Status: Updated as much as possible!

Pushing Me Away

Sometimes Solutions Aren't So Simple

(Luna's POV/Narrator)

Luna sat there in complete disbelief as she looked around frantically from Chester to the building surrounding her. She couldn't believe it, it sounded too good to even be true. They wanted her to come along? He wanted her to come along? And to top it all off, she'd even have a job if she went. Now it definitely sounded too good to be true. But when she turned her attention back on Chester, she could tell by the look in his eyes, that he damn well meant everything he was saying. "I-I can't believe that you actually are doing this. You and your friends have already done so much for me, I don't even know what to say." She stammered on her words as she poked around at her food anxiously. Suddenly feeling a hand on top of hers, her grey eyes were once again met with his soft and hopeful brown ones. "Luna, I want you to say whatever it is you want to say, not what you think you need to say. You have all the control here, it's all up to you. I support you either way you choose. Remember that." Now she definitely knew that she really had no choice at this point. Her mind said to stay, to isolate herself and to hide. But her heart ached and begged for her to say yes and to leave with him this very instant. She stared down at their hands for a split second before back up at him. They seemed to fit so goddamn perfectly together. "Okay, I'll go with you."

I couldn't begin to tell you how it felt to finally have the weight of the world lifted from right off of my shoulders just by simply saying yes. He got up from his spot across from me and gave me the tightest hug imaginable. It was a warm, happy, and none the less emotional feeling that I wasted no time in reciprocating. "You don't know how much fun you're really in for. I promise you, there's nothing like traveling across the country. You get to see and do so much, it's really exciting. Not to mention that we'll have each other, so I can help you out along the way with anything that you'd need." If only you could see the happiness that I saw in his eyes as he spoke so joyfully about what was yet to come, you'd understand why I had tears coming down my face. He wiped them away with his thumb before giving me another squeeze. "I'm sorry, I really don't mean to be so damn emotional. It's just, as you already know, this is all so new to me. I've never in my life had someone so happy for me to be with them, it's almost like this isn't real. I'm so used to be treated like garbage that I honestly don't feel that I deserve any of this. I honestly don't feel like I deserve you at all." He shook his head vigorously, not wanting to here anymore of it. "You do deserve me, you do deserve everything that's coming to you. You're an amazing woman, Luna. And it's seriously time you started to be treated like it and I'll prove it to you at any costs. You know I will, you've already seen it."

Without another word, I did something that possibly could alter the course of our friendship entirely for good. I kissed him, full on the lips. Only when he didn't pull back and shove me away like I thought he would, did I finally really understand what I was in for. It all looked and sounded so cheesy, like in those romance movies that are always too good to ever happen in reality. A broken man meets an even more broken woman, falls in love, and lives happily ever after. But I didn't know if he even felt the same feelings that I did. It was obviously way too soon, it shouldn't have happened yet at all. But again as I've said before, I wasn't thinking with my head, I was thinking completely with my heart. "I-I'm-Shit, I am so sorry, Chester. I don't know what I was even thinking-" It seemed as words just simply weren't needed anymore to explain anything as Chester pulled me in for another kiss, cutting me off and shutting me up once and for all. His lips were warm and soft as they lingered on mine. The sparks that seemed to fly and the butterflies that erupted between us were definitely there and that I think, was the scariest thing of all about it. When we finally broke apart from each other, it was hard to contain the huge smile that had made its way onto my face.

"You don't have to apologize for anything. I told you to say what you felt and you did. Even if it wasn't with words, I still got the point pretty clear." I laughed loudly now as he tried to ease away any tension with his jokes. "Come on, let's go pick up King from Mike's and go home. We have a lot to talk about."

(Chester's POV/Narrator)

The entire drive over to Mike's house was silent but completely content. I knew that there was a lot of things that needed to be talked about and discussed between Luna and I, especially since we had already shared such a passionate kiss. But it couldn't be helped, though. It was definitely something that needed to happen. I knew it and I'm sure she did too, otherwise she wouldn't have done it at all in the first place. We stopped inside for a quick minute to tell Mike the good news that she was in fact coming along with us for the ride. He was just as excited as I was, telling her how much fun they were going to have working together throughout these next months on the road. I was truly grateful that I had friends like him because lets face it, it's not everyday that you get the chance of a lifetime like this. "Anyways, make sure you get all the details and everything squared away Chazzy before Friday comes. I don't think she'll need a passport or anything but just make sure to stop by the label and get the press pass and stuff. I'll see you guys tomorrow, Anna's making a huge dinner for everyone. You're coming, right?" I nodded, giving a quick glance over to Luna who also just smiled with a nod. "Awesome. Have a good night then. Bye King! It was a pleasure as always."

King barked loudly in response to him as we then parted ways back to the car. Luna had stayed silent the majority of the night even we had gotten inside the house. She went upstairs to her room and closed the door behind her softly without a word to me. I suddenly started to feel an enormous amount of guilt as I retreated back into my own room, changing down into my boxers to get ready for bed. King curled himself up at my feet once I climbed into the sheets and turned on the small lamp that sat on top of the nightstand. The dim light lit up the room just enough to see that there was someone standing between the hallway and the door frame. "Can I come in?" Luna asked in a hushed voice. I gladly invited her in, telling her to shut the door behind her as I pulled the covers back and patted the spot next to me. She slowly got in under the covers, giving King a couple of scratches behind his ears before resting her head against my bare chest. "I'm really sorry about the silent treatment. It's just, I don't even know what to really even say about any of this. I'm starting to feel feelings for you that I can't possibly even begin to explain. We've barely known each other for I believe a month now, maybe almost two. Does this feel sort of rushed to you? Does it seem wrong?"

Chester sat back and took in everything Luna was saying to him. She had a point, things were seeming to movie awfully fast between them. But on the other hand, what was so wrong about it? They both were newly single and shared the same burdens, the same pain. What could be more romantic then that? He knew he had to be respectful of her feelings though and wanted her to know that, even if it killed him. "It does seem like it's moving quickly but to answer your other question, no. It doesn't feel wrong to me at all, not in the least bit. I've been suffering for the last few years from emotional abuse. You on the other hand, have had much worse. But we both were suffering by the hands of our partners and they ended up being the ones together. The fact that fate had this twisted way of bringing us together only makes more sense to me. You thought about me, I thought about you. It only makes sense that this was going to happen, it's like destiny. But I totally understand if you want to take things at a slower pace. I'm willing to do whatever makes you happy, whatever makes you comfortable. We're going to be spending the next few months together in close quarters, I want to be sure this is going to be okay for you." It was Luna's turn to be silent again.

"I want to take things slowly between us, I do want to start off small with you. But that's not an option, not anymore. I tried to fight this off, I tried to believe that I was just feeling this way because of what you did for me. But that is just not the case, it is just not that simple as I thought it would be. I believe that I am truly in love with you, Chester Bennington. And this is what I have been dreading for so long, having to tell you that. Not because I'm ashamed of it but because I'm afraid that I'll lose you by having such strong feelings so early on. I don't know what else there is to even say about it all and I'm sure I might be making things a lot more complicated than they really need to even be. But if you don't feel the same, I completely understand that. I mean, why would you? You just got out of a relationship, I can't expect you to just jump right back in and start to have feelings for someone else all over again. But I truly believe that you deserve to know that, that there is someone whose in love with you for all the right reasons, not the wrong ones."

(Luna's POV/Narrator)

When I was finally finished with my rant, I looked up at him. His mouth hung open slightly wide and his eyes were glued to the wall ahead of him. I tried to get up from beside him but it was no use, he kept his arms wrapped around me securely. "I'm sorry-" I began to apologize. His lips abruptly met mine for a third time this night, making me stop talking all together once again when he shifted so his body was directly in front of mine. He held me close against him, our lips moving in sync. It was hard to break away from him and I certainly didn't want to but oxygen was much needed on both ends. "You know, I thought I was going to have to be the one to go off and explain why it was that I was having such strong feelings for someone who I had just met, but you pretty much already did enough of that for me. You've basically said everything that I was going to. But seeing as I want to be fair in this, I'll tell you my side. I love you, Luna Draven. I'm in love with you and I can't hide the way that I feel either. I don't want to ruin things between us if we jump into a relationship, but just know, that I do love you too. The feelings are definitely mutual, not one sided. I love you."

Luna stared into Chester's eyes as tears seemed to form in both of theirs. It was plain as day to see that it wasn't going to be easy having to take things slowly for the next few months, especially seeing as they were going to have to hide things from the guys and even the public, but it was also a huge relief just knowing that the love that was felt between the pair was greatly shared. There was no feelings of doubt, no feelings of uncertainty. Just pure and true love.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry its taken so long to update and that it's so damn short!! Holidays are a nightmare but happy new year everyone and thank you all so much for the love and support! This is a filler for what's next to come! So I hope you're still enjoying! xx