When in Doubt

Like Those Old Movies

When did she start feeling doubts about her relationship with him? God knows she loved him, but lately, all Scott could talk about was the future. Kids, marriage, being normal...

All of that is scary, and add the fact that she and Scott were Mutants (possibly the strongest ones in existence--save for Logan, that Man was...)

For a moment, Jean felt her heart thump and her cheeks blush. Ever since she's met Logan, she's felt attracted to him. She didn't know why. Jean's always liked a challenge and with her psychic abilities, she could read other people's minds, see into the innermost place of their minds. Sometimes she'd slip through that forbidden door by accident but when she realizes she did, she immediately walks back out and back to the where her charge needed her. It's because of what happened with Scott that she fell in love with him, but helping Logan, the supposed dangerous bestial man that rides motorcycles, figure out some random stray memory that comes to the surface in his dreams, he trusted her, allowed her into the more intimate parts of his mind, of his memories.

When she first dove into Logan's fractured memories, she felt nothing but pity and sympathy. It was her good nature (and the Professor's orders) that made her want to help him.

Then there was Scott, the Field Commander of the X-Men (at least during battles and all their missions), the good guy, the boy scout, and his compassion. Scott was an all-around perfect guy, well except for when he mistrusts someone like Logan based off their rough appearance. But sometimes that mistrust, that male ego or Alpha Male stuff was too much.

But still, she loves Scott and some part of her wants to overcome her fear of settling down and starting a family with him, but another part of her was drawn to Logan's rebellious nature (it wasn't really rebellious but Logan did have that wild bad boy vibe like in one of those old fifties west side-esque movies where a good girl falls for a bad boy but is caught in a love triangle with the supposedly perfect guy--What in the world in was she thinking?)

Jean couldn't help the small smile on her face, and the small hum of a chuckle that left her parted lips as she rested her chin on her hand, leaning against the railing of the balcony outside her bedroom.

"Something funny, Red?" Asked a gruff voice. That rough sounding voice made her feel startled like someone had sent sparks through her body and Jean immediately turned around to find Logan standing just outside her bedroom. It was normal for him to be in his pajamas at this time of the morning. It was morning and... most likely he had just gotten out of the bathroom judging from the cotton towel slung about his shoulders.

Jean's cheeks flushed and she shook her. "N-no, I was just thinking of something my parents used to watch."

"Really?" Logan raised an eyebrow, his usual scowl turning into that oh so intriguing smirk. "Anything I'd watch?" He asked in a teasing voice.

Again her cheeks flushed and Jean found her heart pounding hard once more. "No, I mean the movie was way before your time, after-I mean after your time!" Jean almost never tripped over her words. Just what was going on with her?

Wolverine found himself chuckling at how... school-girl-like Jean was being, tripping over her own words like she was having trouble speaking to a crush. But then again, knowing him, Wolverine would be considered an old man despite his somewhat youthful appearance and Jean might as well be his daughter, perhaps granddaughter. Another reason to let the Boy Scout have her. They're perfect for each other, perhaps a little too perfect if she's already accepted Scott's proposal.

"Logan, do you think we could go see one of those movies together?" Her voice interrupted Logan's almost bitter thoughts, drawing him back to Earth.

"What?" The confused man asked.

Jean chuckled again, this time smiling a bit more warmly. "Do you want to catch a movie this weekend? I've been wanting to watch an old movie and it so happens George's Theater is playing a weekend marathon of classic fifties movies."

This time it was Logan's turn to feel the strange but oh so familiar warmth blooming in his chest. A date with Jean Gray? The future Mrs. Scott Summers? Wouldn't she want to spend all her time with Scott, planning their wedding and all the other technical but still romantic crap? One look in Jean's blue eyes told him she was serious.

Then again, she's already spent the past few weeks with lover boy so why not let her have a taste of the wild side? Logan almost smirked at his own thoughts (Good thing Jean wasn't reading them right now! He'd be in a hot mess). "Sure, when's the first movie?"

Jean smiled more and she found herself feeling relieved. At least with Logan, there was no pressure, but then again, there was also a small doubt that spending time with Logan will erase any feelings she held for Scott. But she can't think about that right now.

"In two hours." She replied.

"Good, then I hope you'll be ready by then." Wolverine said with one more smirk and he left, feeling all the more satisfied.