Status: Updated as much as possible!

Pushing Me Away

May Your Love Never End

(Luna's POV/Narrator)

Luna waited around anxiously the next morning for the arrival of her parents. She had encouraged Chester to invite his friends over as well, so that everyone could finally meet each other, but he felt more nervous about it than her. "I just don't want to overcrowd or take away any time of your parents to spend with you." She was persistent and wouldn't let him give up that easy though. "Nonsense, I'd love to meet them, I told you that. Now would be the perfect opportunity." He sighed, clearly defeated, but smiled all the while. She had that effect on him, that much was evident. "I'm warning you now though, they are a bit rowdy." She laughed softly, shaking her head. "Just call them already." And so he did, his hands trembling and legs twitching the entire time the phone rang. She had started to feel more comfortable and relaxed regardless of what had happened only a few days ago, because Chester had stayed constantly by her side day and night, until recently the police had announced that they had a lead on Adam. He was last seen somewhere up north near San Francisco, with a woman, who they also figured out was Ava, Chester's soon to be ex wife. It haunted her to know that this was all still a harsh reality that the two of them had to deal with, but it also relieved her some to know that they were going to soon be caught and Chester and her would be free to enjoy each others company without worry.

Adam was stalking Chester for the last week, following and watching his every move. Ava, turns out, was the one who was following Chester's phone with a tracking she had put on it. She figured out how to find out where he was at all times, who then in return, fed all the information to Adam. They assumed that Chester must have taken Luna, they assumed she was at the hospital, seeing as majority of the time Chester was there. They assumed correctly, which is what led Adam up to finding Luna and in the process, hurting her even more. He was more than likely trying to kill her this time, so that way when it came to the police investigating, she wouldn't be able to give any statements or be a witness to anything, she would be dead. She felt incredibly sick to her stomach when she had heard the news from the detectives that were assigned to the case after the police had found out they were spotted in San Francisco, but even more so she felt so bad for Chester. This was his own ex wife that was helping Luna's now ex husband hurt the both of them. It wasn't easy to fathom, but this was somehow the cards that they were dealt in fate and in return, they had to make the best of them. But that's what they were working on now, just healing with each other.

She smiled up at Chester hopefully once he had finished up his conversation with his friend, Mike. "Well, the guys will be here in about twenty minutes and your parents will be here in about an hour. So I guess your little plan worked, you're going to have all of us together." She clapped happily, laughing. "That's the way that I like things, in my favor." He couldn't help but to smile at her as he put a hand to her face, stroking it as gently as he could. She felt her cheeks flush bright red as she tried to hide the joy that was taking over. She hadn't felt such a genuine, lovely feeling like that in such a long time, she had almost forgotten what it felt like all together. "I'm glad to see that you're happy. It makes me happy, you know? I hate when others are hurt or sad, especially you. You're too pretty to be sad." Luna again tried to shield her face as Chester's charm was clearly winning her over. Her heart was beating rapidly while her stomach did back flips. Again, she wasn't used to this type of attention, this type of caring. Adam never told her things like that, he never told her how beautiful she was or how he hated to see her upset. He told her she was acting like a child and that she looked like a clown with all that makeup she put on her face. It was his fault though, if he hadn't hit or left so many marks on her, she wouldn't have to put on an entire new face in the first place.

Thankfully, a knock at the door tore us away from our playful conversation as Chester got up to answer it. It revealed to be his friends, all with smiles and 'Get Well Soon' balloons in their hands. "Luna, these are the guys; Mike, Brad, Rob, Dave, and Joe. Guys, this is Luna." They all exchanged simple hellos and nice to meet yous before Chester insisted that they sit and stay a while. Mike was the first to speak up, taking notice of Luna's grey eyes. "Wow, that's a bad ass eye color you're blessed with. Chester, you didn't tell me she had eyes of a God." Luna blushed brightly at his words, Chester rolled his eyes simply before nudging him in the side. "Anyway, so these are the guys. Mike does back up vocals and such, Brad does guitar, Dave bass, Rob drums, and Joe is all the technical stuff." Luna nodded, admiring their roles. She had never met anyone famous or in a band before, so this was all new to her. "I'd love to hear you guys play sometime, I've never been to a show, besides like classical music and stuff." Their eyes had pretty much bugged out of their sockets once hearing the girl say that, like if she was telling a total lie. "No way!? But you're like, super edgy, how can you not have been a show before?!" She sighed with a slight shrug. Adam wasn't into music like that, he hated whatever Luna listened to and she wasn't allowed to go out besides to things he liked to do. "My ex husband, he hated all that stuff. I wasn't even allowed to go to my own birthday parties friends would throw me." Now their faces turned to sympathy and hatred. "Fuck that guy, straight up."

Another knock soon followed after, revealing Luna's parents. Everyone's eyes fell on the pair as her mother rushed to her daughter's side, tears falling and sobs escaping as she looked on at the damage that was done to her. The guys had opted to give the family a private moment but Luna relented, stating that they were apart of her family now, especially after all their help and support through all this for someone they hardly knew. "I insist, please guys. Stay." One by one they each sat as Luna then took turns introducing them to her parents. "My mom, Anne and my dad, Enzo." They all exchanged a series of hellos before Luna noticed her father motioning to Chester for him to follow along outside. She kept a watchful eye on them as the two disappeared outside to the empty hallway. She only could imagine what in the world it could be that he was going to tell him.

(Chester's POV/Narrator)

As I followed Luna's father out to the hallway, I was immediately caught off guard when the larger man embraced me in a tight hug. He broke down into tears as he told me just how grateful he was that I had saved his daughter. "You have no idea how indebted I am to you, sir. You saved my little girls life, and you hardly know her. Anyone who is willing to risk their own life and safety for someone else, is a true hero. I've never liked that man that she married, I always thought he was a complete fraud. But for Luna's sake, I pretended to tolerate the man. Only when I started to notice that Luna was coming over anymore and her excuses were becoming more and more odd, I knew something was wrong. But her mother would make me stay out of it, saying that I shouldn't interfere. I always knew better though, and I always worried for her safety. I was so ashamed, that one day the last call I would receive would be one to go and claim Luna's body. I am so thankful, that you stepped in and helped. I am so grateful that you are here. How I will ever repay you, I'm not sure. But just know that you have my eternal gratitude." I wasn't sure what to even say after her father had finished speaking, besides the truth that I knew that had to be told. "I am so glad and honored, but you should know how we met. I am the other man, my wife, is Adam's mistress. Luna was the other woman to me, the wife of my wife's lover. It sounds so far fetched, but its the truth."

His face contorted from shock to clearly irate. "You mean that son of a bitch was cheating on her?! And his lover was your own wife? My dear boy, you both have suffered greatly. If I ever get my hands on that worthless snake, I'd kill him. But let us look at the bright side of things now. You and Luna have endured the same pain, you're alike in so many ways. She tells me that you're a musician. Luna is also an artist, a writer. I think the two of you being close friends is a beautiful thing. She could learn to finally be herself and start to enjoy the things she used to by being around you and your friends. Now come, let's go back inside and join the others. I'm sure she's probably upset that I took you away from the spotlight." I just nodded before following him back into the room, seeing Luna's face instantly perk up when she saw me. I immediately went to her side before giving her hand a light squeeze. "So I was just telling my mom here that I'm going to be moving in with you. She seems to think that I'm going to be in your way, but I'm not, am I?" I shook my head vigorously. I had insisted on these arrangements. "No not at all, I insisted. You live a few hours away, I only live a few blocks away. I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest. These guys have already cleared out tons of space and made everything perfect for her homecoming. I promise she will be safe and well taken care of. You can trust me." I was suddenly caught off guard again when her mother embraced me in a tight hug this time, tears streaming down her face.

"I love you, Mr. Bennington. I know we don't know you that well, but I hope you know that we love you. Don't ever let anyone steal that away from you, your pure heart. It may hurt now, because of the circumstances, but it will pass. Don't let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch, you have to keep loving. I know Luna is feeling the same as you do, and I know she feels the same as us. She loves you, I know it. I can see it in her eyes whenever she looks at you." I blinked back some as I stared up slowly at Luna, who was talking to Mike and Brad, laughing and still smiling wide. She was beautiful, she was caring, she was kind. What was there not to love about her? Regardless of everything, he was starting to feel it to. He loved the girl with the grey eyes, he couldn't wait until she was out of this hospital and in his home. He was going to show her so many things she probably hadn't seen before, he was going to take her out to fancy places and show her how a woman should be treated. He was excited to be going on tour soon, he was going to bring her with him. He was going to show her an entirely new world, one built on love and only the happy times. He never wanted to see her not smiling, that was his goal. "I love her too, and I don't even really know her."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all the support as usual Kelsey! Sorry its taken so long but I hope you enjoy this one! Let me know what you think! xo