie and Cassidy gasped in shock.

"What? Why?" Katie wondered aloud.

"Is that why you looked like you saw a ghost when you came back inside?" Cassidy asked, and Tayla nodded.

"But we had a really interesting, and weird, conversation" she answered, biting her lip. She sipped on the coffee she had gotten with brunch, as the trio sat in the corner of the Cora's restaurant. Tyler and Jamie were at an early practice, despite having a few days off. They were on a roll, and didn't want to lose that.

"Weird like...?" Katie questioned.

"Well, he came to tell me that he was falling in love with me, and he was apologizing for acting like a jackass and being so jealous" Tayla fumbled with her words, wondering where to start.

"Okay, back the hell up" Katie stopped her before she could continue. "He told you he was falling in love with you? What did you say?" she asked, immediately thinking of how devastated Tyler would be at the revelation.

"I didn't say anything" Tayla replied honestly. "I didn't get the chance to. I asked him how he could be in love with me if he acted the way he did, he said it was because he was jealous of Tyler"

"And what did he say to that?" Cassidy asked, still not seeing how this was a weird conversation.

"He told me Tyler and I belonged together. I looked at him like he was crazy; and told him how ridiculous that sounded" Tayla stopped, wanting to know if Katie and Cass both were thinking what Nick was.

"Why is that ridiculous?" Katie spoke up, and Tayla had wide eyes.

"That's exactly what he said" Tayla informed them. "So, I thought about it" Tayla continued. "And, well..." she trailed off, unsure of how to proceed. "I don't think there's anything ridiculous about it"

"Are you saying that you love Tyler?" Katie almost exploded.

"Shh!" Tayla shushed, looking around to make sure nobody was paying attention to their conversation. "Of course I Love Tyler, he's been my best friend ever since I can remember" she reminded Katie, who rolled her eyes.

"You know what I mean" Katie snapped playfully.

"So... do you?" Cassidy asked, her heart racing a little bit. She was getting excited for her brother. For the past few years at least, Cassidy knew he was trying to hide his feelings for her.

"I think I do... I mean, is that crazy?" she asked, still trying to adjust herself to the idea. Never in her life she could honestly say the thought crossed her mind. Sure, she knew he was an attractive man, that was obvious. But it wasn't until last night that she truly had thought about it in depth. She realized she loved everything about him; down to the annoying way he made sure she got home safe from everything, how he would always prank and tease her, or how she could talk to him for hours, and about literally anything.

"It is literally the furthest thing from crazy" Cassidy was the first to speak. "I know he's my brother, and like, ew at the thought of him dating anyone" she emphasized. "But you? I'd love to see him with you"

"Awh, Cass" Tayla pouted, pulling her in for a small side hug.

"So, when do you plan to tell him?" Katie asked the question that had been nagging her since the words came out of Tayla's mouth.

"Erm- I don't know..." Tayla muttered, concentrating now very heavily on her coffee.

"You're afraid of losing your friendship?" Cassidy asked, eyebrow raised. Tayla nodded as she sipped her coffee. Cassidy wanted to laugh; not only did her brother feel this way, but so did Tayla; what were the odds? They both cared about each other so much neither wanted to tell the other, for fear of losing the amazing friendship they already had. As much as Cassidy wanted to tell Tayla that Tyler reciprocated her feelings, she knew it wasn't her place. It was up to the two of them to figure it out, even if it took until they were 90.

"I know you're afraid of that, but what about when Tyler gets a girlfriend?" Katie asked, though she was fairly certain that would never happen. He was intent on waiting until they were both 35 to follow through with their youthful promise; only 9 years to go!

"Or brings home a one night stand?" Cassidy added with a shudder.

"Or when-"

"Okay! Okay, I get it" Tayla shut the ideas down immediately, realizing it confirmed the points Cass and Katie were trying to get across to her.

"See? You don't even want to think about it" Cassidy pointed out.

"It's just scary I guess, you know?" Tayla sighed. "He's the most important person in the world to me. I just moved into his house, from another country- I don't want to make things awkward"

"Shouldn't that be some sort of sign he may feel the same?" Katie asked, arching an eyebrow.

"It could be? But I don't know" Tayla sighed in frustration.

"What we've established here today is yes, you need to tell him. And yes, before you're 35" Cassidy let slip.

"Wait- he told you about that?" Tayla asked, turning a light shade of pink.

"Oh- uh, yeah" Cassidy muttered, mentally slapping herself. Tyler and herself had had a heart to heart and he told her. Of course she thought it was sweet, although strange all at the same time.
She didn't know as much as Katie did, though.

"You do too- don't you?" Tayla asked Katie, who looked not at all surprised by the revelation, or confused by what she meant. "You guys must think we're weirdos" she laughed, feeling foolish. "And I guess I feel pretty stupid too; I guess in a way, sometimes I'd wish I was just 35 already. At least then, I knew I'd never be alone anymore, or have to be put through hell" she was referring to her horrendous dating past.

"The only way it'll be strange, is if you actually wait until you're 35" Cassidy told her honestly, and Katie agreed.

"Well..." Tayla trailed off, seemingly contemplating it.

"Oh my god..." Katie rolled her eyes.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'll tell him. But don't say anything! I just need to find the right time" she told Cass and Katie seriously and of course they both agreed. They were going to be impatient though; they were going to be waiting for the news they'd get that they were together at last, and they couldn't wait.