Status: Updated as much as possible!

Pushing Me Away

Insides Crying Save Me Now

(Luna's POV/Narrator)

She couldn't believe it, she was still alive. After the intense and brutal beating she had endured for the second time that day, Luna was still alive. She was incredibly bruised and swollen, a little bloody too, but she was still alive. Her heart was still beating somehow in her chest and that made her smile some. There was still hope for her, she truly believed that this wasn't the end. She wasn't sure exactly what time of day it was, she wasn't even sure of what day it was, truthfully, anymore. She had been unconscious for who knows how long this time. When she got up from off of the kitchen floor, she struggled greatly to see. Everything was dark and blurry, she honestly thought that she had gone blind. Thankfully she still somehow managed to make it to the bathroom without falling to where she could look at herself in the mirror. You couldn't tell you were looking at a woman when you saw her. Both eyes were completely swelled and her left eye socket looked broken. Her lips were busted, her cheeks a deep shade of purple and blue. She had a huge gash that ran down her forehead that was surrounded by dried blood. She screamed in total agony, she screamed so loud the glass had started to crack.

Luna didn't recognize that person in the mirror, she didn't want to believe that it was her own reflection she was staring at. How could she have let things get this bad? She suddenly wished that she was dead, she pleaded and begged sadly that she could just drop to the floor and her heart would stop. But of course, it didn't happen that way. Instead, she decided to drag herself through the hallways and to Adam's bedroom. There was no sign of him, no sign that he had been home at all. With the throbbing in her head, she tried her best to reach for the house phone this time and dial Chester's phone number. She messed up a few times due to her inability to see correctly until she finally got it right. It must have rang all of two seconds before she could hear the sound of his sweet voice come through the other end. She tried her hardest to make the words come out of her mouth, but it wasn't working. Adam had choked her so hard, it hurt to even breathe. Come on! She screamed at herself inside of her head, she knew this may be her only chance. "Luna? Hello? Is this you?" His voice sounds somewhat excited, like if he had been waiting to hear from her this entire time. She slammed her already bruised hand into the ground angrily. Why couldn't she talk?

"Luna, if this is you, just press a number on the keypad." She does as he instructs her to do. Still unable to speak, the tears now rush down her face as the anxiety and panic start to rise in her. Adam could be anywhere and she definitely did not want to be caught again. "Luna, I want to help you. I need to know where you are. Can you try to talk?" She swallows hard, her mouth dry and aching as she forces herself to try and say something, anything. "Help." is all she manages to get out when the deep burning in her throat overpowers her once more. She can still feel Adam's hands tightly wrapped around her neck, squeezing as hard as he possibly could. He was trying to kill her, that much was clear to her. But he didn't succeed, he failed. "I want to help you Luna, I need to find you." Chester's voice was starting to become worried and anxious, Luna knew she had to act fast and figure something out. So without much thinking, she forced herself to try and speak more. "2385...Look..Lookout..Place." She cries out in constant pain before abruptly hanging up the phone and passing out once again.

(Chester's POV/Narrator)

I immediately feel a sense of relief wash over me as I recognize the name of the street she had given me. It was surprisingly only a good three blocks away from my own home, which literally only takes me about ten minutes to get there. I know the time is running out fast, that whoever her attacker was could be coming back any second. I park my car a few feet away to try and not look incredibly obvious before I race up to the front door of the house. The door is left open and I rush inside, frantically screaming out for Luna. She's no where to be found, so I start on my decent to look for her. I check every room, everyone closet, every bathroom, still nothing. Finally when I descend up the small flight of stairs, I see her, laying in a ball on the floor of what I assumed to be her bedroom. I almost have to force myself not to scream as I finally get a good look at her. Its absolutely mortifying, she looked nothing like the woman I had seen only a mere almost twenty four hours ago. I carefully scoop her up in my arms before grabbing a small bag that I recognized as hers and the small, black address book she kept clutched in her hands. I know we have to get out fast.

I carefully try to navigate my way down the flights of stairs in total darkness, as it is about two in the morning, until I eventually make it outside to my car. I somehow manage to get Luna inside the backseat where I then place her belongings beside her. I know it's not everything she could need, but it was a start. I race for the drivers door and lock the doors the moment I'm back inside before hurriedly leaving, not once looking back. I know Luna needs to be taken to a hospital as soon as possible, so I waste no time in getting there. On the way, I call Mike and ask him to meet me. I pretty much spill everything to him, as crazy and unbelievable as it all sounds and he reluctantly still agrees. When we pull up to the emergency department, I leave Luna for a brief second and scream out for help once I step inside the lobby. Almost instantly am I followed outside by two paramedics with a stretcher, a nurse, and a doctor. They hoist Luna out of the car and onto the bed as quickly as possible and urgently take her inside. The nurse and I follow behind as she tries to gather all my information. My hands are shaking tremendously and my head is spinning as I try to keep it together.

I tell her my name for starters and that I had only known Luna for a short period of time, that I met her at a coffee shop yesterday morning but that I had noticed that she was visibly hurt. I tell her that I had given her my number in the event that she ever needed help. The nurse is stunned, to say the least but grateful in the end for me helping an almost total stranger. I tell her it was in my nature, that I was always willing to help whoever needed it. She thanks me again and tells me that the police would be arriving shortly to collect a statement and more information. I sit down on a small chair in the large waiting area, soon to be greeted by Mike. His eyes are bloodshot and his face clearly shows that he was sleeping. I apologize countless times until he eventually tells me to shut up. "So you really saved this girl, huh? I knew you weren't going to let it go. But that's just you, always caring and concerned for everyone. Was she that bad?" As much as I didn't want to have to describe and relive the horrifying scene that I saw, I still tell him everything. By the time I finish, he's almost practically in tears. "Fuck dude, how could someone be so cruel?" I shake my head sadly.

Before I'm able to get much else out, I see my phone had ten missed calls, ten voicemails and twelve text messages. All from Ava, wondering where the hell I was and who the hell I was with. Only this time, I don't give any sort of explanation, no sort of idea as to where I could be, I simply tell her that I had to go help out a friend. She's irate and livid by my response, but I don't give in. After seeing what I had seen tonight, I knew things had to change. I wasn't going to live my life like this anymore, I wasn't going to continue being treated like garbage and cheated on. I was going to do what made me happy, I was going to live the way that I wanted to, I was going to finally be happy. "You're going to regret this, Chester. Don't you dare bother coming home, I'll deal with you later on. You're truly disappointing, I can't believe that I still continue to stay here and wait around for you like a dog. I'm through, Chester Bennington. I'm through with you." Those words suddenly sound like music to my ears as I hang up, a smile finally creeping it's way onto my face.

Mike still stares in me in complete disbelief as he too had finally heard the same that I did. "Excuse, sir? We need to speak with you for a moment, please." I look up casually, seeing it's the police. I tell Mike that I'll be right back and to wait for me, which of course he agrees to. They start asking me mostly the same questions that the nurse did until the final one that really caught me by surprise. "Are you aware that she is married?" I shake my head no, I really had no idea, I never saw a ring on her finger. "Well we believe the only person who could have committed this type of abuse to be her spouse considering the circumstances and the location she was found in. She will have to confirm all this though and decide if she's even going to press charges. Although she clearly isn't in a stable state at this time, this will have to wait a while. Are you willing to be a witness on her behalf?" I tell them yes and that I would be willing to help with whatever they needed me to. They tell me that they would be in touch and soon a nurse comes out to tell me an update on Luna. She's been heavily sedated as the pain was taking a serious toll on her heart, they were afraid she'd go in cardiac arrest. They tell me she's suffered a concussion, four broken ribs, fractured cheek bones, a broken eye socket, a broken hand and her jaw had been dislocated. The anger rises in me immensely.

At that moment, the only thing that I could think of was finding her husband and putting him in his grave. He didn't deserve to be breathing anymore, especially after the way that he had treated someone who he supposedly loved and cared for. It was all lies, their marriage was clearly all lies and was built on false love. Just like mine and Ava's. But just as I'm on the edge of smashing my fists into the walls and yelling many obscenities, the police return and tell me the person they're going to be speaking to, Luna's husband, his name is what clearly catches my attention and cause my heart to stop dead in it's tracks. "Adam, his name is Adam."

(Narrator)

Luna was sleeping soundly from the medication as Chester had finally been let into the room to see her. The tears ran hot down his face as he took a hold of her fragile hand that had been put into a cast. He didn't even know this woman right, he only knew her for a total of twenty four hours and already, something about her, was stealing his heart away. "I'm here for you, Luna and I promise I'm not going to go anywhere. I won't let anyone hurt you, not anymore."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you as always Kelsey for the continued support and love! I hope you like this one! xo