Status: Updated as much as possible!

Pushing Me Away

Can I Help You Not To Hurt Anymore

(Chester's POV/ Narrator)

As days passed by slowly, Chester knew that Luna needed the love and support of her own family. She still hadn't fully come out of her foggy state of mind, so he called them while she slept soundly. He was incredibly nervous, what would he even say to them? They've only been acquaintance's let alone friends for shy of three weeks now. What if they disapproved of him and his caring for Luna? No. Chester couldn't think like that, he had to remain positive and confident. They would be more than happy that there was someone who was helping their daughter survive the entire ordeal. Wouldn't they? He had to stay positive, for Luna's sake. He wanted her to be surrounded by people who love and care for her when she fully woke up. He was only doing it for her best interest, no bad intentions what so ever. He waited patiently until the phone stopped at the fifth ring. "Hello?" A soft voice answered, it had to be her mother. Chester drew in a quick breath before preparing himself. "Hello, yes. Are you by any chance Luna's mother?" The line was quiet for a few seconds until her heard a soft sigh on the other end. "Yes, is she alright? Is she-" He quickly stopped her, not wanting to even hear that word.

He reassured her that Luna would be fine, but that she was under heavy medication for pain. He hated having to break the news that Adam had somehow gotten to her while Chester was away for a brief moment with his friends, but Luna's mother insisted it wasn't his fault. She made it very clear that she always knew there was something off about Adam from the first moment she had met him when Luna was 19. They stayed on the phone for a total of twenty minutes until the two had agreed that they would be there the following morning to see their daughter and finally meet Chester. She didn't ask tons of nosy or personal questions about him either thankfully, all she mentioned was that she was incredibly grateful for a man like him to come into her daughter's life out of nowhere and save her. Chester felt himself blush, no one had told him anything like that before. He was just internally grateful, he was proud that he could help save a life no matter where he was in the world. "I look forward to meeting you tomorrow then, Mr. Bennington. Thank you, again. For helping Luna."

After he had hung up, he could see Luna stirring uncomfortably in her sleep. Her heart started to race, signaling she was in clear distress. Chester quickly reached out and grabbed onto her hand gently, stroking the top of it with his thumb. He then began to softly sing to her, anything that he could think of in that split second to try and get her to calm down. It usually worked the last couple of times that he had done it, so he was always willing to do it again. "Spinning on that dizzy edge, I kissed her face and kissed her head. And dreamed of all the different ways I had to make her glow. Why are you so far away, she said. Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with you, that I'm in love with you." He instantly stopped singing when he finally realized what it exactly was that he was saying. He hadn't sung that song to anyone before, not even his own wife. It brought a tear to his eye but he wiped it away without any hesitation. It was just a silly song, he only did it to help Luna.
There was no real sentimental value or meaning behind it, so why was he getting so upset about it?

"How did you know I liked the Cure?" His head snapped quickly to the side as he saw Luna was in fact now awake, with both eyes staring at him and a smile on her face. His cheeks flushed bright red and he rubbed at the back of his neck with embarrassment. "I-I-Uh, just a lucky guess?" She giggled at how he stammered nervously over his words, something he hadn't yet heard from her. He smiled now, laughing lightly himself. "How are you feeling?" She gave a slight shrug before yawning wide.
I've felt better, but finally able to wake up fully for once. Has anyone said anything to you?" Chester shook his head. The police still hadn't been able to track down Adam and Ava was still out of sights as well. Luna sighed, pressing her lips together. "I'm sorry, I know this isn't easy for you." Again he shook his head, insisting that none of this was her fault. "It's all my fault for leaving you unattended, I'm so so sorry, Luna. I should have been there for you, I should have been aware of everything going on. I never should have left to see my friends." Luna put her hand on top of his, giving it a reassuring squeeze as tight as her weak body would allow her. "Chester, you had no idea this was going to happen, neither of us did. Your friends, your band, that's your top priority, not me."

His heart sank some in his chest. He didn't want her to feel like she wasn't one of his top priorities, he wanted her to know that she was right there with them. "Luna, this isn't just some pity party that I'm pulling here, I genuinely care about you. My friends, the guys, they care about you too. They all want to meet you, whenever you're ready. They even have my house all set up to help move your things into it. You are one of my top priorities, I promise you that. Even your parents know that." He could feel her tense up in the moment those words left his lips. He was going to not even mention about them coming to see her or speaking to them while she was asleep in fear that she would be upset with him for prying into her personal life. "You talked to my parents?" Her voice was soft and almost barely inaudible for him to hear. He averted his gaze down to the floor, shifting from side to side uncomfortably. "I-I didn't know what else to do. I'm sorry, again. But I just figured you needed the support and love from your family as well. I know it's not my place, but I was only trying to help you not to hurt anymore." Luna then took Chester's hand and kissed the top of it softly. He was only trying to help.

(Luna's POV/Narrator)

"You are helping, I know. It's just I didn't really want them to hear about Adam coming back after me while I was here. But it's okay, I'm not angry." Even though Chester and I had only known each other for a little shy of three weeks, I truly felt as if we were starting to become very close friends. He took care of me constantly, especially through all of this. And even when he thought I wasn't able to listen or hear him, I knew when he was singing to me. He would sing songs from his own band, he would sing children's songs, lullaby's. He was an amazing person and I was eternally grateful for meeting him. I felt myself taking his hand in mine again only this time not hesitating to keep holding it. His eyes were fixed on mine, a small smile soon gracing his lips. "You're a great friend, Chester and I'm super grateful that you're still here for me. I know we hardly know each other but that doesn't matter to me. You go above and beyond every time. And I can't wait for you to meet my parents, I know they're going to love you, especially for what you've done for me." His face perked up immediately once I said that, making me laugh some. "You're a really great friend too, Luna. I honestly couldn't imagine not being here for you. It's just not who I am." Again I couldn't help but blush slightly at his words. How anyone could ever let this man go, how anyone could ever hurt him, was completely beyond me.

I suddenly felt a bit embarrassed as I eventually realized that we were still holding each other's hand. But to be quite honest, it just felt so normal and natural that it almost scared me to death. When he realized that I probably felt different, he let it go casually with a smirk. "Do you really mean what you said?" I felt the words just falling out of my mouth as I remembered what he had said only moments ago. "What do you mean?" He asked slightly puzzled. I took in a small breath before gathering up enough courage to explain myself. "That you want to help me not to hurt any longer. Do you really mean that?" He nodded vigorously this time, completely sure of himself. "Of course I do. You of all people deserve that feeling, you deserve to be happy and well taken care of." She couldn't control herself as a single tear rolled down her face. No one had ever said that to her before, especially Adam. It was always all about him and never about her or even the both of them. Chester quickly noticed and wasted no time in wiping it away for her with his thumb. She thanked him, still laughing lightly. "I would absolutely love to meet your friends, too. Anyone who is a friend of yours its mine too. I hope they know that I'm grateful for them as well for helping with it all."

Chester insisted that they would be thrilled and excited to finally meet me, that they were more than willing to always help with anything that he needed them do. When the conversation fell silent for a moment, Luna finally thought of the right words to say to Chester that truly expressed just exactly how she was feeling at that moment. "You deserve to be happy too, Chester. You don't deserve any of the heartache that you've endured over the course of your marriage and relationship. I'm sorry Adam tore both of our lives apart. But I promise you too, that I'll do whatever I can to help heal you as well. You deserve to be treated like the sweet and caring man that you are. You don't deserve any of the pain that you've suffered and I want to try and do my best to take it all away. If you want me to, that is. If not I completely understand, but just know that I'm here for you too, whenever you want to talk to me about anything. I'll always listen to you." Luna saw a glimmer of hope flicker in his eyes before he leaned down and gently placed a small kiss on her bruised cheek. Her face heated up immensely, but she didn't seem to mind anymore. She enjoyed the feeling, it was very welcomed.

Now she hardly could wait any longer for her parents to get here, she was more than eager for them to meet the man that had saved her life and who was now helping to repair her broken heart as she was for him as well. They were going to make it, they were going to survive the rough waters, they had each other. "That means a lot to me, Luna. You have no idea how long it has been since someones told me anything like that. Sure I have my friends, but I've told them before too, it's just different when you hear beautiful things like that coming from an amazing woman like yourself. I can't wait to meet your parents, they need to know just how perfect of a daughter they have raised."
♠ ♠ ♠
So so sorry that its taken so long but I promise updates will be more frequent and regular again! Thank you as always Kelsey, you're a saint for being so patient with me! Enjoy everyone! xo