Status: Updated as much as possible!

Pushing Me Away

Where To Begin?

(Prologue)

"You're nothing but a waste of life, I can't believe I ever agreed to marry you." "You're pathetic, I should have left you when I had the chance." "Please, forgive me, Luna. You're my only love." Those words always brought Luna back to him, no matter how many times he would hit her, kick her, degrade and belittle her in front of all their friends. No one dared to intervene, not even her own parents. Luna was too old to be relying on her family, they said. If she was old enough to get married, she was old enough to leave on her own. She was only twenty three and had already been married to whom she thought was the love of her life for the last four years. Fresh out of trade school and in love at 19, that was the reason she had married him in the first place. She was an aspiring model and novelist. She went to school for journalism and came out with a certificate in creative writing. She had many hopes and dreams. Until she met Adam, then that all changed. She stopped writing, she stopped everything and eventually he convinced her to settle down. Her parents loved the idea, he was a bit older and wealthy. He could support her financially and take care of everything that she needed. She took that step for them, but thought it was what she had wanted too. Until the first time he ever hit her.

"I can't take this anymore, you're pushing me away from you." "Why do you always say this is my fault? I'm doing this for us." "You're career isn't logical, it's nothing but a silly dream." "I love you, I know this is your dream, but what about me?" "I'll always be there for you and support you, no matter what." Chester constantly was torn between his passion for music and his love for his wife, Ava. She used to support him in the beginning but things turned sour after he started to achieve stardom. She hated that people adored him, she hated that people wanted to meet him, she felt like all the attention was taken away from her. But still, Chester married her after only being together for two years. He still felt like she was the one for him despite what his friends and family thought. They all tried to warn him that she was only doing this for the publicity he was starting to build but he didn't listen. He thought they were just trying to keep them apart so he could be miserable and alone. Now he thought differently, after seeing just what a little taste of fame could do to people. She always yelled at him about being gone on tour, she always talked down to him about the songs he wrote and the way he sang. She always made sure he knew just how much she hated his career. The band had just released their second full length album and he was leaving again soon, but Ava wasn't going to make this an easy trip, just like she always did. No, he was going to have to struggle.

Luna had a job interview at a local coffee shop early the next morning, she had to be ready. Adam had cut off all of her funds as she kept distancing herself from him so it was time she started to make her own money. He knew she didn't love him anymore, but she still kept up that she did. He wouldn't let her leave, no matter how miserable she was. She looked herself over in the large mirror in the master bathroom, the deep shades of purple and awful hues of blue covered a large portion of her face. She couldn't go looking like this and he damn well knew it too. Maybe she could wear more makeup? That just might work. She's on the verge of tears when a swift knock comes to the door, revealing Adam standing there. He comes behind her, like always, and wraps his arms tightly around her frame. "I love you, Luna. This was just a total misunderstanding. I know you didn't mean the things you said." He always tried to manipulate each fight as if it was Luna who made the horrid comments and caused all the pain. But she was merely a victim of a loveless marriage. All this was, was a desperate attempt at control. Adam needed someone to bow down to him in order for him to feel like a real man and Luna was just the perfect candidate. She was easy to break, she was shy and quiet, no one would ever suspect that anything was wrong. But she had finally had enough today.

"You're leaving, again? How many times is that this year already, Chester? I'm sick of all this up and down, I can't handle being alone all the time." He sighed deeply as he ran his hands over his short hair. He was sick of all this arguing, it never got them nowhere. But still, he tried his hardest to make Ava happy, so he offered to bring her along. "God no, why the hell would I want to go on a cramped bus with all of your friends? I'd rather fall off of a cliff." She scoffed bitterly at the idea, making him feel even worse now. He was running out of ideas and at this point, was also running out of love to give. Something he swore constantly that he would never do, no matter what she said or did to him. He knew she was having an affair, that much was easy to see. She was always gone for long hours whenever he was home and she always encouraged him to stay gone whenever he was away. He had found countless text messages and emails between her and an unknown man named "Adam" who she swore was just a friend from high school she was catching up with whenever he confronted her about it. But Chester could see through her lies, it was only obvious. Still, he swore that he could make her change and stop cheating if he could just stay home long enough to fix it. But his best friend, Mike, knew better. He tried to convince Chester to just file for divorce and start over again, but Chester relented. He still thought he could save what love he thought was left between the two.

"You better make sure you cover up nicely before your interview tomorrow, Luna. I don't want people to think your some type of masochist." Adam's words made Luna quiver in disgust. This wasn't an act of intimacy or sexual pleasure, this was his own sick pleasure in power that had caused this. Luna didn't respond and instead waited for Adam to climb in the shower while she walked out, making sure to get her outfit ready for the following day. She noticed his phone laying casually on their dresser, the screen emitting a bright light, signaling that he had received a message. She was never one for snooping, especially knowing that the consequences of her actions could be deadly. But she needed to know, she needed to see who this other person was. She knew Adam was cheating on her, that was only the obvious. She carefully and quietly reached for it, seeing a name she didn't know on the contact. It was a woman, named "Ava". Luna wondered how long this had been going on, she wondered how long he had been seeing this woman. She scanned over the message quickly, reading that this mystery woman was supposed to meet Adam tomorrow around noon, the same time he was supposedly having lunch with one of his coworkers. The woman also said her own husband was going to be gone soon for a tour. The poor man, Luna thought. He was a victim too, and it hurt her to know that Adam was the cause of it. "Luna! Come here!" She set the phone down quickly before rushing to his aide. "Yes?" She asked softly, her voice on the brink of cracking from the tears that were threatening to fall. "I love you." Was all he said.

Chester had to leave early in the morning to meet with his band mates to discuss the upcoming tour and according to Ava's latest message from "Adam", she was supposed to meet him here at their house, while he and apparently Adam's own wife were out . He didn't say anything about it, though. Instead, he was hoping to finally catch them in the act and face this man once and for all. Suddenly, Chester immediately felt empathy towards Adam's wife. The poor woman, she must be suffering too, he thought. "I'm going to bed, you can sleep on the couch. I have to get up early for an appointment." She slammed the door in his face before locking it abruptly. He sighed deeply before retrieving his bedding from the linen closet and making his way back into the living room. This was his own house for Gods sake, but in the event of another fight, he let it be. Chester was going to be happy one day, he knew it couldn't be long before Ava either left him for this "Adam" person or filed for divorce herself. He knew she wasn't happy, he knew the only reason she stayed was because she had stability. He sent a quick text to Mike, telling him the news about their meet. He told Chester to just keep calm and that his brother's would help him work through this. They agreed to meet a coffee shop not far from Chester's place in the event he did in fact, want to go on with his plan. This was it, he thought. He finally was going to confirm his biggest fears and end his suffering.

Luna thought endlessly about the other man, the husband of the wretched woman who was sleeping with her own husband. Did he know about her? Did he know that his wife's lover was married as well? Those thoughts ran through Luna's head all the while she laid next to Adam in their bed. She wondered what she would ever do if she was to meet the man, what would she say to him? They were both caught in the tangled web of deceit and dishonest love. She wondered if he felt just as broken as she did. She wondered if he suffered the same pain as her, that if he wanted out of his personal hell as well. But then, she thought, it must not be easy, for the man. He was going away on tour, so that must mean he was some sort of artist or something. That intrigued Luna greatly, and throughout the entire night she kept thinking about this mystery man. What was his name? What did he do for a living? Would he want to meet her? Would he understand that she was a victim too? She then remembered the terrible bruises and scars that littered her body. He wouldn't want to see her, she looked like a monster. But why should Adam get away with this? What if somehow, someway, the other man could help her escape? Luna shook her head sadly, this was all just daydreaming. There was no way that any of this could come true and she would be stuck with Adam while the other man stay with his own wife. But the heartbreak and pain never ceased as she drifted to sleep.

As Chester tried to get some sleep, he couldn't help but to think about the man's wife. He wondered if she knew about it, if she knew about him. Clearly she was probably not aware, not like him. He knew Ava was being unfaithful, but what about her? Chester kept wondering if it was ever possible for him to meet her somehow, someday. So that he could tell her all about her husband's affair with his own wife. So that she could know that she wasn't the only one being hurt in this situation, that there was someone else who hurt just like her. But that didn't seem possible nor did it seem logical, he didn't need to drag anyone else down into this mess. But still, he wondered about her. He wondered if she was so horrible that she deserved what she got or he wondered if she was just some poor, beautiful girl who got roped into being with this monster of a man he had never met and desperately needed an escape. He stayed up practically the entire night thinking about this unknown woman and believed that maybe, if by chance, he ever got to meet her, that maybe he could be the one to help end her own suffering and give her the chance to get out while she still could. If only, he thought, he could happen to run into her. But that was insane wishful thinking, it never would work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so this is definitely a different spin on a story I have never done before! I hope you all like it, feedback is much and greatly appreciated and wanted! I'd love ideas too! Here is what Luna looks like and here is Adam and Ava