Status: Updated as much as possible!

Pushing Me Away

Best Things Come To Those Who Wait

(Luna's POV/Narrator)

And before I knew it, a week had come and gone, it was time to leave for the tour. I was officially given my own press pass and backstage credentials with my own name on them and everything. It was the toughest the last couple of days as we sorted out all of our luggage and everything. I had to say goodbye to my parents on the phone because there simply wasn't enough time to make a trip over there and they couldn't have been more excited or happy for me. I cried, I had to admit, because I was going to miss them tremendously. But Chester insisted that once we were home we could easily make a trip up there and see them, if I wanted him to come along, that is. Of course I said yes, I would love for him to be able to see my childhood home and the place where I lived until college. It was nice, being able to have someone to vent to and share my feelings with who in return reciprocated even more back to me. Now finally as it was time to head out on the first day, we were headed east, to Las Vegas, Nevada for the very first show of the tour. I was staying on the bands bus and to be honest, I was dreading the night that was to come. I wasn't sure where I was going to sleep or anything of the sort but Chester, as always, insisted that everything was going to work out just fine and not to worry at all.

When we had gotten to the venue, I started to notice crowds of people that were already lined up for the show, even though it was still four hours away. As soon as they began to realize that the band was pulling up, they started to scream and cheer loudly. That was the dedication that their fan base had for them. "Luna, you're gonna be needed helping bring in all the merch stuff and setting up the stall. Can you handle it alone until we get everything else together?" Mike instructs me as we walk inside, point over to the designated area. I nod with a proud smirk, of course I could handle it. "I'll be checking on you as soon as I can." Chester says with a warm grin before giving my hand a light tug as he follows off with the others to check in. I feel my cheeks start to grow warm as I watch him walk away. I know it was wrong, but I couldn't help the way I felt about him, he was my savior and to him, I was the same. One by one, I raced back and forth from the buses back inside to the lobby of the arena, each time with three or four boxes loaded up on my roller cart. I stacked them neatly and organized until it came time to sort everything out by size, design, and colors.

Thankfully enough, a younger looking woman named Candy had come to Luna's aid. She was a roadie for the band but often times helped run the merchandise end of things when there wasn't enough help. "Are you a good friend of the bands?" Luna nods while keeping her mind mostly occupied on arranging the shirt box. She wasn't lying, she had gotten close with each of them as time passed, even if it was only shy of couple months now. Joe even said, she was a part of their family and he meant it. "Yes, they invited me along to help after I had gotten out of the hospital." Candy's eyes had grown a bit wider after Luna had mentioned her stay in the ICU. Had she said too much? Should she be ashamed for what had happened to her? No, definitely not. There was absolutely no reason for her to feel bad about what had happened. She was a survivor, she had lived despite her attackers attempts on her life countless times. She wasn't afraid to live her life freely anymore and that meant talking about it as well. "My ex husband had tried to kill me, to put it shortly." That only seemed to make the situation a tad more awkward as Candy eventually focused her attention away from their conversation and continued on sorting through the many items.

After what felt like an eternity, the entire stall was set up and organized appropriately, just as Chester and Mike had may their way over to me. "Wow! This looks incredible! Way better than it usually does." Mike commented excitedly, giving me a swift pat on the back. I beamed in accomplishment. "Thank you, but I had little help. Candy? I think her name was." They both nod, before Mike excuses himself to catch up with Joe and Brad who had happened to pass by on perfect timing, leaving Chester and I alone to talk. "It really looks amazing, you did an excellent job hun." I found myself blushing slightly at his remark, truly feeling good and accomplished about the hard work that I had done for them. He grabs my hand gently before holding onto it for a brief minute. "I'm really glad that you're here, Luna. I mean that, it's so awesome having you around. I know you're going to great and get along well with everyone here. I know it's going to be hard, at least for me it is, to hide my feelings towards you, for now at least, because I know we both don't need anymore unnecessary drama in our lives. But just know, every time that I do this-" He then proceeds to squeeze my hand three times, before letting go slowly. "Means I love you, in my own way."

I felt my face turn bright red as he said those three words to me. Sure, we both openly admitted that we were starting to be in love with one another but to actually hear someone, someone who cares, someone who really means it, say it to me after so long, really pulled at my heart strings. I looked up into his delicate brown eyes, seeing a little spark flicker in them. I quickly grabbed onto his hand before giving it a squeeze four times. "That, means I love you too, in my own way." A large grin spread across his face as he then hugged me tightly, the scent of his cologne filling my nose. It was calm and inviting, something that I definitely could get used to smelling often. "Hey guys." We pulled apart quickly as Dave then came into view, his bass in hand. "We gotta go do soundcheck and let the LP soldiers in early. You ready man? Awesome job by the way Luna, it looks bad ass over here." I let out a content sigh before giving him a high five. I was more then ecstatic at all the praise I was receiving from everyone today but I was also a tad bummed that my moments with Chester kept having to be interrupted and put on hold. Then again, it wasn't supposed to be out in the open, it had to be kept under wraps and basically hidden away from everyone until at least maybe the tour was over. I was feeling more than anxious, I couldn't begin to describe how weird it felt. I felt like I was cheating or something, when I wasn't, I was just feeling strong feelings for him, very suddenly.

Before the pair walk away to leave Luna alone to manage the swarm of people that would be bombarding her momentarily once the doors had opened to early access ticket holders, Chester waited until Dave was out of eyesight to give Luna a quick peck on the cheek. "Good luck, not that you'll need it. You'll do great, I know you will. I'll have one of the sound managers come out and get you before it's time for us to go on so you can switch with Candy and watch us play." He then gave her hand his three squeezes, which made her heart skip what felt like a million and one beats. She was hooked on his affection, there was no denying or hiding that fact. Quickly before he turned on his heels to join his band mates, she grabbed onto his hand and gave it four back, seeing another one of his signature grins that made her melt appear on his face. "See you in an hour, beautiful." And with that last sentence as he walked away had sealed Luna's fate. She was deeply in love with Chester, anyone who witnessed these moments between them would definitely figure that out in a millisecond that they had feelings for each other. Hiding it wasn't going to enough at all whatsoever.

(Chester's POV/Narrator)

As the crowd had swarmed in while we did our soundcheck, I couldn't help it as I gazed out at some of the faces and most of them turned into Luna's. She was all that was on my mind most of the time, ever since I had met her. I guess it could be the circumstances of our meeting that might confuse most about us, she was my ex-wife's lovers wife. I was her ex-husband's lovers husband. How fucking odd is that to explain to someone? I guess to us though, especially to me, it didn't fucking matter. The only thing that mattered was that I finally had found someone who truly loved me for who I was, not because of who I was known as, the lead singer of a famous rock band. Luna loved me for the person I was and I loved her for who she was. She was beautiful and awe inspiring, she had a heart of pure gold despite everything that has ever happened to her. The only reason I wanted to keep things on the down low and on the secret side was because I didn't want to get her involved in all the unnecessary drama that comes with the spotlight. The media attention, the rumors, the fans that start to hate you just because of who you're dating. It all was a lot for one person to handle and I wanted her to see that I was just trying to keep her protected from it.

Mike walks up to me after we finish, saying that he was going to go and get Luna from the merch booth but I quickly insisted that I would go just fine. He eyed me sort of knowingly but thankfully being the good friend that he was, didn't say anything else as I practically ran from off of the stage and out back to the lobby of course with security following along for those 'just in case' moments. Sure enough once I got there, Luna was being swamped with at least fifty people all at once, looking like she was clearly having her work cut out for her. Luckily I had found Candy a few seconds later off to the side talking with another one of the directors before instructing her to switch with Luna. She did so without much hesitation and soon enough Luna was right at my side once again. I wrapped an arm around her waist before pressing a gentle kiss to her temple. "I told you I'd come back for you." She laughs softly, shaking her head some. "But I thought we were supposed to be hiding all this? What if someone sees?" I shrugged before pulling her off to the side and in through a lonely door that led to an empty dressing room. There once I locked the door, I kissed her full on the lips and held her in my arms for as long as I wanted without having to worry about anyone seeing.

She kissed me back with just as much passion before looking away at the ground, shifting herself from foot to foot, clearly nervous. "I'm sorry, you're right. I'll do my best to keep it all under control, I promise." She then smiled weakly at me before taking my hand and giving it three squeezes. I chuckled some before doing four back at her. This was the perfect solution to express how I felt to her without having to actually say it and end up setting off some kind of alarm for others. "Come on, I have a show to do and you've got a show to watch." She agrees silently as I head out of the door first, making sure that the coast was clear before she came out next. We walked to the backstage where the others were desperately waiting for me. "There you two are. Is everything all right up in the front end?" Mike asks as he puts a hand on Luna's shoulder. I nod, telling him that Candy took over everything just fine. "Alright guys, lets go it's showtime!" The sound director yells at the six of us before one by one, we huddle around and chant "Have a good show." to each other. I look back at Luna one more time before rushing off to the stage, mouthing the words I had been dying to tell her since we had come to the agreement to keep our love hidden. "Best things come to those who wait."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh love, so cute and innocent. Hope you all are enjoying, thank you as always for the feedback Kels! xx