Take Me to the Races

Prisoners

I took a seat across from Sheriff Keller, for some reason I was one of the students being questioned about Midge. “When was the last time you talk to Midge?” He got right to it.
I bite my lip, thinking about it. I didn’t talk to her a lot lately. I haven’t talked to much Northsiders since it came out that I was dating a Ghoulie. Now that I thought about it, I wasn’t sure if that was on their part or mine. If it was because, I got busy doing my part for the Ghoulie or if they don’t want to talk to a criminal’s girlfriend. “When I visited Moose in the hospital after they were attacked,” I answer.
“Is it true that you tutored Moose?” He asks after look down at his notes.
“Yes, what does that have to do with anything?” I narrow my eyes.
“Maybe you gain feelings for him. You acted out of jealousy.” He stares at my face waiting for a reaction.
I bite the inside of my cheek to stop from snapping, “You can ask my parents or Chic, I didn’t leave my seat for the whole play.”
“Chic, Alice’s son?” He raises his eyebrows, not aware that we had a friendship.
“Yeah, he was sitting next to me.” I shrug, trying to come off as us being acquaintance. Chic isn't someone who had the best reputation.
“That irrelevant, considering the connections you have.” He leaned back in his chair.
“What? What does that mean?” I sneer.
“Can you tell me where all the Ghoulies were that night?” He asks.
“You think that my boyfriend’s friend killed a girl, so that I would have a shot with her boyfriend?” I let out a bitter laugh at the ridiculousness of that theory.
“Maybe you spin them a different story to get them to do it? You didn’t answer my question.” He shrugs.
“No, I don’t know where all the Ghoulies were that night. Why are you treating me like the prime suspect? You saw who signed that death note.” I grip the arms of the wooden chair I was sitting on.
“The Black Hood is gone.” He told me.
“How do you know that?” I cocked my head to the side.
“Svenson was the Black Hood. I caught him trying to bury your brother. I shot him.” He said it slowly like I was stupid.
“Exactly, you never got to question him. How do you know that he wasn’t working with someone else?” I point out the flaws in the actions that happened that day.
“Because, I know,” He gave that shitty come back that all adults use when they have no reason. They use their age and authority to overrule you.
“I’m done with this. So unless you’re going to arrest me, I’m going.” I stood up from the chair. When he didn’t stop me, I walk over to the door and open it. “You’re one of those people who have great intentions, but you’re just shitty at your job.” I slam it.
I ran out of the station with Jughead, Archie, Veronica, and Betty chasing after me. “What’s wrong?” Archie grab me, to stop me from getting into the Red Hot Mama.
“He thinks I killed Midge!” I cried.
“What?” Their jaw drops in shock.
“He thinks I gain feelings for Moose while tutoring him and got a Ghoulie to kill her out of jealousy, which is flawed on some many levels. If he wants to use the jealousy theory he should look at his son. BECAUSE KEVIN FUCKED MOOSE, NOT ME! BEING THE DIRECTOR, HE HAD ACCESS TO HER...” I shout at the police station. I wish I would have thought about that when I was in there. But, I was so over well at the thought of going to jail for a murder I didn’t commit.
“Calm down. You making a scene out here isn’t going to help anything.” Archie pull me into a hug. He stroked my hair until I stop shaking in rage. “We’re going to Pops, do you want to come?” He looks down at me.
“I’m not hungry. I think I’m going to go home.” I told him. He nods his head and let me get in the truck. I drove home, wondering if I should get a lawyer. I don’t think your mom can represent you or it that just doctors?

I stood between my brother and father, dressed all in black. I stare at the casket that held the body of a girl who was only a year older than me. A girl that was brutally stabbed to death on school grounds, with hundreds of people in the next room. A girl that I was being accused of murdering, but I push that thought to the back of my mind today. Today was about remembering her life.
A tear ran down my face as I wonder how. How could no one have heard her? She didn’t deserve to die, because she experiment with drugs and had premarital sex. Unfortunately, there was an insane man with a god complex running around Riverdale. Dad could be his next target. I for once was happy for selfless reason that mom had to go back to Chicago. She has technically committed adultery too.
“When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dark. At the end of the storm, there's a golden sky and the sweet silver song of a lark.” Cheryl was leading the vixen in singing: You’ll Never Walk Alone, to honor their fallen cheerleader.
As a family we walk up and each put a white rose down on her casket. I put my head on Archie’s shoulder as I cry. I remember all the time that Midge would thank me and give me baked goods for tutoring Moose. Archie guide me back to our seats as he rubbed my back.
After finishing the song, Cheryl raises her hands in the air making the vixen in the back of her raise their black pom-poms up. “I also feel it is my duty to say that like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who ceaselessly pursue blood atonement when a crime's been committed, the Vixens and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister is rightly punished.” She shot a glare at Sheriff Keller. After that we watched as the casket was dropped into the ground with heavy hearts.
Dad and I were walking back to the pickup truck when the sound of skin hitting skin fills the cemetery. I turned around to see the sheriff holding his cheek and Mrs. Klump yelling at him, “You're supposed to be protecting our children! You should be ashamed of yourself!” She sobs as she got into her car.
“Your days of failing this town over and over again are numbered Sheriff.” Cheryl hiss in his face.
“Come on. She has been through enough without people staring at her like she was putting on a show.” Dad ushered me into the truck.

“Love the article, Blossom.” I smile at her in the school hallway as I wave my copy of the Riverdale Register around.
“Thank you.” She smiles brightly at me.
Before we could talk more about it, Veronica grabs my arm. “I need to talk to you.” She pulls me into an empty classroom.
“What’s up? Need to know Archie’s birthday or something?” I ask.
She walk back to lock the door before turning to me. “No, we need to save Archie from Nick.”
“What?” I snap. “I thought he was at yours last night and he forgets to tell dad.”
She put a finger up to her lips to tell me not to be so loud. “No, Nick kidnaps him and is holding him for ransom. I got some of the money, but for some reason he wants you there for the trade.”
“He tries to force himself on me at his party. I told Malachai who sent the Ghoulies to run him off the road.” I explain to her.
“I thought that was my dad.” She tilts her head in confusion.
“They must have beaten him to it.” I shrug.
She nods her head, buying that answer. “We are meeting him after school at Pops.” She told me.
“Let work, I got a shift at 4:30pm anyways.” I nod my head, not knowing what I was talking about. I don’t care if it was in the middle of my shift and I had to quit to sit with them, I would.

I was bouncing my legs as I sat with Veronica in a booth at Pops. “When is he supposed to be here, my shift is about to start?” I glare at the door. She was sipping her tea, stare at the door also.
The bell above the door rang and in came that vile waste of skin and bones. “Veronica. Abigail. You both look lovely.” He smiles as he took a seat across from us.
“Before we do anything, I need proof that Archie's okay.” Veronica said, not wanting to trade pleasantries with him. He pulled out his phone to show us a picture of him, tied to a chair beaten up. “Archie, oh my God!” She gasps, reaching for the phone but he put it back in his pocket.
“That is not okay.” I glare at the rich brat.
“He’s not died, yet anyways.” He snickers, smugly.
“Where is he, you barbarian?” She hisses at him.
“First, the money,” He gestured to the duffel bag that was sitting between us. Veronica hand it over to him. “There's no way this is all of it.” He scoffed, feeling the light bag.
“Let Archie go and I will get you the rest, Nick.” She promised.
“How? How are you going to come up with that kind of cash, Veronica, if not from your parents? Unless, you girls give me something else,” He smirks, licking his lips as he looks between the two of us.
“Dare I ask what?” She asked, even though an idiot would know what he was implying.
“How about what we started in New York? What we should have finished back at the Five Seasons? You and I on the bed,” He eyes her up before turning to me. “You and I on the couch, I'm owed a night of pleasure. I'll book my usual suite.”
“My God, Nick! You're a reptile.” She spat at him. “Even if we…. did agree, what guarantee do we have that you'll let Archie go?”
“Why, my word as a gentleman, of course.” He chuckled.
“Look like we don’t have much.” I mutter.
“Starting time,” Pops call to me.
I stood up from the booth to get to work. Nick grabs my wrist. “Don’t worry about wearing something pretty for me. I already have an outfit picked out for you.”

“Did you get what I asked you to?” I look over at Maverick.
“Hey, I did.” He handed me a plastic baggie that held the date rape drug. “Remember, if you run into any trouble tonight we push your panic button.” He reminded me that my bracelet was more than it appears to be.
After a lot of arguing, I finally got Malachai to agree to try Veronica and I plan first. But, I had to agree to wear the charm bracelet. On the ghost charm, there was a panic button that would alert them I was in trouble. If anything went wrong, I push the button and the Ghoulies would take care of him.
“I got it right here.” I held up my wrist.
“I hope you know you’ll be wearing it all the time now.” He smirks.
“I don’t mind, it’s cute.” I shrug.
“Did you pack your bag yet?” He asks.
“No, I was too scared that my dad or Archie would find it. I’ll do it tonight when I’m done with Nick.” I look out the window. Tonight was the night I would be moving in with Malachai. The rest of the Ghoulies would be coming out in a few days and all hell would break loose. The era of Lodge would start.
“It’s only temporary. Sassy said house arrest, isn’t too bad.” He tried to cheer me up.
“I wasn’t even thinking of that. I was thinking about not see my family, Trev, and Tomoko for a while.” I groan. I would be considered a runaway, so I wouldn’t be able to leave the house until Lodge was fully in power.
Maverick park his green Monza on the side of the street. “Where are we?” I look around, not recognizing any of the houses.
He reaches in the backseat to pull a backpack up. “Here put this on. We’re going to do some anger management.” He throws pair black gloves on my lap. “Come on.” He got out of the car.
I put on the glove as I got out of the car. After he locked the car, I follow him down the street trying to figure out where we were. We stop in front of the house. “Is this Sheriff Keller’s house?” I eye the police car in the driver way.
“No, it’s Sheriff Killer’s house.” He pulls a spray can out of his bag. He shook it to spray the word killer on the side of the car.
“What the hell are you doing?” I whisper to him as I look at the door of the house.
“He locked half of us up for the same thing Northsiders were doing, but none of them were arrested. This guy accused you of being a murder, off of circumstance that apply more to his son than you. People are dying, because he too busy investigating innocent people. He’s incompetent at his job.” He whispers back to me.
I nod my head. He smiles at me and pull out an egg carton from his bag. I open it and we began to egg his car, when we ran out of eggs Maverick pulls out a brick. “Get ready to run.” He smirks. He throws it through the windshield. We ran down the street and got in the car to speed off in the opposite direction of the house. I couldn’t stop laughing the whole time.

We walk into Nick’s suite to see a table set up for two. He shows me to the couch and I took a seat. If I didn’t know we had a plan, I would be irritated. This night wasn’t about sex, if it was he would be leading us into the bedroom. No, this was about revenge, humiliation, and power. He wanted Veronica to see the life she could have had with him. He wanted to make her regret crossing him. That’s why we had to go along with this weird twisted role play of his.
“Champagne, caviar, pate. All of my favorites. You remembered, Nicky.” Veronica play along, staring down at the table.
“What are you still doing in this hick town when all of Manhattan should be kissing your feet?” He circles around her.
“I like it here.” She told him, keeping her eyes on the table.
“This is a phase, same for that hayseed, Archie. If only he could see us now.” He smirks.
“No need to gloat, Nicholas, you got what you wanted. Why don't you sit down and make yourself comfy? I'll fix us some drinks.” She pop open the champagne and pour each of us a glass.
Nick took a seat on the couch next to me putting his arms on the back of it. I leaned forward so he wasn’t touching me but made it seem like I was just taking a glass from Veronica.
“We could have been something, you and I. We, all could have been something. We could have gotten married, had kids. We would have a curvy redhead nanny and no one would be the wiser.” He took a glass from Veronica as she sat down next to him. He leaned over to give me a kiss on the shoulder when he spoke about me. “But sadly, I only have a night. So let's make it work, get up.” He put a hand on my back and pushes me. I stood up to prevent from being face first on the floor. “There are no kids for you to babysit. So, you can play maid tonight. Go in the room there any outfit for you.” He nods his head to the bedroom.
I walk into the room to see that were was a maid outfit on the bed. I drank the rest of the champagne when I saw it. It was definitely something he got from a lingerie shop. I squeeze into it to find that my boobs were hanging out so much that you could see the top of my areolas and the dress didn’t even cover my whole ass. I’ve done maid role play with Malachai, but that was fun. This was going to be anguishing.
“Oh maid, come refill our glasses.” Nick called me. I walk out and Veronica gasped when she saw me. I grab the bottle and refill their cups. I almost dropped it when Nick put his hand under my dress to squeeze my ass.
“God, we used to joke about ending up together one day. What happened, Ronnie?” He asked her, letting me go. I rush over to the table, waiting for me to be asked to bring them something else.
“You started roofy-ing girls, Nick, including my friend, Cheryl.” She hissed at him, done playing nice.
“Schoolboy mischief, all in the past,” He scoffs like that was a bad excuse. “Now, answer me this.” He got up and drank the rest of his champagne and stuck his hand out. “You still like to dance, don't you?” She took his hand and he helps her stand up.
“Music,” He orders. I play a love ballet for them to dance to. “Same perfume as from back in the day. What's it called again?” He sniffs her as they slow dance.
“Diabolique, I wore it just for you.” She whispers. He leaned in to rub their noses together before kissing her. I turn my head, not wanting to see that. I was the one who was half naked but I couldn’t help feeling like Veronica was the one being violated.
A loud thud echoed through the room, I look back to see Nick passed out on the floor. “Finally, took those drugs forever to work.” I went back into the room to change into my regular clothes, black jeans and a Metallica t shirt. Veronica and I search for clues of where we could find Archie. But, the only thing we found so far was the money she gave him.
We held our breath when someone breaks the door in. Archie fell through it. “Ronnie! Abby!” He got up and gave me a hug before going to Veronica.
“Archie? Oh my God, your face!” She whined, seeing it in person. He pulled her into a kiss. I close the door before anyone could walk by.
“What happened? Did he hurt either of you?” He looks between us.
“No, not a bit,” Veronica shook her head.
“We gave Nick a taste of his own medicine.” I smirked.
“We roofied him, smuggled in via your Christmas gift.” She lifted the locket he gave her. They kissed again.
“What are we going to do with him now?” Archie looked down at him.
“The concierge is sending up a power drill.” Veronica said.
“Someone coming up to sodomize him,” I said.
“What?” He looks shocked.
“I'm kidding.” She laughs.
“I got someone on call if that's what we want to do.” I smile innocently.
“I have an idea.” She smiles. “Let’s make some money out of this.”
Archie and I tied him to a chair, while Veronica called his parents. “Mr. St. Clair, I have your son Nick here with me. I'm wondering how much it worth to you to get him back in one piece.”

I got a million dollars in two big duffel bags at the foot of my bed. It was my share of the ransom money we got from St. Clairs. I had another suitcase open on my bed. I took a deep breath and began dumping my dresser drawers into them. I knew if I took my time making everything nice I would back out. I shove my photo albums in. I force it shut. I was leaving anything traceable like my phone, laptop, and other electrics here.
I look around my room, tears falling down my face. I didn’t know if I would see my childhood room again. Who knows if my family would want to talk to me after this? I wipe my tears and put a duffel bag over each shoulder. I decide to come back from the suitcase. I didn’t want to risk falling down and waking up everyone.
I got everything in the truck and drive off. I kept my head forward, fighting the urge to look back at the house I grew up. Instead of thinking about my past, I thought about my future.