Status: Updated as much as possible!

Pushing Me Away

Love Keeps Us Kind

(Luna's POV/Narrator)

After a long and agonizing stay, I was finally set to be released in the next two days. I was nervous, I was happy, I was excited, I was scared. A mix of emotions flowed through me, but I was ready to take on whatever came my way. My parents had finally met Chester and all his friends, they were supportive and happy for me. I was happy, for once, in a very long time. Chester told me he had a few tricks up his sleeve to show me once we had gotten me settled in at his place. It brought a smile to my face, I couldn't wait to get there already. The guys had gotten all my things taken care of and out of that house with the help of my parents and had it all moved in to his place over the last couple of days so needless to say, I was eternally grateful, I had never met such amazing people like this before. "So, you're sure that you don't mind having me? I mean, I can get pretty annoying, I like to sing in the shower and I snore like a train." Chester chuckled lightly, patting the top of my hand. "Trust me, you don't know what it's like living with me. If you think singing in the shower is bad, wait until you hear me sing in my sleep. I sound like Freddie Mercury." I snorted loudly, making a face. "I'll believe it, when I see it." He grinned wickedly at me, making my cheeks instantly hurt from smiling too much.

We never really talked much about the whole situation with Adam and Ava since the police had last came but I knew deep down he was still hurting from it. Hell, I was still upset about it as well. But according to Chester, we were meant to find each other and start on with our lives a different way. I loved hearing him speak, his words were always so eloquent and full of passion. Not to mention was incredibly funny and sweet too. Every time we would look at each other, even if it wasn't for too long, I always would see a slight gleam in his eye. It was an almost hopeful gleam, like as if it was fates way of saying that the two people who were really meant to be together were finally being close. I didn't want to admit it, but I was clearly falling for him already and I didn't even know him yet. But none of that really seemed to even matter to me anymore, because I felt strongly about it. "So listen, I was thinking, maybe once I'm out of here and all, maybe me and you could finally get a chance to really know each other? You know, go out for dinner or something?" I immediately surprised myself when I had finally realized what I had just asked him completely out of the blue.

Not much to my surprise, he was actually very accepting of my offer. "That sounds like an amazing idea, Luna. I'd love to finally get a chance to really see the real you. Not that I don't like this you, because I really do." I blushed brightly at his words, like I have been lately. "Well, I really like this you too, Chester."

A sudden knock at the door quickly interrupted us, soon revealing to be the police and my doctor. Chester stepped outside to deal with them while the doctor had insisted that he have a moment alone with me. Hesitant, I still insisted for him to tell me exactly what it was he needed to say. "What am I going to be expecting? Good or bad news?" He scanned over his clipboard before making eye contact with me, a small smirk coming to his face. "Glad to see your in good spirits, Luna. It seems that you've been doing exceptionally well and according to the recommendations from the specialists, you're clear to be released. So if your arrangements are in order, I can have you out of here in as soon as an hour." My heart stopped beating at that particular moment and the tears poured down my face like falling rain. Chester reappeared beside me in a matter of minutes with tears coming from his own eyes as well. "What's the matter?" I asked, suddenly feeling afraid of what he might say or what they might have told him. He sniffled greatly, wiping his eyes on the sleeve of his sweater. "They-Adam-They got Adam. They arrested him this morning in San Francisco. But Ava-She-She wasn't there. She got arrested a few hours later outside of Oakland. It's over, Luna, it's finally all over."

At that moment, we hugged tighter than ever before. Chester kept me firmly pressed against his body while I held him close to me. It was all finally fucking over, they weren't going to be able to ruin our lives any longer. "Chester, I have some news for you too." He looked up at me briefly, his poor beautiful eyes all puffy and red. I put a hand to his face before smiling. "The doctor said that I'm free to go home as soon as you give the signal. I can finally get the hell out of here, we can finally actually enjoy our freedom together. Come on, cheer up, please." His face instantly changed from sad to extreme excitement once he had pieced together what I had just told him. "Yes! No way! Oh man, okay, okay. I'll call the guys up right now and get everything together, I promise. You will no longer be here than another hour, tops. Can you handle it?" I laughed now, giving his cheek a slight squeeze. "You're so cute when you're excited, did anyone ever tell you that?" It was his turn to blush and laugh nervously now, before he proceeded to lean down and kiss the side of my face softly. "No, but you just did, so that makes you the official first. I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?" I just nodded, slightly taken back by what he had just done. It made butterflies explode inside my stomach and my heart race rapidly as I watched him hurry off to get in touch with all of the guys.

(Chester's POV/Narrator)

Chester practically ran down the halls as he raced for the elevator, not stopping once until he reached the outside of the hospital. He called Mike first, instructing him to head over to his house and make sure everything looked neat and tidy. Not wanting to question his best friend, he simply said that he was on his way over there and that he would call him when he was finished. "Thanks man, I promise this is all for a good reason. Luna's being released in an hour, I want her homecoming to be perfect." Now he understood everything and reassured Chester that everything would be taken care of. "I'll meet you over there soon. I gotta get the others on board." And with that the two quickly ended their conversation while he called Brad, Rob, Joe, and Dave next. Everyone had agreed they would meet at Chester's place and figure it all out within the hour to come. Chester drove over nervously as he kept thinking up every scenario that could possibly play out. But he couldn't think like that, he had to keep positive, especially for Luna's sake. He even had forgotten all about Ava and Adam, only finally really remembering when he pulled into his driveway, seeing some of her things still sitting in the garbage bins. He didn't want to deal with those feelings now, he had other important things to worry about at this point.

Once he walked into the house he was soon greeted by each of his friends. Everything was well organized and the entire place smelt like lemons thanks to Dave's bright idea of spraying disinfectant spray all over everywhere. He then headed into his bedroom, a place he hadn't spent but much of ten minutes in any time he had to come back home to grab a change of clothes or to take a shower before going back to the hospital with Luna. Everything that ever had to do with Ava was gone; her clothes, shoes, makeup, her millions of scented shampoos and perfumes she kept littered around the dresser. Everything. He never really had paid any attention to it until now as he finally had a moment to himself. He then looked over at the small jewelry box that sat on the corner of his nightstand. Curiously, he decided to look inside. There sat the lonely pair of rings that used to be on his and Ava's fingers. Chester hadn't noticed hers in there before, meaning she must have put it before she had taken off. A single tear slipped down his cheek as his stared at them for a good minute until he felt the presence of someone standing over him. It was Mike. "Don't dwell on that stuff, man. This is a new chapter for you, a new start. I know you miss her, but look at it like this. Luna's been suffering abuse for the last few years, so have you. Her attacker, was your ex's lover. It's a fucked up situation, but you both got out of it thanks to each other. Now you have to put it behind you, try to pretend it never existed. For both of your sake, it's better to forget it. She's healing, you're healing. It's all apart of the process, you just have to go with the flow."

Chester pondered what Mike was saying for a moment. He definitely had a point, it certainly was a crazy and almost unbelievable situation that brought the two of them together. But it was all true, it was all their reality. Now, in a matter of minutes, the woman he saved was going to be with him. They were finally going to get the chance to experience one another's company in a more normal and natural setting. Although to Chester, it felt like he had known Luna all his life. They were almost one in the same. He's an artist passionate about music, she's an artist passionate about writing. And he was definitely going to encourage the girl to peruse her passions as she had desired so much before Adam had took them away from her. He took in a deep breath, shutting the small box closed as he turned to face his friend. "You're right, you're absolutely right. This is the new start that I needed and the same for her. This is the chance for me to do this the way I had always planned. Let's go get her and bring her home already. I've got a girl waiting for me, and I know this sounds crazy, but I love her. I love her smile, her courage, her bravery, her hope. She's that glimmer of hope that I've desperately been searching for. She's that ray of sunshine I've been dreaming of. I love her Mike, I really think I love her. So what am I so afraid of?"

(Luna's POV/Narrator)

As I anxiously awaited the return of Chester, I started to think about all the different things that could happen once I had gotten settled in. I know Chester was leaving soon for tour with his band and that would mean that I would be alone, but I was more so worried about how he was going to react with leaving me behind. I had noticed over the last couple of days that we had seemed to grow more closer and more open with each other, he had that sense of needing to constantly protect me. Not that I minded though, I was truly grateful for everything that he had already done for me so far, including letting me stay with him. I guess a part of me was just nervous, more so because, honestly, I think I'm starting to fall for him. I think I'm starting to love him. Not just because he saved me life and stayed by my side since. But because he truly cared about me, he cared about how I was feeling and he cared about what I had to say. He made me laugh, he made me smile, he loved to tell me stories about his band, about the things he had seen on the road. I loved hearing him speak, I loved hearing him sing. He was an all around beautiful person, there was nothing not to love about him. He was honest and open, he didn't hide anything from me, he told me whatever I wanted to know or asked.

I truly love him, as a whole person and that, scares the hell out of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
As always thanks for being super patient kelsey! Hope you're still enjoying this! I promise it's going to be much worth the wait for these next updates! xo